emailed cut the rope developer

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
i told them to bring "cut the rope" and others apps to wp7 they said there looking into it with future updates! :)

if it thats easy i say "we" as a growing strong community should start emailing developers!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i told them to bring "cut the rope" and others apps to wp7 they said there looking into it with future updates! :)

if it thats easy i say "we" as a growing strong community should start emailing developers!

Of course that is what they told you...why wouldn't they? It keeps your hopes up and gives you more love for the company and if they never release them for the WP7 OS...what does it hurt them?

Saying NO is a lose-lose, saying YES is a win-win.

Now, if they were to give you a date / quarter of release or some facts behind what it takes to get the game on the phone...that would be different.

I wonder how much it costs to get the game LIVE enabled???

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've emailed lots of developers (trying to help the WP7 gaming cause) and they do often flat out say no. Depending on the company's size, the cost of buying a WP7 phone and signing up for a dev account can (apparently) be too costly for them.

Xbox Live status does take a lot more work than just making an indie game. I believe in many situations, Microsoft partially funds the game, but they probably approached the devs first in those cases, not the other way around.

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
making it a xbox live title compared to indie dosn't really cost any more as said its more or less buying a developer kit and at least one windows phone 7 to test it out under.

Its just that xbox live games go through usually more testing to get certiftied then indie titles, as they are ment to be part of there "xbox" experience same on the actually xbox indie titles are basically checked to make sure they don't crash the system but outside that its free range on how it works as a xbla title it goes through much much more.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I would gladly pay to have Cut The Rope on my Trophy, I got it for my ipod touch, got it for my Android phone and would gladly pay for it again on WP7.

Perhaps MS should look at the top 25 apps or top 50 developers and offer them an enticing proposition to develop for WM7. I know apple has the market-share and the sheep will always follow, but I had the ip4 for six months and will not buy one again. I just moved all of my games to my ipod touch I had lying around but really want to carry one device.

Its a chicken and egg situation, the more apps available the more users will find a reason to buy, but until more users buy a WP7 device developers will always use market-share as an excuse as to why they are not porting.

jonnyvix

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
[...]

Its just that xbox live games go through usually more testing to get certiftied then indie titles, as they are ment to be part of there "xbox" experience same on the actually xbox indie titles are basically checked to make sure they don't crash the system but outside that its free range on how it works as a xbla title it goes through much much more.

[...]

That should be true, but if you test most xbox live titles against the basic games guidelines for WP7, they flat out fail :O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans