Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxmusix View Post
    Look, I'm not blind by loyalty or complacent, however we need to be a better enthusiast forum/group if half of what we do is complain. Its scaring away all the new people :-/ lol I've rocked the HTC trophy for a year before I picked up my Nokia 822- I'm frustrated too. I only hope people can be a little more optimistic about the platform or at least patient. That's the only thing we can do outside of promoting our platform of choice and asking devs for games/apps. WP8 might not be app or feature parity just yet but it does enough right that everyone in these forums took a chance on it :-)
    I wasn't trying to be critical of people above on a personal level. Its just discouraging to see particularly negative comments in the forums- they are neither constructive nor make windows phone central a good place to hang out. That's all. We need to have specific griefing forums that are more specific in purpose. The griefing is spilling out into a general discussion on gaming... Most of us are very familiar on the current state of affairs on the gaming front. It is what it is until its better. That's all...

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    Everyone should complain in the Gameloft forum, i hope we can get a more specific ETA for the releases.

http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/topic,74363.0.html

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Anyone noticed that today, in the News section of the marketplace theres a video presenting 12 games from gameloft? The one we saw before.
    Still, maybe it's almost time for release is they are already advertising it inside the marketplace

hopefully, although i couldnt find the video

I agree were are the big apps and if Microsoft want windows phone to be the top gaming phone with there xbox live they need the top games and game developers onboard EA and rockstar to name a few and big games like GTA III and Vice City would be epic on the platform and would really sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Tavares2 View Post
    Anyone noticed that today, in the News section of the marketplace theres a video presenting 12 games from gameloft? The one we saw before.
    Still, maybe it's almost time for release is they are already advertising it inside the marketplace
    I noticed this video in the Xbox app!
    I noticed the gameloft "sneak peek" section in the gaming hub as well. It would be nice if there were a time delivery frame instead of 2012/2013, which 2012 didn't happen...

Its been nearly 3 months since release, and nothing is available yet. Young OS or not, they've shafted a lot of 7.X customers, and should have stuff ready for delivery pronto to make people who took a chance on this OS YET AGAIN at least feel safe they aren't getting screwed again...

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Honestly. WP8 is not stable right now. Do you guys really want a load of CPU and GPU intensive games on your phone? For what? To complain more?

I rather a stable os update than a stupid game. When Microsoft irons out their OS, then i'll be anxiously waiting for these games, till then.. when it reaches, it reaches.
    What's rather funny about the above statement is that you apparently think that those things must be done exclusively from one another. Gameloft's not going to fix the OS, so why say that these games shouldn't be worked on while stability is improved? I mean, it doesn't make any sense. Should Gameloft **** there and not support the platform at all, and instead let the lack of games that people complain about get worse?

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    What's rather funny about the above statement is that you apparently think that those things must be done exclusively from one another. Gameloft's not going to fix the OS, so why say that these games shouldn't be worked on while stability is improved? I mean, it doesn't make any sense. Should Gameloft **** there and not support the platform at all, and instead let the lack of games that people complain about get worse?
    Meh. You're missing my point, Keith. First of all, I never said anything about Gameloft fixing the OS. That's Microsofts job. Also, I never said for Gameloft to not support the platform.

My point is that people are complaining and complaining about wanting these games. They WILL come. Just wait patiently.

ME personally would prefer a stable OS way over a bunch of games.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Meh. You're missing my point, Keith. First of all, I never said anything about Gameloft fixing the OS. That's Microsofts job. Also, I never said for Gameloft to not support the platform.

My point is that people are complaining and complaining about wanting these games. They WILL come. Just wait patiently.

ME personally would prefer a stable OS way over a bunch of games.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "stable OS." What problems are you having in particular? I have the Lumia 822 and couldn't be more happy. I also have a Nexus 7 with Jellybean and it lags, force closes, freezes, has audio playback issues etc. I've had fewer software related issues than I did when I had an iPhone 4. My phone nor my wife's HTC 8X have the Portico update but neither of us need it either. No problems...maybe its a Verizon thing. :P

With that said, what does Gameloft have to do differently with Windows Phone? They are adding achievements. The games should also be optimised- all WP8 phones use the same dual core processor. There are only three different resolutions to work with. Now ask yourself why Android isn't the bigger problem for Gameloft- they are mostly all unoptimised aside from the tegra 3 phones.

Just a thought but with them announcing 12 wp8 games i suppose theres a chance there will be one at the end of the month?? And one a month after that.

But which one first i wounder? :)

For me i hope its Modern combat or nova! Something with mp!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    Just a thought but with them announcing 12 wp8 games i suppose theres a chance there will be one at the end of the month?? And one a month after that.

But which one first i wounder? :)

For me i hope its Modern combat or nova! Something with mp!!
    I want Shark Dash
    Writer

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'll be making a strong push for more information from Gameloft soon. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, but it's definitely on my to-do list.
    Games Editor - Windows Phone Central, Android Central, and iMore
    Email: paul.acevedo@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/EastXtwitch - Please subscribe to my channel and tune in for broadcasts!
    Thanked by:
    TechAbstract likes this.

I've got the W8 version of Shark Dash. It's really good actually!

This is my knife. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Acevedo View Post
    I'll be making a strong push for more information from Gameloft soon. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, but it's definitely on my to-do list.
    Please let us know how you get on. Anxiously waiting for some info about these games.

Thanks ☺
    ImAdrian23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiiiiiiiii View Post
    Wow... They've got Shark Dash & Jet Pack Joyride HD before us... I don't think any of you know how frustrated I feel now. If we don't get Temple Run + Jetpack Joyride + Shark Dash by the end of February I will stop defending WP until MICROSOFT stops PLAYING WITH US.
    On the other hand, LOL BB10 won't survive even if they had all App Store games.

I was just reading about the list of apps promised for the launch of Blackberry 10. Many of the games they list have been promised for Windows Phone for nearly a year. If Blackberry gets them first I think outrage will be justifiable.

And not just that, but I'm curious to see how some of the listed games will turn out. The new Z10 is running identical hardware to the Lumia 920 and HTC 8X; 1.5GHz dual-core Krait and Adreno 225, same resolution as the Lumia 920 and the only edge it may have is that it comes with 2GB of RAM. I'll be annoyed if games like Monopoly, Fruit Ninja and others launch for the platform running full HD as opposed to our variants stuck at 800x480.

Maybe Blackberry is helped by the fact that all they do is make phones, so they can be more focused on promoting their single platform. Microsoft has countless divisions, but you'd think given their experience with the Xbox360 and Xbox Live that things would be a bit different.

I'll reserve judgement, but now Microsoft is faced with yet another competitor who seems hungry for success. It's a bit of a concern that they've come out of the gate with apps Microsoft hasn't been able to deliver on.
    ImAdrian23 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,874 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessrobot View Post
    I'll reserve judgement, but now Microsoft is faced with yet another competitor who seems hungry for success.
    I think thats the difference with Microsoft, they dont seem hungry for success with WP.

It would be annoying but what can we do but wait. I hope we see some drastic changes in the wp marketplace and soon.
    pfff i cant wait for Order and Chaos online!! Bud its taking long! Pls hurry��

Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts
    I saw the video for Modern Combat 3 for Android....Man I want that for Windows Phone 8... Almost tempted to grab a used android device just to play that game...

That is the type of game I talk about when I say REAL GAMES with xbox live achievements please :)
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Developer

I don't think they are coming anymore :/

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    And by "soon" you mean...........???? Yeah, exactly. Remember when MS explained the new kernel and how it would make porting SOOOO much easier??? Yeah, so do I. Oh....but then why is MS bringing this up yet AGAIN when they talk about "Blue"????

Seriously frustrated with MS's epic fail with WP thus far.......
    "Rangers Lead the Way!"
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast