Angry Birds for WP7 vs Android version

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I keep pointing out that the comparisons with latest-spec'd Android phones needs to stop unless you think it's fair for me to compare the HTC Arrive with the T-Mobile G1.

I've played Angry Birds on the more similarly spec'd Evo 4G and I think it's better on the Arrive.

condemned

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I keep pointing out that the comparisons with latest-spec'd Android phones needs to stop unless you think it's fair for me to compare the HTC Arrive with the T-Mobile G1.

I've played Angry Birds on the more similarly spec'd Evo 4G and I think it's better on the Arrive.

It's actually smoother on the Evo. The hardware doesn't have much to do with it. It's the 30fps cap on WP7 that makes games not as smooth ad other platforms. I read somewhere that the games are capped to preserve battery life, yet battery life is still bad regardless.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yikes. Didn't know it was getting it's arse handed to it like that. If it's limited to 30 fps, then I dont see how better hardware would help. Unless it's running below the cap now.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mango XNA screen refresh rate can now go up to 60 Hz
XNA games are capped at 30 FPS. The cap will be raised to 60 FPS in Mango.

I had an Evo 4G for 8 months, then I ditched it for an HD7. I honestly don't see much difference with Angry Birds on either platform.

As for battery life, the HD7 absolutely blows the Evo away. The funny thing is, the HD7 has a smaller battery, yet it still lasts a good 3-4 hours longer than the Evo in my experience.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Yeah, it wasn't smoother for me either when I had the Evo. At my Arrive's worst, it reminded me of the usual with the Evo. Also, from full charge, I found out early that I couldn't play the game for very long if I wanted to be mobile because the battery just drained fast. If that's what you get for unnoticeable smoothness (and I guess multitasking), you can keep it.

Kitsune5tails

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you turn off the 4g radio? I'm not sure how long that adds to the battery on the Evo 4g, I hear the 4G radio is a battery hog. I have a HTC Trophy on verizon and my battery life is not awsome, but I think it might be the messenger app. Microsoft didn't even make there own messenger app, and it keeps reconnecting even with 4 bars and Wifi.

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a DVP and mine will easily get me from 6AM up until 1130PM with 15% still left in the charge (and the last couple percents last FOREVER).

YIP YOO

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
If your having issues with battery life just buy another battery and switch it out when it runs out.

I play a lot of live games and get a good 4 hours or more out of it which i think is pretty good.

When it runs out I switch the battery, I picked up a decent battery for a ?5 on amazon and because its so light and small it isnt a problem carrying on me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3