How about a Windows 10 phone that is 4.0" to 4.5" in size?

shenandoah

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Folks,

Just a brief post to ask "Why can't the phone manufacturers make a decent 4.0" - 4.5" phone"? I have a Lumia 640 dual sim that is great with one exception: It's just too large for my hands and to carry around. I can't understand why everyone wants a large phone? I'm impressed that Apple released the iPhone SE. They must have realized that people wanted a decent phone that you could actually put in your pocket without worrying about breaking it.

If the phone manufacturers were reading this, here's some specifications I'd like in a phone:

4.0" - 4.5" display
minimum of 235 ppi resolution - anything less is too grainy
micro sd slot
dual sim
US and European UMTS/HSDPA frequencies: 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 (so it can be used in the US AND Europe, not one or the other)
US and European LTE frequencies (not as important as the UMTS/HSDPA frequencies)

If Microsoft/Nokia made the 640 dual sim as a 4.0" - 4.5" phone, it would be the phone I'm looking for. Maybe someday............

Eric

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The industry trend was to make phones larger and larger. I guess it's easier to put more powerful hardware in a larger device.

Sony and Apple were the only ones recently to make premium smaller phones, so at least they stuck around but still. I'm glad the SE exists to hopefully pull the market back to a reasonable spot.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Certainly the spin Apple put on the SE was that folks are clamoring for a smaller screen and in some measure this is true. Not only the OP, but many others post this sentiment in the forums daily.

IMHO, the real reason for the SE is that Flagship Phone sales have plateaued and Apple has come up with less and less compelling reasons to abandon one super expensive model for the next. More 5S, 6 and 6+ users are standing pat and keeping their devices longer. Apple has long been in need of an affordable "new" product rather than relying on resale of last gen refurbs to bolster their sales. Thus the more budget friendly SE was born.

Cynical analysis aside, I find myself looking at the SE and wondering. It seems Apple has finally struck a price/benefit ratio I can appreciate. Honestly a 4" screen is a bit small to me, but I could probably make due. At least at gently used prices I could see the value in getting an SE.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the SE and it's pretty amazing. Microsoft should take notes. The front camera is ok, but the rest of it is solid.

I would also love to have a device made by Microsoft or an OEM that packs in what the SE does, at its size too.

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I would agree on the 4" to 4.5" with one addition. I would like to see a physical keyboard, either like the Blackberry Passport with the touch-enabling, or a slider unit like the BB Priv.

So tired of on-screen keyboards. Miss having a physical keyboard. More accurate and much faster typing.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I would agree on the 4" to 4.5" with one addition. I would like to see a physical keyboard, either like the Blackberry Passport with the touch-enabling, or a slider unit like the BB Priv.

So tired of on-screen keyboards. Miss having a physical keyboard. More accurate and much faster typing.
Gimme a Pre-like keyboard with a gesture area and I'm set.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos