What games do you want to see ported to Windows Phone?

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The contest is now ended. The complete contest results are here:

Contest Results - What mobile games would our readers like to see ported to Windows Phone? | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Thank you everyone who participated.

The contest instructions were:

What one game would you most like to see ported from another mobile OS to Windows Phone as an Xbox Live title, and why? Remember, we’re only asking about games that are already available on other cell phones – not console games. Try to name the developer as well. You only get one entry, so make it count.

Here’s an example from yours truly:
I would like to see Phantasy Star II from Sega ported to Windows Phone. PSII is a classic role-playing game from the 16-bit days. It would be a great match for Windows Phone because there aren’t any pure role-playing games on our platform. The simple directional controls and button prompts would work perfectly on a touch screen. Plus, the iPhone version is really just an emulation of the Sega Genesis original. It should be easy to port the emulator, and it would open the door for more Sega Genesis ports in the future.

See how easy that was? We will choose the nine most interesting and/or convincing responses and give their writers a redeemable code for a Beards and Beaks Avatar prop that can’t be purchased on the Marketplace. This contest is open to readers from any nation, but we can’t guarantee the codes will work outside of the US. It’s the journey that matters, not the destination! Entries must be received by 10 AM PST on Tuesday, July 26.

Last edited:

Herrgott

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd really like to have a real port of the game "tiny wings" programmed by "Andreas Illiger" on WP7. In my oppinion it is the most addicting game I've ever played on a portable device!

fairydance

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Please port this game to wp7

I would love to see a port of resident evil 4. After winding up my girl friend that her iPhone was inferior to my windows phone. I then shed alot if tears going though the game sections of her app store. The main offender was resi 4 . The game is not only a critical point in series. But for action and horror games everywere. After shreeking out "that just ain't fair" like a small child who's sand Castle has just been kicked over. I drilled over the screen shots and customers reviews. The controls to touch screen work like a dream and the graphix flow as smooth as silk. Please port this game to wp7 so I can at least let my girl freind stop ranting me

UVSoaked

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see Audiosurf: Tilt ported over, originally on the Zune HD. Audiosurf is the best way to experience music, and while you listen to your tracks you also get to PLAY your tracks. Its perfect. It keeps you more entertained while listening to your music and feels like your song. If it is ported over, I hope they add more difficulties than just 2, since the original 2 varied quite a bit. Usually I'm not a fan of games that rely on the accelerometer, but it feels so natural in this game. The game also has very nice visuals and will look great on my Focus's screen. The best part about the game is that it uses your music collection. Its one of the main reasons why I regret selling my Zune HD.

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
From the other mobile platforms, I'd like to get Madden this year. It would make it even better to have some form of connection to the console version like mobile playbook management or even letting you play season games on the phone.

From the console, I think an Afterburner port would be a lot of fun.

IamVortigaunt

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Words With Friends

I'd like to see Words With Friends ported to Windows Phone by Zynga. My friends on iOS and Android play WWF together all the time. Although games like Alpha Jax are very similar, it'd be nice to have WWF with cross-platform multiplayer. Might make it easier for some people to switch if they know they can still play this game. Don't port over the buggy Android version, though.

leke47

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The game i would like on windows phone

The game I would like to be ported to wp7 is the zenonia series by gamevil. I chose this because I played it on my friends HTC hero and got addicted to it straight away. It has all the things a roleplaying game should have and it os also realtime which makes it even better. It feels like final fantasy for smartphones and it is a game I would not hesitate to buy if it ever came out.

ClearyMonkey

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see Halo: Wars ported over to WP7. The entire Halo series is incredibly well done, but shooters on the phone is a bit challenging, but the RTS version of Halo is fantastic and would be a great addition to the WP7 systems. Even if Halo: Wars can't be ported over as is, at least a modification along the lines of Star Wars: Hoth, that would be awesome.
Though I know Dune 2 & 2000 are not even on Xbox, on PC they are classic and wonderful games and I would love to purchase them on my WP7.
Thanks!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to see Infinity Blade from the guys at Chair. No only are we missing good RPG's ( used to be my favorite genre ) and multiplayer games but this is Iphone's game flagship, if we got this before Android the buzz among geeks and gamers will be pretty high.

Also it just looks to be a lot of fun.

PineappleJoe

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
My mobile game vote is for "Silent Hill: Orphan" (It was also known as Silent Hill: Mobile) which was published by Konami. The reason for this is that I have yet to play a game that either fully immerses me or scares me on my windows 7 phone. The game was a simple point and click affair but it managed to weave an involving and terrifying narrative through three seperate points of view. I remember having genuine hairs stand on end when I took the first trip to the 'otherworld' and with the upcoming release of "Silent Hill: Downpour" this game could get some fans back on board and ready to return to Toluca lake... (Maybe even with weapons / items that could carry across to downpour a la fable coin golf?)

If i'm allowed a vote for a wildcard entry I wish with every ounce of my being that they could remake "Ristar" for the sega megadrive into a mobile port. I'd do it myself if I had any skills.

Oh and the girlfriend says "Something to do with viva pinata"

Last edited:

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
There are a few games I can think of that I would love to see ported, but one of my top ones is Peggle by Popcap (now EA).

Popcap makes some really great casual games, and Peggle is a favorite. It may be a bit cheesy with the unicorns and such, but the gameplay is a lot of fun and was an instant favorite for everyone I have showed the game to.

Popcap has already released it on android and Xbox.

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see id software's mobile blockbuster "Rage" on WP7. With their id Tech 5 engine ported to iOS, they can pull out incredible graphics out of smartphone hardware. Rage is a state of the art ego-shooter title with great gameplay.

Imo, id software, together with Epic Games (their Unreal engine and Infinity Blade title), push mobile gaming to a higher level, which I'm yet missing on WP7. Especially as Microsoft is advertising that much with Xbox Live.

troyrig

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
AirAttack

AirAttack on iPhone is an awesome top-down plane shooter set in the WWII era. it's already got fantastic controls for a touch screen and is very well thought out. Lots of levels and upgrades to planes.

Sathanous

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
One of the best time wasters that I had on my iPhone was Hidden Oblect games... Particularly games like Expedition: Amazon from Big Fish Games... If BFG could join the ranks of XBL titles it would be hot ****...

arosy21

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
i would love to see (Street Fighter? IV) we need a good Fighting game we dont have any of dos games or mortal kombat dos game they already at the appstore i think the can be port in to the wp7

Last edited:

loganbo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Contest Game

The game that I would like to see on windows phone would be Worms: Armageddon from Team 17. Worms is a game where you play as multiple worms on a battlefield against other worms. When it is your turn you open up a series of weapons ranging from bazookas to exploding sheep. You can fire 1 weapon on your turn. Your goal is to kill all the other worms. I think that this games would be a great turn-based multiplayer battle game. It would open up the doors for Team 17 to make new games. In my perspective, I can end up seeing this game as a bestseller.

emark858

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I know we have Alpha Jax but I would still like to have the actual "Scrabble" on WP7. My wife has it on her "i" devices and it would be nice to play using my Focus.

hYpac0w

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see Dead Space by EA because I am a big fan of both console games. The mobile version takes place between the first and the second game that's why it fits perfectly into the story. The graphics are also brilliant and we don't have a lot of games with good graphics on WP7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3