Games that wont load

tomlynch

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
A couple months ago I lost the ability to launch Angry Birds. The screen goes black like its going to load and then kicks me all the way back to the home screen. I was able to get it working again by uninstalling and reinstalling but I lost all my progress.

Recently Feed Me Oil did the same thing to me. I only have 1 achievement left and really want to finish it. Anybody have any thoughts that dont include reinstalling the game?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
aside from a * soft rest * or battery pull ( witch probably wont help ) not much else you can do :(

I read an article claiming that MS is working on adding app/game saved data to the cloud service with WP8 ,

but till that day comes...

PS: you dont lose your achievements if you reset, so even if they game say you have ZERO achievements done after a reinstall , your gamer score still reflects the points you had prior to the uninstall.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
PS: you dont lose your achievements if you reset, so even if they game say you have ZERO achievements done after a reinstall , your gamer score still reflects the points you had prior to the uninstall.

But it will probably get boring getting to that last achievement again ;)

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well, crap like "must play this many games" achievements are hard to get to because uninstalling resets that playcount.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
see if you have 1.5 GBs or less left, my phone starts acting up when my memory get low I think some of the memory is on the card and some is on the phone (just guessing) but my phone starts acting crazy when I get low on memory(700 MB- 1 GB), try deleting some music or movies to free up space and see if it helps, if not you can always put them back

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
see if you have 1.5 GBs or less left, my phone starts acting up when my memory get low I think some of the memory is on the card and some is on the phone (just guessing) but my phone starts acting crazy when I get low on memory(700 MB- 1 GB), try deleting some music or movies to free up space and see if it helps, if not you can always put them back
I'm guessing there's much less wiggle room when the space gets low and the phone has to scramble for it. When I overloaded my phone (to 100-200MB free in Zune), there would be huge lag after taking a video clip. Keep in mind that apps often do require large amounts of cached memory. I believe this is why video capture slowed down (I doubt it was processed during shooting), and an app such as Metrotube will keep the buffered video in memory and in my case, could take in excess of 600MB of space, especially when you're streaming sports matches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12