SurvivalCraft

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Figured it would be best to start a whole new survival craft thread.

Let's talk about any kind of crafting materials and items we find/make. How we made them and blah blah blah.

Also how are you building your structures... I'm making a glass roof by first building a solid block house and then putting the glass on top, I will then mine out the center which will leave the glass there floating. Anyone else have some good ideas?

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Bought it yesterday and boy is it addictive. I have no clue what I am doing, just building a house out of dirt i guess haha? Can someone explain how to craft things? Anyway to dig cobblestone quicker? How do you get health? Where is coal? Do you have an objective? etc. Thanks!

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I think this game is very much worth it. For the price and getting all future updates for free while the price goes up for everyone else... That's a deal. If you check the developers blog, he is adding features like crazy and the next update is coming in a week or less, possibly by this weekend. I've never played minecraft but have heard it's very good. When I saw this game on my phone, I had to get it. The graphics amazed me as I didn't think this was possible on WP7 just yet.

As this build is Alpha, it works very well. There will be many more features added constantly and I've seen the dev's plans for the next update and future ones, they look very promising. There is no objective to the game but to survive, animals will be added later on to make it harder. If you were to pretend to be stuck on an island all by yourself then this is what that game is about. You must mine resources, make items, build shelters, explore caves or make them... there is a lot you can do in this game with just an imagination. There is a night/day cycle which is really cool since you can watch the sun rise and set.

All in all for an alpha build and the quality of the game, the price is very fair. Like the dev said, all updates will be free after purchase and price will go up once the game gets more added to it. This game already is in the top purchased so it does have a very strong support base. Buy it now while you can at a low price, it's only gonna get much better from here.

Sorry for the long post :)

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought it and love it! its very addicting and a good time waster. I built me a nice house, but now what? Thats the only prob as I feel it might get a little repetitive or boring. Anyone have suggestions on what I should do now or anything?

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does, I found myself doing other projects when I was already trying to do another. I wanted to make a glass floor in my house with a floor of lamps underneath it with water underneath that. I've actually done everything but the lamps and right now I have a floating glass house above a lake which in theory should be glowing when I'm done. Pretty cool I think.

The only other thing is to wait for the next update to come out sometime this week or weekend and it will add a ton more for us to do as well as a huge amount of fixes. Especially lighting and night lighting. Oh and we will be able to take screenshots in the next update as well so that will be pretty cool to share with everyone. Check out this dev blog tho!

Survivalcraft

Hope this helps.

L

lumic

I purchased the game because of the promise for future updates. If you read the developer's WordPress blog, he's already submitted a 1.1 update and it's pretty massive - lighting overhaul, torches, iron, copper, sleeping to set spawn point, full set of tools, etc.''

Agree that you guys should all check out the forums, seems like this game is going to be a huge hit.

What has annoyed me a lot so far has been the crazy fall damage, which I think should be lowered considering the lack of sneaking and less precise controls on a touchscreen.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Game got an update today. They added A LOT of stuff you can craft now! Even a pedia at the main menu to show you what you need and how to craft certain objects.

L

lumic

Game got an update today. They added A LOT of stuff you can craft now! Even a pedia at the main menu to show you what you need and how to craft certain objects.
This is what I'm talking about. The game was only out for about two weeks, and this update hit. If every update is this huge, oh my.

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The next update should be out this week and it looks pretty sweet.

I can't wait for the stairs and ladders. The snow/Christmas theme could be pretty sweet as well.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The newest update 1.2 is out and is awesome. Ladders and doors are fantastic to have but the Christmas theme is a pretty cool Easter egg kind thing.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Build artistic worlds, look at the forum and you can see what I'm talking about. Also survival, this game is only in Alpha and by the time the full game is finished, there will be much more too do. Otherwise it's an infinite block world that you can change up and mess with.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here actually play the REAL Minecraft? Just wondering...

Yep, I play on the no heroes servers. I only play once a week or so now but I played a ton for a while. Or servers are still running 1.8.1 beta so that's a turn off for me.. I hope they update soon.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
There are supposed to be caves with ore and stuff to mine, any hints on how to find them?! I've dug through mountains, under lakes, i've been as deep as the bedrock and cannot find a single one! ahh! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes