What ever happened to Words with Friends and Draw something

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Weren't these supposed to be released already for 7.5, or is this going to be for 8? I remember they said it was coming soon and that was about 2 months ago.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
They are on this ranch

mj-neverland-4.jpg

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't expect to see them until after Win8 and WP8 launch, as these are supposedly going to be available for both. That might mean 7.x devices won't get them, depending on how they're written.

I have no inside knowledge on this, of course, but given the supposed target for both Win8 and the phone, that will then depend on what the developer wants to do with writing the app and if they will write it in such a way that it'll run on WP7.x devices or not.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I know this is about Words and Draw, but I'd prefer Scramble w/Friends.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Draw something was a fad for about a month, everyone was on it. Not so much now. Still a fun wee game to play among friends though. The app i'm desperately waiting on is Viber :(

Viber is here for Nokia phones right now - Viber for VOIP now available for Windows Phone, but still exclusive to Nokia for now | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

That said I'd like to see Scramble with Friends and Words with Friends come this fall. I'll have to agree that Draw Something was a fad which I have no interest in when it comes to games.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I am not so interested in those 2 titles, rather I am interested to see zynga work on apps for windows phone. They said it would be available real soon back in June or whenever it was.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was also wondering about these apps. The Nokia blog made them seem like they were coming to 7.X as part of their sweeten that phone you just bought that doesn't get an upgrade deal. They were scheduled to be Nokia limited exclusives. I sent a message to Zynga support asking about it and will update my post if I get a response.

Update: I got my reply from Zynga Support.

ZyngaSupport

"Hello! We will inform you as soon as we have the information. Thanks! ^BB"

So there you have it. Nothing.

Last edited:

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have draw something on my Lumia 800 but it was taken down from the marketplace because ut was filled with bugs

True. Luckily I installed it before it was pulled...I don't seem to have any problems with it on my 710, but I'm sure they will put it back on the marketplace eventually.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I know I downloaded one of the two apps on my 900... don't even know which ones they were as I never really use apps.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It was Draw something... wish it were Words with Friends. Although I wouldn't play it, I know a lot of peeps that would probably give it a try if Instagram and Words with Friends was on WP.

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it only works for t-mobile customers currently. It says it's the adfree version..so I believe the other one will be released shortly as well. (with ads I guess?)

That is correct. T-mobile customers only ATM, soon to be for the general market.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism