What games do you want to see ported to Windows Phone?
08-10-2011 07:00 AM
- The contest is now ended. The complete contest results are here:
Contest Results - What mobile games would our readers like to see ported to Windows Phone? | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Thank you everyone who participated.
The contest instructions were:
What one game would you most like to see ported from another mobile OS to Windows Phone as an Xbox Live title, and why? Remember, we’re only asking about games that are already available on other cell phones – not console games. Try to name the developer as well. You only get one entry, so make it count.
Here’s an example from yours truly:I would like to see Phantasy Star II from Sega ported to Windows Phone. PSII is a classic role-playing game from the 16-bit days. It would be a great match for Windows Phone because there aren’t any pure role-playing games on our platform. The simple directional controls and button prompts would work perfectly on a touch screen. Plus, the iPhone version is really just an emulation of the Sega Genesis original. It should be easy to port the emulator, and it would open the door for more Sega Genesis ports in the future.
Last edited by eastx; 07-30-2011 at 11:36 PM.07-23-2011 03:09 AM
- I would love to see a port of resident evil 4. After winding up my girl friend that her iPhone was inferior to my windows phone. I then shed alot if tears going though the game sections of her app store. The main offender was resi 4 . The game is not only a critical point in series. But for action and horror games everywere. After shreeking out "that just ain't fair" like a small child who's sand Castle has just been kicked over. I drilled over the screen shots and customers reviews. The controls to touch screen work like a dream and the graphix flow as smooth as silk. Please port this game to wp7 so I can at least let my girl freind stop ranting me07-23-2011 07:29 AM
- I would like to see Audiosurf: Tilt ported over, originally on the Zune HD. Audiosurf is the best way to experience music, and while you listen to your tracks you also get to PLAY your tracks. Its perfect. It keeps you more entertained while listening to your music and feels like your song. If it is ported over, I hope they add more difficulties than just 2, since the original 2 varied quite a bit. Usually I'm not a fan of games that rely on the accelerometer, but it feels so natural in this game. The game also has very nice visuals and will look great on my Focus's screen. The best part about the game is that it uses your music collection. Its one of the main reasons why I regret selling my Zune HD.07-23-2011 07:29 AMLike 5
- From the other mobile platforms, I'd like to get Madden this year. It would make it even better to have some form of connection to the console version like mobile playbook management or even letting you play season games on the phone.
From the console, I think an Afterburner port would be a lot of fun.07-23-2011 07:31 AM
- I'd like to see Words With Friends ported to Windows Phone by Zynga. My friends on iOS and Android play WWF together all the time. Although games like Alpha Jax are very similar, it'd be nice to have WWF with cross-platform multiplayer. Might make it easier for some people to switch if they know they can still play this game. Don't port over the buggy Android version, though.07-23-2011 07:39 AMLike 4
- The game I would like to be ported to wp7 is the zenonia series by gamevil. I chose this because I played it on my friends HTC hero and got addicted to it straight away. It has all the things a roleplaying game should have and it os also realtime which makes it even better. It feels like final fantasy for smartphones and it is a game I would not hesitate to buy if it ever came out.07-23-2011 07:45 AM
- I would love to see Halo: Wars ported over to WP7. The entire Halo series is incredibly well done, but shooters on the phone is a bit challenging, but the RTS version of Halo is fantastic and would be a great addition to the WP7 systems. Even if Halo: Wars can't be ported over as is, at least a modification along the lines of Star Wars: Hoth, that would be awesome.
Though I know Dune 2 & 2000 are not even on Xbox, on PC they are classic and wonderful games and I would love to purchase them on my WP7.
Thanks!07-23-2011 07:48 AM
- I want to see Infinity Blade from the guys at Chair. No only are we missing good RPG's ( used to be my favorite genre ) and multiplayer games but this is Iphone's game flagship, if we got this before Android the buzz among geeks and gamers will be pretty high.
Also it just looks to be a lot of fun.07-23-2011 08:10 AM
- My mobile game vote is for "Silent Hill: Orphan" (It was also known as Silent Hill: Mobile) which was published by Konami. The reason for this is that I have yet to play a game that either fully immerses me or scares me on my windows 7 phone. The game was a simple point and click affair but it managed to weave an involving and terrifying narrative through three seperate points of view. I remember having genuine hairs stand on end when I took the first trip to the 'otherworld' and with the upcoming release of "Silent Hill: Downpour" this game could get some fans back on board and ready to return to Toluca lake... (Maybe even with weapons / items that could carry across to downpour a la fable coin golf?)
If i'm allowed a vote for a wildcard entry I wish with every ounce of my being that they could remake "Ristar" for the sega megadrive into a mobile port. I'd do it myself if I had any skills.
Oh and the girlfriend says "Something to do with viva pinata"
Last edited by PineappleJoe; 07-23-2011 at 11:49 AM.07-23-2011 08:38 AM
- There are a few games I can think of that I would love to see ported, but one of my top ones is Peggle by Popcap (now EA).
Popcap makes some really great casual games, and Peggle is a favorite. It may be a bit cheesy with the unicorns and such, but the gameplay is a lot of fun and was an instant favorite for everyone I have showed the game to.
Popcap has already released it on android and Xbox.07-23-2011 08:59 AM
- I'd like to see id software's mobile blockbuster "Rage" on WP7. With their id Tech 5 engine ported to iOS, they can pull out incredible graphics out of smartphone hardware. Rage is a state of the art ego-shooter title with great gameplay.
Imo, id software, together with Epic Games (their Unreal engine and Infinity Blade title), push mobile gaming to a higher level, which I'm yet missing on WP7. Especially as Microsoft is advertising that much with Xbox Live.07-23-2011 10:03 AM
- i would love to see (Street Fighter IV) we need a good Fighting game we dont have any of dos games or mortal kombat dos game they already at the appstore i think the can be port in to the wp7
Last edited by arosy21; 07-23-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: [url=http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=arosy21][img]http://www.lusogamer.com/live/lusogamer/gamercard_default/ar07-23-2011 11:09 AM
- The game that I would like to see on windows phone would be Worms: Armageddon from Team 17. Worms is a game where you play as multiple worms on a battlefield against other worms. When it is your turn you open up a series of weapons ranging from bazookas to exploding sheep. You can fire 1 weapon on your turn. Your goal is to kill all the other worms. I think that this games would be a great turn-based multiplayer battle game. It would open up the doors for Team 17 to make new games. In my perspective, I can end up seeing this game as a bestseller.07-23-2011 11:09 AM
- I would love to see Dead Space by EA because I am a big fan of both console games. The mobile version takes place between the first and the second game that's why it fits perfectly into the story. The graphics are also brilliant and we don't have a lot of games with good graphics on WP7.07-23-2011 11:40 AM
- i would like audiosurf tilt from the zuneHD ported over (granted it's not from another cell phone, but it's close :p)
the game was a blast, i got to use my own library in it, it was simple, quick to pick up when i had a few minutes to kill in a line, and didn't have to stop listening to the music i was listening to (for the most part). think of all the fun achievements that could be added to it!
plus, it should be fairly simple to port over given the similar-ish platforms.07-23-2011 11:55 AM
- This is the game that convinced me a ZuneHD was a good investment, and we all know how well that went. I realize the ZuneHD wasn't a cell phone, but it was a mobile device, and one our beloved Windows Phone is heavily based in, so I can't imagine it would be that difficult to port.
Edit: I have been beaten to the punch, lol.
Edit 2: Several times.
Last edited by hyoimowano; 07-23-2011 at 12:08 PM.07-23-2011 12:02 PM
- I would love to have Metal Gear ported. My assistant at work has an iPod touch when I see how the apple game store over powers all other mobile marketplaces it really frustrates me. I have always had a Windows Phone ever since the Windows mobile 5 days. Its time for Microsoft to step it up and outshine Apple and Android. It gets me frustrated when I see an advertisement for an app or game that shows usually at the bottom of the add what OS its available for and it always showing the Apple store and Android logo. I never see the Windows phone 7 logo.07-23-2011 12:51 PM
- Honestly, Paul, you took the words right out of my mouth... err, hands?
The game I most want to see ported really is Phantasy Star II by Sega. Phantasy Star is in my top three favorite RPG franchises, and it even beats out Final Fantasy on my list. As you yourself mentioned, there is certainly a severe lack of fully fleshed out RPGs on our beloved Windows Phones, and a classic from the early days of gaming seems like it would satisfy both the desire for classic/retro games, the desire for RPGs, and my absolute need for Phantasy Star to be with me at all times.
Don't get me wrong, I want EVERY Phantasy Star game on WP7, but as this thread is about ports from other phones, Phantasy Star II is a good starting point.07-23-2011 12:51 PM
- The game I would like to see Infinity Blades from Chair Entertainment to be ported to the WP7. Infinity Blades is a Role Playing Action RPG. This game was voted game of the year for the iphone and i believe if this would be ported to WP7 because this is very popular and many people would really love and enjoy this game. This game is an all time best, and the graphics are amazing, and would sell a lot on the windows phone.07-23-2011 01:15 PM
- Windows Phones
- Stuff for your Windows Phone
- Windows Phone Games
What games do you want to see ported to Windows Phone?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD