How do you manage your Games and space (memory)?

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
When i plug my phone into zune, it shows 3 categories, Music, Pictures, Other/reserved space. Where are all my apps and games and the space they take up? If I just click uninstall on a trial version of a game or an app i downloaded, does it delete it entirely from my phone or do I have to delete it another way?

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
It's space becomes up for grabs. Dunno if you are talking HW level filesystem management, or just the OS level. Either way, the space is open (that's what I have observed, anyways).

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So if you uninstall a app or game then that memory is back right, not lost forever? Just want to make sure uninstalling means fully deleting it and getting back the memory it took up

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah for sure uninstall and your good to go..... its dummy proof lol

its not like in the WM dayz where you go go and delete all the files (not uninstall ) and it would basically make you lose memory for ever ( like on PC right now )

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Other is where your apps/files are stored (btw, thee is also a category for Video). This is an extreme case, but when I uninstalled the School of Rock app,, which was about 1.2GB, I got pretty much all the space back.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge, when you un-install an app or game, it should remove it completely and you get all of your data back. You can also adjust the amount of reserved space to leave on your phone. I do suggest at least some reserved space so the phone doesn't bog down any... Even when my phone has been over filled, it hasn't run slower than normal which is amazing. Most of my space taken up is from games. Some app I have are very very large like the SAS survival guide but the SAS guide is absolutely amazing in terms of useful data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills