Angry Birds in Space on WP7?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yawn...Sorry but, Angry birds is so last year... I dont even play the orginal one much never mind the 40 other versions...

I'm finding a lot of people agree with me on this....

but, last post I saw on this subject say they were thinking about it but, nothing more (offical:no plans)

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you want to get technical about it, it's so two years ago, not last year, as I was playing it on iOS 2 years ago. And I haven't played it in probably that long. And I never played the Rio version or any others either (as they're just reskinned versions of the original one).

But it doesn't mean I'm not interested in seeing what's new with the latest version. I'm reading that it should actually be Angry Birds 2, given the new features, etc.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
here is the article. game sucks any ways so who cares. Fragger is better.

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-not-getting-angry-birds-space-android-and-ios
Thank you! I must have missed that article somehow.

I don't understand the editorializing that is accompanying responses. I clearly have an interest in trying out the game, as I stated. Yet the two comments I get say "Yawn, sorry, that game is so last year..." and "Game sucks anyways, so who cares..."

I appreciate the info, but could do with the thrown in opinions.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
w/e if you want it , grab it ,, I was just giving you my opinion and with all do respect , no matter what you write , this is a forum and a forum = opinion +rents . so if your new to this communality get use to it LOL. cause every one gives their opinions here. lol , doesn't mean we dont respect your opinion :)

but I did give you the info :) lol

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
w/e if you want it , grab it ,, I was just giving you my opinion and with all do respect , no matter what you write , this is a forum and a forum = opinion +rents . so if your new to this communality get use to it LOL. cause every one gives their opinions here. lol , doesn't mean we dont respect your opinion :)

but I did give you the info :) lol
You did, yes, I appreciate that. :) I will check out Fragger as well, hadn't heard of it before your mention.

soulzero

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
This is the response I got from Rovio:
Your request (#121169) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:
http://rovio.zendesk.com/tickets/121169

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angry Birds Support Team, Feb 03 11:10 (EET):
Hello,

and thanks for contacting us!

News like this is announced at Rovio’s web pages or in a newsletter.
In most cases we will not publish any release dates for the updates before they are ready and available.
This is to make sure we can finalize the updates without external time pressure and because we do not
want to give dates that we cannot always guarantee we will hit.

Best regards,

Angry Birds Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Soulzero, Feb 02 22:46 (EET):
>>
>> Game & version number (if applicable)
>> seasons
>>
>> Platform
>> Windows Phone
>>
>>
>> Message
>>
>> When are you going to release Angry Birds Space, Seasons & Rio for Windows Phone7 ?
>>
>> ~Thanks,
>>
>>

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Honestly this kind of attitude gets the platform nowhere.

Angry Birds space has already been breaking records on Android and iOS and i can guarantee you that there are many people who are wondering why can't they get the game from Marketplace.

Imo easily best game on mobile platform and have been loving it on iPad 2 now for a bit under hour. Polish is up there and the HD version costs less than most games on WP and there's gameplay for tens of hours.

I kind of wished Rovio would have followed Nokia like it has so far with example Maemo getting Angry Birds before Android, but this time it seems like it's all about market scale first. I'm sure it will arrive to WP at some point though. Rovio is there to make money after all.

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I think my big deal with Angry Birds isn't not liking the game it just frustrates me that Rovio doesn't think we matter enough to make a Windows Version. I have the original on WP7 I barley play it anymore.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't care for Angry Birds, but I'm able to accept that it's a major app, surely one of the top selling of all time, and it's a bummer to see them blow off support for WP7. It's a bit of a statement towards the appeal of our beloved platform. I really hope we get some more traction with the release of Apollo and Windows 8 this year.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Engadget is reporting that we are not getting this title at all. See the link:

Angry Birds Space won't land on Windows Phone, Redmond gets no stars - Engadget

This is getting old, though I'm sure the tune will change fast if the Nokia devices really sell well. I also don't care for Angry Birds that much, but I still like to have app options at least and it certainly will matter to some people!

Now they've updated the article to say that we are, but there is no time line yet.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
March 23 2012 :

We're the No. 1 app in the Windows Phone app store, but it's a big undertaking to support it, and you have to completely rewrite the application," Peter Vesterbacka, the developer's chief marketing officer, told

"If you look at activations, Apple's iOS and Android are clearly bigger than any other platform," he added. "We want to be on all screens, but we have to consider the cost of supplying the smaller platforms. With Windows Phone it's a lot of work to technically support it."

News: Angry Birds Space avoiding 'smaller platforms' like Windows Phone - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

i love how they say not getting Angry birds could hurt WP. ROLF! like 100- people wanting Angry birds is gona hurt the millions of people that buyWO

Angry birds developers really have a Cocky attitude thinking they change the world by trowing a bird at a pig.

id rather games with GOOD support then a game that's gona come out full of bugs with ZERO support cause they dont like WP. ( and im being polite )

whats a polite way to tell them off??? lol

Last edited:

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's not *that* easy to develop for. The market for WP7 is sufficiently small that it needs to be nearly free to develop for in order to make it worthwhile. The market for iOS is big enough that they don't have to be nearly as easy to develop for, there's enough money to be made that it's worth the hassle.

The game layer for WP7 is sufficiently different from iOS and Android that all the display coding and graphical assets must be re-done. This one issue, all by itself, guarantees that WP7 will be a follow-on port of the Android and iOS games, done by the "B" team under contract to Microsoft or Nokia while the "A" team works on "Angry Birds in Cyberspace" or whatever their Next Big Thing is. Once Windows 8 ships (and assuming WP8 will run WinRT apps) then this won't be the case; a company can reuse much of the code and graphical assets between the desktop, tablet, and phone versions. But right now the distance between a large-market version (Win 7, iOS, or Android) and WP7 is very great.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
for new Developer = WP7 is the best place to start more potential sales.

for an existing and establish DEV = Android+Iphone

reason WP is good for new devs with new app/games , is that it has WAY more potential to get attention then on Iphone/android with the 50000000000apps , it just gets lost in the mess.

they did a test on this with releasing the same app on all 3 platform , and WP app was making the most $$$ cause it was getting WAY more attention due to low amount of total apps in the marketplace.

XBL games on WP = like 80 games? takes you 2 sec to see them all , hence = more potential. unless it already has a HUGE FAN BASE!

so in the End Angry bird not coming on WP makes SOME sens . but completely ignoring it is restarted cause they can still make millions off of it. specially at 2,99$ a pop on WP compare to the 0,99$ on Iphone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion