Hydro Thunder Go Update

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This wasn't on the front page, but Microsoft released an update to Hydro Thunder Go today. I'm not sure what the change log is, but from what I've seen performance is much improved. It seems like they've managed to double the framerate. The graphics look a lot crisper too. I'm very impressed with this update.

If you guys don't have this game... get it! It's awesome. There's a lot to do in it.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I played with a Trophy the other day on the Verizon store. The games seemed a little choppier than the Focus. I'm not sure if someone did something to bog down the phone or what, but maybe not all WP7s are equal? The game looks awesome on my Focus. Got all the achievements yesterday too :D.

Res215dg

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
This has been my favorite game on WP7 so far- I've put more man hours into PVZ but Hydro Thunder definately is the best racing game I've played on a mobile platform yet :D

3 more achievements left to get 200! Kudos to the developers for a game well done, hopefully we'll see some type of sequel or DLC for it

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm in agreement with everyone saying it's still not consistently smooth.

I admit the levels do run slightly smoother in some sports, but I see what they mean by only a 10-20% increase in performance. The update is very slight. Heck, the main menu still stutters.

Still, glad to see this title being improved. At this point, though, I'm thinking nothing but a phone with a better graphics chip will ever make a real difference.

More power to everyone who can see past the graphical stuttering I guess. Personally, I still can't :/

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
For me it only stutters every now and then. The menu stutters when it first loads, but goes smooth. Personally the menu wouldn't stop me from buying the game... You're not playing the menu.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
For me it only stutters every now and then. The menu stutters when it first loads, but goes smooth. Personally the menu wouldn't stop me from buying the game... You're not playing the menu.

I was pointing out that the patch didn't solve all the graphical issues with the title. You know something is wrong, though, when the least demanding part of your game isn't smooth. Regardless, the menu doesn't make it or break it for me; the still somewhat stuttering gameplay does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss