Gameloft wp8 games due soon

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft should personally meet the CEOs of major apps like Instagram etc etc and coerce them into making apps. I know if it was Steve Jobs here he would have personally called up these big developers, held one on one meetings and discussed about getting the job done. I don't know what Ballmer is doing other being loud and obnoxious.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Am I lying though? I mean look at the "better marketing" they promised and broken promises they haven't delivered. Skype isn't even working well, games promised aren't available, etc. They don't even seem like they're trying. I will give credit where it's due, as they did push the first OS update quickly...

There has been and there still is better marketing. Broken promises? What exactly? Be specific. Skype is still in beta. The games are coming. I don't recall them giving an exact release date for any of them.

Lying? No. Misinformed and confused? Yes.

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
MSFT should be offering iOS and Android users $50 in free apps. Highlight key pay apps (Garmin, Navigon) and games. I would also think they should push a decent free trial of Xbox Music, perhaps 3 months.
I doubt that pointing out to iOS and Android users that they can buy some of the same apps on WP8 would make much difference.

MS needs to sell the UX and tight integration with Office, among other things. MS can't fight the app war yet, they don't have enough ammo.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
There has been and there still is better marketing. Broken promises? What exactly? Be d. Skype is still in beta. The games are coming. I don't recall them giving an exact release date for any of them.

Lying? No. Misinformed and confused? Yes.

At both Windows Phone 8 events those games were "going to available at launch". And with Skype, I'm speaking on the so-called integrated experience that was supposed to ready at launch as well.

They also said Windows Phone 8 was "now business ready", yet it still can't VPN in or even remote desktop natively...

Last edited:

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
At both Windows Phone 8 events those games were "going to available at launch". And with Skype, I'm speaking on the so-called integrated experience that was supposed to ready at launch as well.

They also said Windows Phone 8 was "now business ready", yet it still can't VPN in or even remote desktop natively...

Agree 100%. WP8 has been poorly executed. I really like my Nokia 920, but if this stuff continues I will bounce over to iPhone or maybe give BB10 a whirl. No more Droid for me!

Skype is a mess...Xbox is a mess...no promised games from Gameloft, EA,etc, still waiting on Pandora & Spotify, no Instagram or snapchat....quite a laundry list of failure.
I truly enjoy the WP8 OS and realize devs take time, but the issues above were can't miss types for growth.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Agree 100%. WP8 has been poorly executed. I really like my Nokia 920, but if this stuff continues I will bounce over to iPhone or maybe give BB10 a whirl. No more Droid for me!

Skype is a mess...Xbox is a mess...no promised games from Gameloft, EA,etc, still waiting on Pandora & Spotify, no Instagram or snapchat....quite a laundry list of failure.

I truly enjoy the WP8 OS and realize devs take time, but the issues above were can't miss types for growth.

I'm in the same boat as you. BB10 is so ugly, and iOS looks stale and old, but I KNOW iOS just WORKS, and they deliver promises. The only reason I've skipped iOS is because it's stale, old looking, I hate Apple, and it doesn't have NFC or innovative hardware. Blackberry 10 has all those, so if it works and they deliver promises, I will be switching.

I love the Windows Phone UI, and the whole OS in general, but this is ridiculous. Since the BEGINNING of Windows Phone 7.X, they've promised "this" and "that" and barely delivered. Things like User Suggestions get ignored, obviously, because things with high votes (like VPN) weren't delivered for WP8. Also, things like Nokia Drive being available for EVERYBODY was also a broken promise; how hard is it to put the stupid app on the marketplace for ALL Windows Phone 8 devices, and why would take that "months" after release when it was promised FOR release. It was shown off as a huge, bulletpoint highlight to get people excited for the platform. Now, instead of AT LEAST having the crappy DEFAULT Bing voice turn-by-turn (that was available in the "not compatible because of kernel changes" Windows Phone 7.X), people will now have NO voice turn-by-turn unless they get a Nokia device. Way to go BACKWARDS from Windows Phone 7.X Microsoft....way to go......

They constantly talk about making it "YOUR PHONE", yet they don't take the suggestions from people wanting to make it THEIR phone. Is it REALLY that hard to add the speech-to-text functionality to ALL text fields in the OS; is that REALLY a feature that requires months of effort, or would need serious consideration because "it takes so much time to implement"? Again, this was something that had a high count in the User Suggestions forms. Some of the stuff they miss is like "Really...? You guys wouldn't think to implement that in the OS....?". Again, I understand this OS is only 2 months old, but don't make promises and hype people up, make them wait for months AFTER announcements (when iOS and Android already have what they're promising), then release the product only to say "well, we couldn't get this done in time like we thought we would". When will they realize they have NO WIGGLE ROOM for that crap, and they DO NOT HAVE faithful followers, minus us on this board (the 3% of the entire smartphone population)...

Last edited:

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. BB10 is so ugly, and iOS looks stale and old, but I KNOW iOS just WORKS, and they deliver promises. The only reason I've skipped iOS is because it's stale, old looking, I hate Apple, and it doesn't have NFC or innovative hardware. Blackberry 10 has all those, so if it works and they deliver promises, I will be switching.

I love the Windows Phone UI, and the whole OS in general, but this is ridiculous. Since the BEGINNING of Windows Phone 7.X, they've promised "this" and "that" and barely delivered. Things like User Suggestions get ignored, obviously, because things with high votes (like VPN) weren't delivered for WP8. Also, things like Nokia Drive being available for EVERYBODY was also a broken promise; how hard is it to put the stupid app on the marketplace for ALL Windows Phone 8 devices, and why would take that "months" after release when it was promised FOR release. It was shown off as a huge, bulletpoint highlight to get people excited for the platform. Now, instead of AT LEAST having the crappy DEFAULT Bing voice turn-by-turn (that was available in the "not compatible because of kernel changes" Windows Phone 7.X), people will now have NO voice turn-by-turn unless they get a Nokia device. Way to go BACKWARDS from Windows Phone 7.X Microsoft....way to go......

They constantly talk about making it "YOUR PHONE", yet they don't take the suggestions from people wanting to make it THEIR phone. Is it REALLY that hard to add the speech-to-text functionality to ALL text fields in the OS; is that REALLY a feature that requires months of effort, or would need serious consideration because "it takes so much time to implement"? Again, this was something that had a high count in the User Suggestions forms. Some of the stuff they miss is like "Really...? You guys wouldn't think to implement that in the OS....?". Again, I understand this OS is only 2 months old, but don't make promises and hype people up, make them wait for months AFTER announcements (when iOS and Android already have what they're promising), then release the product only to say "well, we couldn't get this done in time like we thought we would". When will they realize they have NO WIGGLE ROOM for that crap, and they DO NOT HAVE faithful followers, minus us on this board (the 3% of the entire smartphone population)...

Buy an iPhone and done with your crying already.

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks that 'Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance' is such a stupid name? Okay, I would play it anyway if it comes to WP :)

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks that 'Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance' is such a stupid name? Okay, I would play it anyway if it comes to WP :)

lol, but Nova sounds sooooo cool, but yes Im buying this & modern combat 4, asphalt 7, & jetpack joy ride,

Frankie Malekian

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
For those waiting on Pandora, there is an app called Metroradio. It is actually Pandora, you log in with your Pandora ID, you have all your Pandora stations, you can like, or dislike songs. And best part, on the windows phone you get unlimited skips!

And you can't be aggravated with Microsoft for not having these games out yet. It is Gameloft that is developing and releasing them. Honestly the only complaint I have about Microsoft, and the new wp8 phones is that I absolutely HATE this new Xbox Music app. I really miss the Zune app and the Zune software.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've just joined WP8 with my new HTC 8x and I'm afraid that I will end up winded up by Microsoft and frustrated like most of the older Windows owners...
But give the bashing a bit of rest, Microsoft doesn't get to just say for example "I want turn by turn navigation on all new Windows 8 phones!" and Bam! There it is, maybe Nokia decided become more exclusive with their apps? I'm just saying business isn't a one way street.

But alas I'm brand new to the community, so take it with a grain of salt

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
For those waiting on Pandora, there is an app called Metroradio. It is actually Pandora, you log in with your Pandora ID, you have all your Pandora stations, you can like, or dislike songs. And best part, on the windows phone you get unlimited skips!

And you can't be aggravated with Microsoft for not having these games out yet. It is Gameloft that is developing and releasing them. Honestly the only complaint I have about Microsoft, and the new wp8 phones is that I absolutely HATE this new Xbox Music app. I really miss the Zune app and the Zune software.

THIS

I loved WP7 despites it "short comings." So WP8 is just a big upgrade EXCEPT for Xbox Music.
Games, I don't play many anyways. I spend 5 bucks on a game and play it just a few times. I mostly play solitaire or Angry Birds on a consistent basis.

Gameloft? They'll get here when they get here.

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
THIS

I loved WP7 despites it "short comings." So WP8 is just a big upgrade EXCEPT for Xbox Music.
Games, I don't play many anyways. I spend 5 bucks on a game and play it just a few times. I mostly play solitaire or Angry Birds on a consistent basis.

Gameloft? They'll get here when they get here.

Yep Xbox Music/Video is a joke. I wad a huge Zune fan. If this service doesn't get a major overhaul by next Holiday season I am considering another Phone OS.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a Microsoft line-up of games coming to wp??
Big titles, possibly something like halo or even forza mobile?? This would bring some exclusives to a phone that needs it by its own developer :) There must be something in the works by ms.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there a Microsoft line-up of games coming to wp??
Big titles, possibly something like halo or even forza mobile?? This would bring some exclusives to a phone that needs it by its own developer :) There must be something in the works by ms.

Hopefully we hear something at E3, if not, then xbox on wp8 is just a name & Microsoft doesn't really want to have the best gaming on mobile

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3