Battleship Xbox Live Multiplayer greyed out

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had the game for a little over a day now and I have yet to see the xbox live button under multiplayer not greyed out. I've tried turning on my wifi and then checking it, as well as having another person with the game on the same network and it still wasn't available. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas on how get it working?

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Xbox Live enabled in your OS under games settings? I know at least Wordament won't even start if you are not connected to Xbox Live with your phone.

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It was turned on in settings but I tried turning it off and then back on to see if it helped but the Xbox Live button is still grayed out.

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
by any chance are u only a xbox silver member?

shouldn't matter on the phone but if ms is following the need to be gold for mp could carry over

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
by any chance are u only a xbox silver member?

shouldn't matter on the phone but if ms is following the need to be gold for mp could carry over
Nope, I'm gold member. I should be seeing the button active even when I'm just connected to the cell network, right?

JohnC#WP

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it yesterday and everytime I click xbox live, it comes up with an e-mail.

The only thing I can think of, is maybe it's scanning my friends list (and I don't know if they have the app or not), and then finds that no one has it...

If anyone has this game add JGC843 to your xbox live friends list, or provide me your gamertag and maybe it will work then.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it yesterday and everytime I click xbox live, it comes up with an e-mail.

The only thing I can think of, is maybe it's scanning my friends list (and I don't know if they have the app or not), and then finds that no one has it...

If anyone has this game add JGC843 to your xbox live friends list, or provide me your gamertag and maybe it will work then.

You have to click on the plus sign when you go to send an invite, and you will see it say xbox live friends, then you can send it, my GT is DTP URBANLEGEND..send me a request and we can play

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough a request to play from one of my friends showed up in my xbox hub today. The first time I selected it Battleship loaded to the main menu and a green circle with a 1 appeared on the multiplayer button. When I went in there was the same green circle on the xbox live button but it was still grayed out. I selecting the invite a second time and it dumped me into setting up my ships for the multiplayer game. The button is still grayed out in the menu though so it looks like I can do multiplayer if invited but I can't start one on my own. Very odd...

JRube

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had the game for a little over a day now and I have yet to see the xbox live button under multiplayer not greyed out. I've tried turning on my wifi and then checking it, as well as having another person with the game on the same network and it still wasn't available. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas on how get it working?
I had the same problem with Xbox Live Multiplayer greyed out. It took a while to figure out which setting it was.
On the phone:
1. go to "Settings/applications/games"
2. click on "XBox LIVE Privacy Settings"
3. set "voice and text" to everyone
4. the other settings can be where you wish
5. click the save button at the bottom of the page

OlPaladin

Reactions: Jetface

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with Xbox Live Multiplayer greyed out. It took a while to figure out which setting it was.
On the phone:
1. go to "Settings/applications/games"
2. click on "XBox LIVE Privacy Settings"
3. set "voice and text" to everyone
4. the other settings can be where you wish
5. click the save button at the bottom of the page

OlPaladin

Thanks!!! Took a few hours after making that change but sure enough the button isn't greyed out anymore.

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
This will be a common issue coming upo with xbox live on windows phone then as it appears these types of games are consider voice and text not mp style so anyone with it greyed out won't work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven