Angry Birds - Star Wars

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't working at 8am but by the time I was getting on the tube at 10am ish it let me download the trial.
Seems good so far!

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I see ABSW is in the Windows 8 store for 4.99. And WP it's 99 cents?

Why is this not linking your purchases together? You purchase the app/game once with your MS account and you can use it on your phone/tablet/pc?

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So, I see ABSW is in the Windows 8 store for 4.99. And WP it's 99 cents?

Why is this not linking your purchases together? You purchase the app/game once with your MS account and you can use it on your phone/tablet/pc?

MS took the route of buy it and use it on your tablet and pc. Phone is separate. Apple took the route of buy for your iphone, buy HD for you ipad and buy again for the pc (3 versions, 3 purchases or run the iphone version on the ipad with borders). Android is more along the line of buy for your phone and use on your tablet also and well the chromebook doesn't have that many apps yet so we will see about it.

So really the you have to buy it twice for MS is better than buying it 3 times for apple products and is similar to Google products only a different grouping since MS has a different view of the tablet market than the others.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
MS took the route of buy it and use it on your tablet and pc. Phone is separate. Apple took the route of buy for your iphone, buy HD for you ipad and buy again for the pc (3 versions, 3 purchases or run the iphone version on the ipad with borders). Android is more along the line of buy for your phone and use on your tablet also and well the chromebook doesn't have that many apps yet so we will see about it.

So really the you have to buy it twice for MS is better than buying it 3 times for apple products and is similar to Google products only a different grouping since MS has a different view of the tablet market than the others.

Thank you for that explanation. I did not know that and must have missed the memo on that. Just one more question which may be a bit off topic but still about games.

What about the Xbox? Will that fall under the PC/tablet scope? I ask because for example I purchased plants vs zombies on my Xbox with points years ago, and then purchased on my wp a year ago. Would it be safe to assume when it launches on windows 8 store I would not have to purchase again?

I am a little worried for the fact that I purchased the Prometheus movie on my Xbox. I pulled up the movie on Xbox video in my windows 8 app and it told me I had to purchase for 16.99. I already spent 1200 Ms points on it a month ago. I know how the phone works when you re install a purchased app. You tap buy and it says you already purchased this and to download again. I didn't want to test that with 17 bucks on the line.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
OH MY GOD!. Are my eyes messing with me?

Angry Birds: Star Wars at the same day as IOS, at just 99cents?

Isn't this kind of huge? I mean Holy ****, we might actually start to caught up in apps and games. So excited for the platform.

It's that native code. Now the likes of Rovio don't need to make the app from the scratch.
I'm not sure how many people actually got how important that change was.

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
And can we all agree the game is amazing? I was extremely tired of the Angry Bird franchise but ABSW has not only brought an amazing breath of fresh air to the game it has brought some amazingly fun gameplay mechanics as well.

Deflecting blaster bolts with your lightsaber or Force powers are great and the style just hits the spot. The game is easily a homerun in my book.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
And can we all agree the game is amazing? I was extremely tired of the Angry Bird franchise but ABSW has not only brought an amazing breath of fresh air to the game it has brought some amazingly fun gameplay mechanics as well.

Deflecting blaster bolts with your lightsaber or Force powers are great and the style just hits the spot. The game is easily a homerun in my book.

Im loving this game as well. Already beat all the levels. :D Now working on getting all the 3 stars.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Is Path of the Jedi on the WP version? I could find a comparison of the WP, Windows, iOS and Android versions to see what differences exist. It does seem that some content is available on select platforms.

NoIX

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I really liked this game, I?m already trying for the 3 starts in each level but there is something that keeps bothering me.
I linked my xbox live account with my WP8, and everytime I start playing AB:SW I get a pop-up saying it couldn?t connect to my xbox account to try later, already tried wifi, 3g, and in different places.
Is this normal? what does it do once it connects?

Edit: it finally worked after the update, I don?t know what happened, but I got all my achievements.

Last edited:

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
So where are the new levels that iOS and Android got this past weekend? Dont get me wrong, having the game on WP is fantastic but it will stink if it just sits there like the original one without ever getting updated. I want to play the Hoth levels!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6