This again?

Windows Central Podcast 37: Windows 10 Mobile is still dead

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. jhoff80's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,416 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,395 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    First of all, this game is nothing like the (completely underrated) console version. I sort of expected it to be a crappy first person port with virtual thumbsticks until I downloaded the demo. Instead, it's a side-scrolling continuous running game, almost in the vein of Canabalt, if you ever played that one.

    Anyway, if anyone has bought the game so far, definitely add me on XBL, I'd love some people to show up in my speed run leaderboards.

    Gamertag is the same as my forum name: jhoff80
  2. Terrin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    wish I could I only have a samsung focus for my personal phone and I don't wanna put it on my work phone unless there was a way to transfer purchaes :S
  3. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    I've added you man. Not a big gamer though.
  4. Simon Darkside Jackson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrin View Post
    wish I could I only have a samsung focus for my personal phone and I don't wanna put it on my work phone unless there was a way to transfer purchaes :S
    Purchases are with the Marketplace NOT the device. If you buy it once you can Re-Install it on as many devices you have linked to your Marketplace account!
  5. Terrin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    143 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    I downloading and paid for the game on my lumia 710 and went to my samsung focus and tried to redownload it through the direct link and it says the app is currently unavailable for your device and gives generic reasons such as removed from marketplace, device is unable to get it and so on and so on
  6. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    If anyone else's interested, you can add me. Gamertag: vpsaxman :)
  7. jhoff80's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,416 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,395 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    So I beat the game, with all bags, all speed run stars, and I've actually played through the story mode twice... and yet the "beat the game" achievement refuses to unlock.

    Should be used to that by now, I suppose, but still.
  8. dannejanne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,145 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    I quite like this game but there's one issue that's driving me nuts when playing. The controls are very responsive except when I'm sliding on the ground beneath things and then when I swipe up on the screen to get up again I almost always have to swipe twice. It's not a sensitivity issue as the jump Always works on the first try. It's just when I'm gonna get up from a slide that the controls very often does not respond which is annoying to say the least.
  9. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,894 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,895 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Can anyone whose completed the game advise on the second mission, escaping the police station, can't figure this one out. Or maybe even a brief run through of the game, probably going to get tougher later. That would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  10. jhoff80's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,416 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,395 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Can anyone whose completed the game advise on the second mission, escaping the police station, can't figure this one out. Or maybe even a brief run through of the game, probably going to get tougher later. That would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Do you mean 3-2? Jump kicks and sliding under bullets are pretty useful. If you can make the jump to the orange wall run things, those let you dodge a bunch of cops. Not sure what specific part you're stuck at though.

    There's also iPhone version walkthroughs on Youtube, which are the same as the WP version.
    theefman likes this.
  11. theefman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,894 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,895 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Do you mean 3-2? Jump kicks and sliding under bullets are pretty useful. If you can make the jump to the orange wall run things, those let you dodge a bunch of cops. Not sure what specific part you're stuck at though.

    There's also iPhone version walkthroughs on Youtube, which are the same as the WP version.
    Thanks for the tip, found walkthroughs as you suggested and it shows how to get out.
  12. vp710's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    438 Posts
    Global Posts
    457 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
    I quite like this game but there's one issue that's driving me nuts when playing. The controls are very responsive except when I'm sliding on the ground beneath things and then when I swipe up on the screen to get up again I almost always have to swipe twice. It's not a sensitivity issue as the jump Always works on the first try. It's just when I'm gonna get up from a slide that the controls very often does not respond which is annoying to say the least.
    You have to wait until her whole body has passed the obstacle. Tricky timing though.

Posting Permissions

";