Where are the games like Limbo??

codylew

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if anyone else is getting sick of the puzzle games or suffering from puzzle game fatiuge but seriously, where are all the XBL games like Limbo and Braid and why are we not seeing them on WP7? screamed in excitement when Final Fantasy was released but I think there are a ton more games that could easily be brought to the platform. Final Fantasy and a few other ports are proof that more great games that are more than just puzzlers can be brought to WP7. I used to have an iPhone and had tons of games that I enjoyed playing like Modern Combat and Nova as well as Final Fantasy and Zenonia. Defense games like Earth Defense and Field Runners were great time wasters but since I have been on WP7 all that has really captivated me is Minisquadron and the Harvest.
Is anyone else is feeling puzzle game fatiuge?
What games yall would like to see on WP7?

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know Limbo was available on the iPhone!! Would seriously love to play this game on my WP.

I'm guessing games (and apps in general) will be coming en masse once the general public accepts the platform as a serious contender and starts buying it. This is somewhat a catch 22 as people are attracted by apps and app developers are attracted by the number of people using the platform. It's coming though, slowly, but with WP8, W8 and the surface, the awesome Xbox services and SmartGlass as well as hopefully ATT's and VW's pushing WP, I'm pretty sure it's the beginning of a new era of dominance for MS.

codylew

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
What I am hoping that they will do is have an interface like Steam but for Xbox Live where I can play my games on the Surface or WP8. No need to repurchase a game that you already own.
Also Limbo is not on the iPhone. I admit the way I presented the topic was confusing. There are two classes of games I was talking about, 1)XBL titles like Limbo that should easily be ported and, 2)games on iPhone that should easily be ported.
Limbo and Braid I feel could be great WP7 exclusives! The others are games I used to play a lot on my iPhone that I miss now on my Titan. Still I would not go back to iPhone ever!!

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking game devs probably want to wait for WP8 and the more powerful hardware that will come around with it. Limbo on a mobile device sounds great! It only uses two buttons anyway.

Last edited:

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Defense games like Earth Defense and Field Runners were great time wasters but since I have been on WP7 all that has really captivated me is Minisquadron and the Harvest.
Is anyone else is feeling puzzle game fatiuge?
What games yall would like to see on WP7?

As far as defense games goes, you should try out Radiant Defense. It's pretty solid in a colorful nice style. Very fun and cute characters/story.

I kind of like Assassin's Creed, Splinter Celland Fusion: Sentient because they actually feel more like real games.

I agree with you though. We need more of those real games to the Xbox Live hub. Too much puzzle/physics games. I don't think that's what the Live brand should be meddling with.

At least we now have Final Fantasy and with the other ones above I have games for hours at least.

Other smaller quality games worth mentioning (I do enjoy some puzzle games as well):

Feed me oil
ilomilo
Majesty
Max & the magic marker
Tentacles (fantastic)
Rocket Riot
Undead Carnage: redemption

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Limbo would be really really hard to port to wp7 maybe a bit easier on wp8 but due to controls, and the graphic system it would need to be dumbed down, I seen about 3 to 4 trheads in here requesting it and as much as I would love it to work it won't sorry xbox indie titles are easy to port as they run on xna which is what wp is running a verison of for programming, I would love to see the people who just finished making penny arcade epsiode 3 bring all there titles on wp7 with xbl will not happen but would love to see it

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Very similar to Max and the Magic Marker.

I think that game played like limbo, but the Pause in Time effect that Max has helped with the precision needed for the marker. That wouldn't be needed for Limbo, as there really is just movement and jump. Could make the entire right side of the screen a jump button...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)