Cool Surface Phone Concept

Delta Concepts

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am an enthusiastic of technology and few months ago I started making concepts of gadgets that are theme for various articles. This time I bring a concept for what I think the Surface Phone can be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4cqarelLUk

Hope you enjoyed it and feel free to give your feedback so I can bring you better concepts in the future!

Delta Concepts

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
This is really cool. You should do a Kickstarter campaign.

It is really complicated to have something on Kickstarter, at least by now I think I'll just stay by video-concepts. :p

Eh, this is much more a concept for the case than the phone. And even as a case, I don't like it.

Sent from mTalk

Well, the Surface Pro is a good device specially because of the case... Anyway, thanks for your opinion. :)

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I should specify what I don't like. I don't like the numerical keyboard. Ever since I tried a QWERTY keyboard on a phone, I hate numpads for typing. That's what I don't like about it. The full sized keyboard looks great (though it would probably be too tiny).

Sent from mTalk

Delta Concepts

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Maybe I should specify what I don't like. I don't like the numerical keyboard. Ever since I tried a QWERTY keyboard on a phone, I hate numpads for typing. That's what I don't like about it. The full sized keyboard looks great (though it would probably be too tiny).

Sent from mTalk

I made it with a numpad so it could stay useful when open, I thought about showing a second version of the case with QWERTY keyboard only (that couldn't open to a bigger one) in the end of the video but it was already taking so long to do that I gave up. About the size, it wouldn't be that small, for comparison with the Microsoft Foldable Keyboard: 24.95 x 15.4cm-Surface phone Case VS 29.5 x 12.5cm-Microsoft Foldable Keyboard (both when open). The keys have also a comfortable size as said in the video: 1.3 x 1.5cm-Surface Phone Case Keys (the ones in the middle, for example W) VS 1.4 x 1.4cm-keys of a common keyboard of a desktop.
It is a 6'' Phone, that's why the keyboard can have a good size.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I actually think this concept is pretty neat. I'm not sold on the number pad aspect of it. But I think the rest of it is pretty neat.

Daniel Rubino's only clue with the Surface Phone so far is "Keyboard..." So we could very well be seeing some new unique keyboard elements with the upcoming Surface Phone. Well done, OP.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I like the num pad. I use it quite a bit on my full keyboard. I see this as a different play on Continuum. A mobile pseudo desktop experience.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't watch this.

Here is the issue. You've fallen into the trap that a lot of YouTube video producers are also caught in.

Blasting music. Sound mastered at "11" is just rude and unnecessary, IMHO.

When a video starts risking damage to my speakers and my hearing I shut it down.

HUGE turn off.

I do not understand why this is a thing. It doesn't get my attention. It looses it quite quickly and I end up angry and against whatever you are trying to say.

[/rant]

Delta Concepts

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I can't watch this.

Here is the issue. You've fallen into the trap that a lot of YouTube video producers are also caught in.

Blasting music. Sound mastered at "11" is just rude and unnecessary, IMHO.

When a video starts risking damage to my speakers and my hearing I shut it down.

HUGE turn off.

I do not understand why this is a thing. It doesn't get my attention. It looses it quite quickly and I end up angry and against whatever you are trying to say.

[/rant]

I don't know if I understood well what you said. If you're saying the music is too loud, I understand that you don't like that but the original was way louder, in the editing program I put at almost half. The volume as it is now, is lower than when playing a music from Spotify with me.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I understood well what you said. If you're saying the music is too loud, I understand that you don't like that but the original was way louder, in the editing program I put at almost half. The volume as it is now, is lower than when playing a music from Spotify with me.

Here is a double screen capture showing the lowest volume I can achieve in the YouTube window and the 50% system volume I set as my default. My speakers are not extraordinary, just onboard Realtek in my laptop. Even with such reduction the music crescendos beyond my comfort level and can be heard quite clearly in the next room. My hearing is in the normal range and isn't what I'd consider hyper-sensitive.

FWIW this is a common trend with internet video and one of the reasons why I keep my system volume lower. By contrast the alert tone for new Skype messages is so low that I often miss it.

Capture01.png

Delta Concepts

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Here is a double screen capture showing the lowest volume I can achieve in the YouTube window and the 50% system volume I set as my default. My speakers are not extraordinary, just onboard Realtek in my laptop. Even with such reduction the music crescendos beyond my comfort level and can be heard quite clearly in the next room. My hearing is in the normal range and isn't what I'd consider hyper-sensitive.

FWIW this is a common trend with internet video and one of the reasons why I keep my system volume lower. By contrast the alert tone for new Skype messages is so low that I often miss it.

View attachment 122483

Am sorry for that and thanks for telling me, it was totally not my intention. It's something I'll try to fix in future videos.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Why would a phone have a little tray? It makes no sense. The design would cause issues down the line like some experience with the surface tablets. And phones are used more and in pockets and get beat up a lot more so the hinges could have problems quite easily. It's more likely that the e-ink flip case would be part of it and fold to provide a keyboard.

ms-second-screen.jpg

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
word flow helps so much in this regard. I didn't like the small qwerty keyboards until I tried word flow and "typing" has been so much easier and fun

I don't see how Word Flow helps with a laptop style keyboard laying on a hard Surface --- you can't really use your thumbs on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb