Windows Phone getting no love from Rovio

Lxxh

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I know right. Almost every app I love on the iPhone is not available on WP.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
They say they are in this to win this, but each day I believe them less and less. Between this (I know its just a game, but it's symbolic of the weakness of Microsoft and Windows Phone) and Photosynth (WTF? It's your own freakin' software and you can't get it on your own phone???) and all the other major apps that still aren't on this platform yet, and AT&T blocking updates to the OS... I'm missing having hardware/software where the manufacturer has the balls to stand up to the carriers. I really am starting to not believe these guys any more. If the next iPhone has a bigger screen ......... :mad:

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
And they haven't updated their regular Angry Birds with all the additional levels. It's not like they don't already have the levels made.

Nokia really needs to strike some deal with Rovio. I would imagine that Nokia would have at least some influence since they're both in Finland.

Ariose

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi people, you can't blame Windows Phone for this. The people at Rovio are just some lame developers, which are blinded by the money they already got from developing the game for the other operation systems. They just don't care about their customers any more.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi people, you can't blame Windows Phone for this. The people at Rovio are just some lame developers, which are blinded by the money they already got from developing the game for the other operation systems. They just don't care about there customers any more.

Windows Phone is the problem. Microsoft better step their game up.

Windows Phone = missing out.

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter what you or I think of the game. It is THE MOST POPULAR APP on iOS, and Windows Phone STILL has only a small subset of it. To me it speaks volumes of Microsoft's actual commitment to the platform.

Exclusive Xbox apps? Coming soon to iOS and Android.

MICROSOFT Photosynth? iOS exclusive (so far).

Mistake I have made....

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Last edited:

DarkSynopsis

Sep 13, 2011
Does bug me that Rovio does not seem to care about WP7 yet does for every other platform! I mean Angry Birds even sold for more on the WP7 they must have made some money on just porting a game! As already said we don't even have updates for it thus missing out on a fair few amount of levels! Never got Seasons or Rio either so does not surprise me we won't be seeing Space any time soon :(

neville1355

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
developer here, chiming in.

I think it has more to do with the gaming APIs (openGL) being the same between iOS, Android and even webOS! For WP7, AFAIK, the API is largely built on DirectX and XNA, which are fundamentally different.

So from Rovio's perspective, they can release a game across openGL platforms with little-to-no code changes. For WP7, there would be far more development. There's a cost associated with that, so maybe they don't think it's worthwhile.

TL;DR the cost to port between iOS and Android is close to $0. The cost to port to WP7 would be tens of thousands of dollars.

edit: not saying it's OK, just giving perspective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3