Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheNerdlyKnight
  1. OptimusDims's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
       #1  
    Isnt it supposed to be out today??
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusDims View Post
    Isnt it supposed to be out today??
    Yup

    Angry Birds | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

    But only on WinPho 8
  3. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,716 Posts
    #3  
    Not up in the UK marketplace yet
  4. OptimusDims's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
       #4  
    Not in the UK store it seems...
  5. #5  
  6. benryder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    #6  
    It wasn't working at 8am but by the time I was getting on the tube at 10am ish it let me download the trial.
    Seems good so far!
  7. OptimusDims's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
       #7  
    Yep, panic over its there now.









    I wasn’t panicking.
  8. Winterfang's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,541 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuddenlyDinosaur View Post
    OH MY GOD!. Are my eyes messing with me?

    Angry Birds: Star Wars at the same day as IOS, at just 99cents?

    Isn't this kind of huge? I mean Holy ****, we might actually start to caught up in apps and games. So excited for the platform.
  9. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    #9  
    I'll get it for sure. Glad to see a dev not leaving us old ancient WP7 users in the dust.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr
  10. jasqid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    #10  
    So, I see ABSW is in the Windows 8 store for 4.99. And WP it's 99 cents?

    Why is this not linking your purchases together? You purchase the app/game once with your MS account and you can use it on your phone/tablet/pc?
  11. phirefly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    So, I see ABSW is in the Windows 8 store for 4.99. And WP it's 99 cents?

    Why is this not linking your purchases together? You purchase the app/game once with your MS account and you can use it on your phone/tablet/pc?
    MS took the route of buy it and use it on your tablet and pc. Phone is separate. Apple took the route of buy for your iphone, buy HD for you ipad and buy again for the pc (3 versions, 3 purchases or run the iphone version on the ipad with borders). Android is more along the line of buy for your phone and use on your tablet also and well the chromebook doesn't have that many apps yet so we will see about it.

    So really the you have to buy it twice for MS is better than buying it 3 times for apple products and is similar to Google products only a different grouping since MS has a different view of the tablet market than the others.
    Thanked by:
    jasqid 
  12. jasqid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by phirefly View Post
    MS took the route of buy it and use it on your tablet and pc. Phone is separate. Apple took the route of buy for your iphone, buy HD for you ipad and buy again for the pc (3 versions, 3 purchases or run the iphone version on the ipad with borders). Android is more along the line of buy for your phone and use on your tablet also and well the chromebook doesn't have that many apps yet so we will see about it.

    So really the you have to buy it twice for MS is better than buying it 3 times for apple products and is similar to Google products only a different grouping since MS has a different view of the tablet market than the others.
    Thank you for that explanation. I did not know that and must have missed the memo on that. Just one more question which may be a bit off topic but still about games.

    What about the Xbox? Will that fall under the PC/tablet scope? I ask because for example I purchased plants vs zombies on my Xbox with points years ago, and then purchased on my wp a year ago. Would it be safe to assume when it launches on windows 8 store I would not have to purchase again?

    I am a little worried for the fact that I purchased the Prometheus movie on my Xbox. I pulled up the movie on Xbox video in my windows 8 app and it told me I had to purchase for 16.99. I already spent 1200 Ms points on it a month ago. I know how the phone works when you re install a purchased app. You tap buy and it says you already purchased this and to download again. I didn't want to test that with 17 bucks on the line.
  13. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,106 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    OH MY GOD!. Are my eyes messing with me?

    Angry Birds: Star Wars at the same day as IOS, at just 99cents?

    Isn't this kind of huge? I mean Holy ****, we might actually start to caught up in apps and games. So excited for the platform.
    It's that native code. Now the likes of Rovio don't need to make the app from the scratch.
    I'm not sure how many people actually got how important that change was.
  14. TheNerdlyKnight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #14  
    And can we all agree the game is amazing? I was extremely tired of the Angry Bird franchise but ABSW has not only brought an amazing breath of fresh air to the game it has brought some amazingly fun gameplay mechanics as well.

    Deflecting blaster bolts with your lightsaber or Force powers are great and the style just hits the spot. The game is easily a homerun in my book.

    KoukiFC3S likes this.
  15. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNerdlyKnight View Post
    And can we all agree the game is amazing? I was extremely tired of the Angry Bird franchise but ABSW has not only brought an amazing breath of fresh air to the game it has brought some amazingly fun gameplay mechanics as well.

    Deflecting blaster bolts with your lightsaber or Force powers are great and the style just hits the spot. The game is easily a homerun in my book.
    Im loving this game as well. Already beat all the levels. :D Now working on getting all the 3 stars.
  16. SnailUK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    969 Posts
    #16  
    Just got this. Awesome game, i can see myself losing hours to this game.
  17. zeke009's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    38 Posts
    #17  
    Is Path of the Jedi on the WP version? I could find a comparison of the WP, Windows, iOS and Android versions to see what differences exist. It does seem that some content is available on select platforms.
    Windows Mobile/Phone Device history
    Motorola MPx 200 Audiovox SMT-5600 (HTC Typhon) Cingular 2125 (HTC Tornado)
    T-Mobile Dash (HTC Exalibur) Samsung Jack (SGH i637) Samsung Focus (SGH i917) Nokia Lumia 920 ?
  18. grantatrade2011's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #18  
    this time great version, free in android but not free in iphone and ipad its very bad
  19. NoIX's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #19  
    I really liked this game, Iīm already trying for the 3 starts in each level but there is something that keeps bothering me.
    I linked my xbox live account with my WP8, and everytime I start playing AB:SW I get a pop-up saying it couldnīt connect to my xbox account to try later, already tried wifi, 3g, and in different places.
    Is this normal? what does it do once it connects?

    Edit: it finally worked after the update, I donīt know what happened, but I got all my achievements.
    Last edited by NoIX; 11-20-2012 at 03:05 PM.
  20. #20  
    So where are the new levels that iOS and Android got this past weekend? Dont get me wrong, having the game on WP is fantastic but it will stink if it just sits there like the original one without ever getting updated. I want to play the Hoth levels!
  21. George Ponder's Avatar
    Editor

    Posts
    472 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #21  
    Rovio mentioned it was coming to Windows Phone but we aren't sure if there's something slowing it down as far as development or if it's the Store's certification process. We've seen some games take weeks to go live after the release announcement.

    But I do agree, it would stink if the Hoth levels didn't make it to Windows Phone.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

    Thanked by:

Posting Permissions