12-07-2012, 07:05 PM #2
- 208 Posts
Where did you hear this?
The best I can say is that I would imagine a lot of Android devs (and ios too) are probably eyeing up WP8. If it starts to gain traction expect to see the games flow in. Right now it's not worth porting, but at the same time, leave it too long and the market will be as saturated as the other OS. If they're smart, they'll jump on board sooner rather than later.
EDIT: Actually you might be getting confused with Windows 8 rather than Windows Phone 8. I did hear recently that BlueStacks was coming to WinRT which would allow many android apps to be played on a Surface. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
12-08-2012, 12:08 PM #3
- 193 Posts
Heard the info from a friend whos normally on the ball about all this kind of stuff.
The games being on w8 does sound like it could be more true, but i thought the tablets, phone and pc versions of w8 were basically the same.
I did read something on cvg that epic games said that games could easily be ported to tablets and phones because all the os's on all these devices were essentially the same.
- By switchthreesixty in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-30-2012, 04:03 AM
- By BytorJr in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 19Last Post: 11-22-2012, 12:38 PM
- By himanshushirodkar in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 8Last Post: 11-01-2012, 02:04 PM
- By Zumanity in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 01-21-2012, 12:16 PM
- By 1jaxstate1 in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 5Last Post: 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM