I have been listening to the idea of the Phone shifting to a new category much like the Surface Pro has become a device that does more. With this in mind what is a surface Mobile, what could it be? Looking at some of the information that we know about right now it will have
    continuum (More below)
    x86 platform abilities two paths
    o emulator like the HP Elite 3X or
    o new hardware (intel, QUALCOMM)
    Great Hardware
    Accessories (Docks, audio, keyboards and Mice) VR/AR
    When Continuum first came out with windows 10 Mobile, the idea of having a Phone replace your tablet/laptop/Desktop especially for travel sounded wonderful, however the problem that your run into is how do you find a screen to work on, not every Hotel has a HDMI port ready for the phone to dock to, mirocast or correct aspect ratio. Replacing a laptop you would still have to have a lapdock or other screen to use. This is where I think VR/AR becomes a solution to the problem, if the surface Mobile is VR/AR capable (with the low requirements Microsoft just shared) your 5 inch Mobile becomes Dual 27 inch virtual monitors. VR/AR is the solution to Continuums need for a screen, using the phone screen itself as the VR headset or through an accessory for AR, the Surface Mobile could become a better visual experience than even a laptop, performance could be another story. Add a good Mobile mouse and keyboard and your have a Desktop/Laptop experience everywhere.
    x86 focus on businesses, now that you have a device that can give you a desktop experience in a Mobile package you need to have the software and performance. Using a emulator or cloud computing you would have all the software and with cloud the performance.
    Mobile + VR/AR + x86 = new category device (Surface Mobile)
    Other options could also include a 7-8 inch Plus/Pro with Pen support. Notepad for meeting notes, editing.
    E-ink screen option? Save batter, better on the eyes
    Tell me what you think. Do you see the Surface Phone/Mobile differently?
    11-23-2016 02:27 PM
    It could work. If people want WM10 to be like that.
    11-25-2016 04:32 AM
    It could work. If people want WM10 to be like that.
    I'm not seeing myself working with a 5 inch display all the time, to be honest.

Cheers
    Josiah23 likes this.
    04-06-2017 04:37 PM
    Definitely no to E-ink, latency is still a problem for any interactive function (reading has prolonged periods of no change so it works there).

I would say 6 inches with a Surface pen is ideal for mobile. Then allow continuum dock to larger tablet or lapdock (revisit Padphone concept or have a dummy tablet wirelessly).
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-02-2017 01:44 PM
    I can't see a 5 inch surface phone replacing a laptop/Desktop. Maybe for an average user but definitely not for someone like me that needs very powerful hardware to run resource hungry applications, with a good size screen.

I could see myself using it in a case where I would be using some smaller applications.
    05-02-2017 01:51 PM