Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    If you have not tried Fable Coin Golf you need to hit up the marketplace now and get to downloadin'. I just finished the trial, and already this game is flat-out the best thing on WP7 that I have seen yet. It is a perfect phone game. Forget if you have or even like Fable III or not (I don't have it), this game is worth it all by itself. Awesome graphics and sound, smooth framerate, polished interface, innovative gameplay, hilarious dialog, medal system which gives replay value like Angry Birds...this game has everything. Really, I am blown away by the quality of this title.

Will check it out. Not that you hyped it up or anything!
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the trial and it's very good. I like that you can play it in portrait mode.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Just got it. I'll let you know if I feel as strongly as u do.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    just finished the trial. I think I want more. Hmm

It's fun but I only want the golf part. Not really a fan with all the other things in it (story, etc.). Still wondering if I should buy it....

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Looks cool. I'll buy it

I tried the demo last night and it was pretty fun. I can see it getting addicting trying to get the best score possible on the levels. Speaking of levels, how many are in the full game? I can't look up anything related to games at work...

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I've been at it since I bought it. It's pretty good and very addictive. It gets very challenging! Fun game.

I really enjoyed the trial but before I buy It I would like to know how long of a game it is, and if they will update it with new levels in the future.
    I'm cheap.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    15 Levels per chapter. Three chapters
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsteele View Post
    I really enjoyed the trial but before I buy It I would like to know how long of a game it is, and if they will update it with new levels in the future.
    I'm cheap.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I suppose the idea is to keep going back to try to improve your score on each table. I agree that this could be the Angry Birds of WP7, but only if it receives regular updates and new iterations like AB does. As it stands, Ideaworks Game Studio does not even list it on their website.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    The game has some good graphics and is unique, but I can't get into the game. Unless you're going for gold, the levels aren't that hard to beat... And from the demo they seem like they're on the short side. I wish the levels were either longer or the game was more challenging and unforgiving.
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Oh. Keep playing. I'm stuck and getting peeved. It most definitely gets tougher.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    A "randomize table" function would be pretty badassed. Or a function where we could create tables of our own and let others download them to try (a la Little Big Planet).
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Anyone else finding the game short lived? It took me about three hours to finish it. Fantastic game but I hope MSFT offers additional chapters on down the line.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Quote Originally Posted by GaMMa View Post
    I wish the levels were either longer or the game was more challenging and unforgiving.
    I'm finding the levels pretty challenging. I've only completed the first chapter but I was only able to get gold on about half of the levels.

Quote Originally Posted by GaMMa View Post
    The game has some good graphics and is unique, but I can't get into the game. Unless you're going for gold, the levels aren't that hard to beat... And from the demo they seem like they're on the short side. I wish the levels were either longer or the game was more challenging and unforgiving.
    The demo is not the full game. The levels do get increasingly more difficult in the real game.

And, what is great is that the trial levels are NOT exactly the same as the first levels in the full game. Love it when developers do that!

I got the trial, and I don't think it's up there with Angry Birds. It's a good game, and the graphics are good, but I don't feel the replay value of this game is good enough for me.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express
    Zune and Gamertag -GreeneGiant007
    Writer

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by George Ponder View Post
    Anyone else finding the game short lived? It took me about three hours to finish it. Fantastic game but I hope MSFT offers additional chapters on down the line.
    I think people will get more out of it if they have other Coin Golf owners on their Xbox Live friends lists. After every hole, the game automatically shows your top 3 friends' scores, so there's great incentive/reminder to practice and try for a better score.
    Games Editor - Windows Phone Central, Android Central, and iMore
    Email: paul.acevedo@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/EastXtwitch - Please subscribe to my channel and tune in for broadcasts!

Here is a youtube video for the game

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    After about 3 days of this game, I'm bored with it. Fruit Ninja is a better game. IMO.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    After about 3 days of this game, I'm bored with it. Fruit Ninja is a better game. IMO.
    Can I have it now then, to save me buying it ?

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I actually got bored with Fruit Ninja after a few plays. It never changes. I feel that way about those endless jumping games like Doodle Jump too. The only game I have ever really liked on a phone has been Angry Birds. After playing Fable Coin Golf, I will admit the game is not as fun as Angry Birds, however on a technical level it pretty much blows everything else on WP7 out of the water. I hope we see more games that look this good.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Yeah I got Fruit Ninja yonks ago and find it pretty boring, play it now and again for a couple of minutes.

I still don't get what all the hoo hah is about Angry Birds either, I had it on my iPod touch and it was OK but that was it, I was never too enthralled with it.

I agree about the 3D graphical looks and feel of Coin Golf it has the wow factor for sure, I have been tempted a few times but I'm a cheapskate and find the 3.99 a bit hard to swallow, I'll wait till they knock a pound off.

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast