Gameloft wp8 games due soon

buggyglint

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted Gameloft a week ago asking if they had any ETA on the arrival of ANY new WP8/7 games that they announced from October and haven't received a response. :eck:

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Please let us know if you do have any kind of response. Something is better than nothing. Hope we don't have to wait months for these games!

OMAR WAQAR

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
They never reply to tweets! If you read the description on their twitter account:
"Official tweets by Gameloft, top mobile, iPhone, & Android game developer. Helping you game on the go since 1999! Check out our social games @LetsPlayGL"

No mention about WP8 on their website either so I'm guessing another 3-6 months :-/

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hope it doesn't take that long! 3 months would be bad enough but 6+months would be very annoying. The newer versions of these games would be on other platforms by the time we get this lot i bet :(

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried tweeting them too haven't gotten anything back...

Not to complain, but from the broken promises and Microsoft appearing to loose faith in the platform, I'm really eyeing other platforms that actually deliver the stuff they promise.

And for people who are going to say I'm trolling, please watch the presentations where they constantly said this stuff would be ready AT LAUNCH...not 5 months after when "things are ready and worked out"....

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If I had to guess, I'd say they took a look existing Gameloft games on Windows Phones and decided the numbers were too low to invest any more effort in development. My suspicion is that they're waiting to see how well Windows Phone 8 does before they restart development.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The thing is, if they had brought out quality titles to begin with the sales would naturally be higher.

We really do need the titles they have announced. Good quality games on wp is main thing missing from the platform. I hope they don't bail out!

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. BB10 is so ugly, and iOS looks stale and old, but I KNOW iOS just WORKS, and they deliver promises. The only reason I've skipped iOS is because it's stale, old looking, I hate Apple, and it doesn't have NFC or innovative hardware. Blackberry 10 has all those, so if it works and they deliver promises, I will be switching.

I love the Windows Phone UI, and the whole OS in general, but this is ridiculous. Since the BEGINNING of Windows Phone 7.X, they've promised "this" and "that" and barely delivered. Things like User Suggestions get ignored, obviously, because things with high votes (like VPN) weren't delivered for WP8. Also, things like Nokia Drive being available for EVERYBODY was also a broken promise; how hard is it to put the stupid app on the marketplace for ALL Windows Phone 8 devices, and why would take that "months" after release when it was promised FOR release. It was shown off as a huge, bulletpoint highlight to get people excited for the platform. Now, instead of AT LEAST having the crappy DEFAULT Bing voice turn-by-turn (that was available in the "not compatible because of kernel changes" Windows Phone 7.X), people will now have NO voice turn-by-turn unless they get a Nokia device. Way to go BACKWARDS from Windows Phone 7.X Microsoft....way to go......

They constantly talk about making it "YOUR PHONE", yet they don't take the suggestions from people wanting to make it THEIR phone. Is it REALLY that hard to add the speech-to-text functionality to ALL text fields in the OS; is that REALLY a feature that requires months of effort, or would need serious consideration because "it takes so much time to implement"? Again, this was something that had a high count in the User Suggestions forms. Some of the stuff they miss is like "Really...? You guys wouldn't think to implement that in the OS....?". Again, I understand this OS is only 2 months old, but don't make promises and hype people up, make them wait for months AFTER announcements (when iOS and Android already have what they're promising), then release the product only to say "well, we couldn't get this done in time like we thought we would". When will they realize they have NO WIGGLE ROOM for that crap, and they DO NOT HAVE faithful followers, minus us on this board (the 3% of the entire smartphone population)...

Too many whiners on these forums. You've had your phone for a couple months and you already want out? Sounds like a lot of Windows phone "fans" have commitment issues. Now I wonder percentage of the whiners have been divorced or will be in the near future...?
All silliness aside, its important to remember that WP8 is a brand new OS. Be proactive and write devs. There is a reason Windows Phone is behind- public mindshare. Spread the word. Convert the a few isheep to windows phone and watch as the platform gains in apps and good will.

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Gameloft wp8 games due soon

Too many whiners on these forums. You've had your phone for a couple months and you already want out? Sounds like a lot of Windows phone "fans" have commitment issues. Now I wonder percentage of the whiners have been divorced or will be in the near future...?
All silliness aside, its important to remember that WP8 is a brand new OS. Be proactive and write devs. There is a reason Windows Phone is behind- public mindshare. Spread the word. Convert the a few isheep to windows phone and watch as the platform gains in apps and good will.

Best post I seen for some time
Agree the apps will come the wp8 is about 6 month ''old''
I don't think that "6 of 10 most have" apps is bad imo
And what is REALY needed in a smartphone

Skickat fr?n min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

No, some of us used WP for two years,

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Which is why im in need of some great games\apps. I used a htchd7 for two years without anything. Now that im on wp8 i expected more sooner i guess.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a hardcore gamer but I play strategy and rpgs and I'm wondering what games there are on iOS and Android that are so far ahead of wp8? Honest question.

I have owned Android and still use my iPad but the wp8 market seems to have just as many quality games when I browse.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Too many whiners on these forums. You've had your phone for a couple months and you already want out? Sounds like a lot of Windows phone "fans" have commitment issues. Now I wonder percentage of the whiners have been divorced or will be in the near future...? All silliness aside, its important to remember that WP8 is a brand new OS. Be proactive and write devs. There is a reason Windows Phone is behind- public mindshare. Spread the word. Convert the a few isheep to windows phone and watch as the platform gains in apps and good will.

What business of yours is it that people are complaining? When was Windows Phone deemed sacrosanct? I never got the memo that I was forbidden from being critical. I suggest informing yourself on the history of Windows Phone before criticizing the rest of us.

Windows Phone wasn't just released 2 months ago. Windows Phone 7 was released over two years ago. While WP8 represents a significant update, to the end user it's the same basic platform. The fundamental problem here is that over the past two years there hasn't been a significant release of games. There have been many promises for releases and few of those have been delivered on. The most high profile of those making promises was from Gameloft, with announcements going back a year. So far none of those have been released.

That's the first problem. The second is that Microsoft has substantial resources of it's own in addition to extensive experience with Xbox Live. In light of that everyone expected a much stronger showing on Windows Phone. Obviously, that hasn't happened and Microsoft has been mostly silent on the state of apps for the platform. Furthermore, we all expected a boost to coincide with the launch of WP8. That hasn't happened either and worse still, there's barely been a trickle of worthwhile releases. And let's not forget all the games that have been de-listed due to compatibility issues.

I think many of us will agree that Windows Phone is the best smartphone OS out there. That will help with the success of the platform, but at the end of the day it's all about the apps. With iOS, and Android to some extent, there's a constant deluge of new games. And I'm not talking about low-grade amateurish stuff; I'm talking about very high quality, entertaining games that take full advantage of the device's capabilities.

Maybe things will turn around dramatically in 2013, and I really hope they do. I continue to recommend Windows Phone to friends, but with a big caveat. If gaming is your thing you're going to be a disappointed and currently there's no clear indication that things are going to change.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm replying to myself, but I do want to add one more important point.

Currently the Windows Phone store does a poor job of promoting games. Apple and Google have had similar issues in the past but they've made strides to address those problems. Given Microsoft's experience with Xbox Live I would have expected a better approach going in. Even in a browser on my Mac I'm having trouble finding certain games without explicitly searching for them by name.

That's a good way to scare off developers, especially the smaller guys with no budget for marketing.

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Which is why im in need of some great games\apps. I used a htchd7 for two years without anything. Now that im on wp8 i expected more sooner i guess.
Look, I'm not blind by loyalty or complacent, however we need to be a better enthusiast forum/group if half of what we do is complain. Its scaring away all the new people :-/ lol I've rocked the HTC trophy for a year before I picked up my Nokia 822- I'm frustrated too. I only hope people can be a little more optimistic about the platform or at least patient. That's the only thing we can do outside of promoting our platform of choice and asking devs for games/apps. WP8 might not be app or feature parity just yet but it does enough right that everyone in these forums took a chance on it :)

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Look, I'm not blind by loyalty or complacent, however we need to be a better enthusiast forum/group if half of what we do is complain. Its scaring away all the new people :-/ lol I've rocked the HTC trophy for a year before I picked up my Nokia 822- I'm frustrated too. I only hope people can be a little more optimistic about the platform or at least patient. That's the only thing we can do outside of promoting our platform of choice and asking devs for games/apps. WP8 might not be app or feature parity just yet but it does enough right that everyone in these forums took a chance on it :)
I wasn't trying to be critical of people above on a personal level. Its just discouraging to see particularly negative comments in the forums- they are neither constructive nor make windows phone central a good place to hang out. That's all. We need to have specific griefing forums that are more specific in purpose. The griefing is spilling out into a general discussion on gaming... Most of us are very familiar on the current state of affairs on the gaming front. It is what it is until its better. That's all...

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone noticed that today, in the News section of the marketplace theres a video presenting 12 games from gameloft? The one we saw before.
Still, maybe it's almost time for release is they are already advertising it inside the marketplace

ngilbert89

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree were are the big apps and if Microsoft want windows phone to be the top gaming phone with there xbox live they need the top games and game developers onboard EA and rockstar to name a few and big games like GTA III and Vice City would be epic on the platform and would really sell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99