WP7 Needs RPG's

lockey1982

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I know wp7 is still fairly new, but im yet to even hear about a big rpg title heading to wp. Are Square Enix even a registered dev for example? 99% of games currently on the market are of the casual variety which is both fine and expected for a smartphone, but catering for the hardcore gamer is important IMO because lets face it, games are the highest grossing category on all smartphone platforms, and the fact that iphone supports these more hardcore type games is the ONLY reason why it is regarded as a legitimate portable gaming device (sites like IGN review iphone games for example). I know the typical rpg is a much bigger project than most casual games are (even a port) so i dont expect there to be a plethora of these titles already available, but just an announcement would be comforting wouldn't it? What do you think? am i asking for to much to soon?

Omnia 7 Lover, long live wp7 lol :)

Last edited:

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
what is RPG ? and do they make xbox live gaimes ?
maybee you should email then and ask if they have plans for Windows Phone...

johnpaul13

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya, thats why i still have my iPod Touch after getting the focus. All ill say is patience. All WP phones are virtually identical to the iPhone 4 and far superior to the 3GS and they have the huge advantage of Xbox Live which should be a great pull for developers.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Castlevania Puzzle is a great puzzle RPG, but I'm hoping for some traditional RPGs too. I agree that Microsoft should really make a deal with Square Enix to bring their iPhone games to Xbox Live.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would love to have Zenonia (iOS RPG grind game) ported to WP7, would be an epic title with achievements added, coupled with Live status.

FearThyWrath

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
i Wish they would of added Torchlight it seems like it could be easy to give touch controls. Im enjoying it on 360 and would like to take my character on the go with me.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I want to see Phantasy Star Online come to WP7. That'd be amazing. I'm sure WP7 can pull off Dreamcast style graphics, so if they tailored a PSO game to WP7 I'd love it. New levels though please!

Has SEGA released any games for WP7 yet? I'm surprised we haven't seen Super Monkey Ball or an arcade port.

lockey1982

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I want to see Phantasy Star Online come to WP7. That'd be amazing. I'm sure WP7 can pull off Dreamcast style graphics, so if they tailored a PSO game to WP7 I'd love it. New levels though please!

Has SEGA released any games for WP7 yet? I'm surprised we haven't seen Super Monkey Ball or an arcade port.

nothing from sega yet, idont really understand why its taking so long for big developers to climb aboard wp7

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
nothing from sega yet, idont really understand why its taking so long for big developers to climb aboard wp7

because for the most part in the eyes of these big companies WP7 still "sucks". At least that would make sense, once the user base gets a bit bigger you'll be seeing more and more "big companies" make games. That is only obvious though I'm sure mostly everybody here doesn't need an explanation like this to know that.

lockey1982

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
because for the most part in the eyes of these big companies WP7 still "sucks". At least that would make sense, once the user base gets a bit bigger you'll be seeing more and more "big companies" make games. That is only obvious though I'm sure mostly everybody here doesn't need an explanation like this to know that.

Im aware that user base is an issue, on the other hand, there are many reports surfacing that suggest many wp7 apps are more profitable than there android version, and look at the size of androids user base. On top of this is the fact that the top titles are recieving huge exposure due to the general lack of quality games currently available. IMHO the present offers a window of opportunity before the marketplace becomes flooded. just my opinion though :)

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Im aware that user base is an issue, on the other hand, there are many reports surfacing that suggest many wp7 apps are more profitable than there android version, and look at the size of androids user base. On top of this is the fact that the top titles are recieving huge exposure due to the general lack of quality games currently available. IMHO the present offers a window of opportunity before the marketplace becomes flooded. just my opinion though :)

Well developers know that there is a lot of money on the table with Xbox Live. Development is coming, its just a matter of patience.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site

I wasted so much time with PSO back in the Dreamcast days with friends. I don't know if I could bear to do the same if they brought it to WP7 with some new levels and features, but I know that's a lie. :D

Super Monkey Ball 2 was announced back in January, no ETA IIRC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3