Let's think of reasons EA and GameLoft aren't pumping out games.

SeanR1221

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So both EA and GameLoft are huge iOS (and to an extent Android) developers.

However, besides launch titles, both have fallen out of the WP7 scene. GameLoft has SOME stuff coming (Let's Golf 2 and Splinter Cell) but what's EA's excuse?

They're sitting on a huge pile of games ripe for the porting...Dead Space, Need for Speed, Mirror's Edge, The Simpsons Arcade Game, Bad Company 2.

The worst part is, a lot of these are big hits on Xbox, and I'm sure MS would advertise them on the Live Dashboard.

GameLoft has a solid set of games that are "clones" of hit games. Dungeon Hunter, Eternal Legacy, Gangstar...

So why do you think these two companies have ignored WP7?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I think a lot of developer companies were waiting to release apps for Mango. The API list will take a big jump with Mango giving developers a lot more options. Mango is so close a lot of developers are already developing for it and wont release any more NoDo level apps. Hang in there I think once Mango is on all devices a lot of these developers will putting out new apps

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think the market is too small for these companies to come over. Plus EA always wants a deal when they go to a platform. Microsoft had to let then have their own servers for them to come to the Xbox 360. I'm sure they're both negotiating with Microsoft as we speak though.

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea alot of developers well most likely jump over with mango due to anything close ot m rated right now was not allowed due to microsofts policys with the parental controls being added this will change and m rated games will be allowed. So stuff like nova 2 will jump over and to think in the last 3 months we seen tons *around 30+ xbl titles* alone announced which up to a year ago was one here and there. I say in around 5-6 more months if enough handsets get sold and good word to mouth happens we will see ea, gameloft, square jump on board the wp7 train due to right now xbl games right now even with alot less phones then android make more money.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that both developers are apathetic towards WP7 and need some convincing from Microsoft. With EA in particular, they have probably become displeased by something Microsoft did or failed to do for them. It's behind the scenes so there's no way for us to know. In either case, the solution is for Microsoft to throw money at them until they come around. I really hope they come on board properly sometime.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The frame rate is ****ty on current games. I don't know if this is a WP7 issue or a dev issue. Hopefully Mango will fix this.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe objective c (the language you use to develop on iOS) is more of a lower level language, so you have more direct access to the hardware than you do with C# and XNA on WP. Maybe developers are concerned about performance issues if they don't have low level access to the hardware.

I also hear a lot about WP not supporting custom shaders, which might force some developers to rewrite their engines if they want to port their code to WP.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the market is too small for these companies to come over. Plus EA always wants a deal when they go to a platform. Microsoft had to let then have their own servers for them to come to the Xbox 360. I'm sure they're both negotiating with Microsoft as we speak though.

actually did did statistics on that , the smaller the marketplace, the more the app is exposed ,the more the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,

they launch a game on android and on WP7 the same day

WP7 had like 1000000 less sell`s for the game , but made more cash for the DEV! lol .

WP7 actually is more profitable for DEVS right now , Plus wp7 users are big spenders. (not by choice LOL stupid 7$ apps)

like BIG D5 Said , ALLOT of the DEV already have apps up for mango or are in the presses of making apps for MANGO! im expecting the marketplace to grow ALOT faster in the phew weeks after MANGo release , then it has so far in the 10months.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
A lot of gameloft games use the same 3D engine, so I'm hoping once splinter cell is out -if it does well enough - then porting over others games will be a cinch with much lower development costs. So get out there and buy it on release!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
A lot of gameloft games use the same 3D engine, so I'm hoping once splinter cell is out -if it does well enough - then porting over others games will be a cinch with much lower development costs. So get out there and buy it on release!

actually you should wait a couple weeks for the Deal fo the week. LOL!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3