Download codes for XBL Games

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
On Xbox 360 it is possible to 'redeem' codes that allow you to download certain content. I would like to know if something like this exists for Xbox Live Windows Phone Games as well?

I am the Editor-in-chief for a Dutch website about Xbox 360. We receive promo versions of games (like this) and download codes to play games. We then write a review.As I'm not sure if the WPCentral policy allows me to name the site, I'll keep that to myself for now.

We are currently looking at extending the website to include Xbox Live Windows Phone Games as well. The owner of the website is currently contacting the major European publishers (Microsoft, Activison/Blizzard, EA and Ubisoft), but I'd like to hear from the WP7 community.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
it is possible.

WPcentral.com often have GIVE AWAY for apps/games ... so it is possible but you might need to contact MS directly.

im sure they would appreciate a web site advertising for them :p . maybe if you contacted the WPcentral team directly like Paul , or Daniel. they can maybe share some light on this.

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The owner of the website is contacting MS/publishers in my region at the moment. So I'll hear from him.

And indeed, I think it's an opportunity for both WP7 Game publishers/developers and us as a website.

I'll leave a message here if anything happens.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The owner of the website is contacting MS/publishers in my region at the moment. So I'll hear from him.

And indeed, I think it's an opportunity for both WP7 Game publishers/developers and us as a website.

I'll leave a message here if anything happens.

im actually interested to know hwo this will turn out :) we need more people like you guys helping push this product.

let us know :) ( specially so i can get some free stuff LOL )

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
To test games on Windows Phones, the author of the app submits a specific Live ID via the app hub that will allow the person to download the app from the Marketplace. It is like the app becomes hidden from everyone except the people on the list. I would speak to the developer of the app to ask them to add your Live ID.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3