Deal of the Week issue - 6th June

riskosd

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing something stange with this weeks deal of the week, finishing 6th June.

The deal states online that PAC MAN is available for 2.49. The issue though is that looking at the information regarding deal of the week on my mobile via the XBOX Live app the deal clearly reads PAC MAN Championship Edition DX.

I assume this is a typo but wondering if anyone else seeing this and if MS have to honour the deal.

Here is the link in question: http://windowsphone.xbox.com/en-gb/MOW/dotw_pac_man

Clearly reads Championship Edition DX.

Last edited:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Somebody got their wires crossed at Microsoft. Regular Pac-Man is Deal of the Week. I don't think they're going to honor the price on DX.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i noticed this too and was super excited. When you check the website link though, it does say DX, but it has the original Pac-Man game's picture.

Still, technically I'm pretty sure they're supposed to honor that? Somehow? That's more confusing with digital releases as you don't exactly have a person across a counter to talk to.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i noticed this too and was super excited. When you check the website link though, it does say DX, but it has the original Pac-Man game's picture.

Still, technically I'm pretty sure they're supposed to honor that? Somehow? That's more confusing with digital releases as you don't exactly have a person across a counter to talk to.

When they make an offer (specific product for a specific price) and you accept the offer, then that is a legally binding contract. I looked at that link and the picture and title don't link to anything, so it's impossible to accept the offer. Like you said, I'm not sure how enforceable that is online.

riskosd

May 24, 2011
Visit site
When they make an offer (specific product for a specific price) and you accept the offer, then that is a legally binding contract. I looked at that link and the picture and title don't link to anything, so it's impossible to accept the offer. Like you said, I'm not sure how enforceable that is online.

The link in question, which is when you click the PAC MAN picture will only work if viewed on your phone and actually automatically starts the PAC MAN Championship Edition DX game. I assume if not installed it will go directly to the PAC MAN Championship Edition DX marketplace page.

To clarify the page link can be found through your mobile when going into your XBL app and clicking on the deal of the week text in the whats new section.

As has already been said, its an obvious communication issue with their marketing team and would probably cost me way more in phone calls to try and get that ?3 saving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999