Gameloft wp8 games due soon

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Modern combat 4 looks amazing and here is a list of what's due:

Ice Age Village, N.O.V.A. 3: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Shark Dash, Asphalt 7: Heat, The Dark Knight Rises, UNO & Friends, Order & Chaos Online, The Amazing Spider-Man, Fashion Icon, Poker for Prizes, and Real Soccer 2013

Finally!!

Hopefully Chillingo will bring some of their great titles to wp8 too.

LandscapesR

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This ia amazing news!!! I came from iOS to windows phone ( 8x ) and let me tell ya, one of the big reasons I ditched android for a iPhone in the first place was game loft. They are the single best mobile game developer and a huge reason that iOS has such a big advantage. Think of any game - ANY - and game loft has a copy of it on iPhone. And they do the games very very well. They even have starcraft 2 copy lol. Well I love my windows phone 8 - and I have converted a few apple lovers to ditch and come to windows. Windows has 90% of all the good apps that android and apple - except when it come to high quality 3D gaming/RPG/MMORPG/RTS . I know game loft never wanted to touch android because it is such a open platform, just about any game you can search bing and find hacks. IF game loft comes to windows phone, it will make a huge difference to a lot of gamers and you will see several people switch from iPhone to windows. Cant wait for order and chaos - its 100% clone of world of warcraft and its free. The call of duty clone is also awesome , but was very hard to play on a 3.5" screen.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If games developers like gameloft jump onto wp8 then im sure others will soon follow.

Its one of the reasons my friends stick with android or ios because they have so much games and apps to offer.

I waited 2 years for this kind of announcement while i was on wp7 and i was the only one out of everyone i know with a windows phone. Things may now change :D

Windows is my favorite mobile os its just needs backing from good game developers and some clever apps and we're golden!

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Exciting times are ahead! Its getting hard to wait considering most of the aforementioned games should release soon. Jetpack Joyride is already on Windows 8, and Modern Combat 4 just came out on iOS and Android so its a matter of time. I would love to see GTA 3 and Vice City... Additionally, I'd like a Bluetooth or micro USB game controller support. Its a wasted opportunity. Release an official xbox controller attachment and watch all the iOS gamers and frustrated android gamers migrate over...

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about the cpu in the 920 but is it as good or better than what's in the current iphone and android phones?? Would it struggle in any way with any top games?? There's a stunning zombie game on ios that i would also love to see on wp.

The 920 specs are more than capable arnt they??

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How about my all time favourite, 'Where's My Water'? Back in oct when WP8 was announced, i read somewhere that it would be ported. Can't seem to find it now though. I just love that game! :)

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
How about my all time favourite, 'Where's My Water'? Back in oct when WP8 was announced, i read somewhere that it would be ported. Can't seem to find it now though. I just love that game! :)
Its coming. We all just have to play the waiting game unfortunately. Its encouraging however to see a lot of wp7 games get upgraded for windows phone 8. Bulletstorm received a great update.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know much about the cpu in the 920 but is it as good or better than what's in the current iphone and android phones?? Would it struggle in any way with any top games?? There's a stunning zombie game on ios that i would also love to see on wp.

The 920 specs are more than capable arnt they??

The Lumia 920 has the same 1.5 GHz, dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 CPU found in the U.S. version of the Galaxy S III. Both devices possess the same Adreno 225 GPU as well. There will be no issues with hardware.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The Lumia 920 has the same 1.5 GHz, dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 CPU found in the U.S. version of the Galaxy S III. Both devices possess the same Adreno 225 GPU as well. There will be no issues with hardware.
I hope you're right, because Modern Combat 3 and N.O.V.A. 3 ran like crap on my old Sprint Galaxy S3...I mean horrible. In fact, they ran better on my old Galaxy Nexus compared to the S3, which had the exact same GPU as the Nexus S (all Samsung did was overclock the GPU in the Nexus and threw it into the Galaxy Nexus). From what I understand it's all about optimization, and because Gameloft will only have one GPU to target it could be better. I expect the games to be smooth, but they will have to cut back a lot of graphics and stuff to make them run smooth.Only time will tell, but I basically gave up on good games running smooth for the 1st generation WP8 devices. The only reason I got my Lumia 820 is because I was able to get the money to buy one off contract without having to dig into my pockets (sold a NON-STOLEN T-Mobile 810 I bought for $150 for $350, combined with selling my Lumia 900 for 250). If that luck didn't fall into my lap, I'd still be in my Lumia 900 because NFC payments aren't enabled and the GPU in the 1st waves of WP8 devices is terrible....Adreno 225 is just too weak. I know it's a good starting point to get higher end games to come, but they could have pressed for the 320...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope you're right, because Modern Combat 3 and N.O.V.A. 3 ran like crap on my old Sprint Galaxy S3...I mean horrible. In fact, they ran better on my old Galaxy Nexus compared to the S3, which had the exact same GPU as the Nexus S (all Samsung did was overclock the GPU in the Nexus and threw it into the Galaxy Nexus). From what I understand it's all about optimization, and because Gameloft will only have one GPU to target it could be better. I expect the games to be smooth, but they will have to cut back a lot of graphics and stuff to make them run smooth.Only time will tell, but I basically gave up on good games running smooth for the 1st generation WP8 devices. The only reason I got my Lumia 820 is because I was able to get the money to buy one off contract without having to dig into my pockets (sold a NON-STOLEN T-Mobile 810 I bought for $150 for $350, combined with selling my Lumia 900 for 250). If that luck didn't fall into my lap, I'd still be in my Lumia 900 because NFC payments aren't enabled and the GPU in the 1st waves of WP8 devices is terrible....Adreno 225 is just too weak. I know it's a good starting point to get higher end games to come, but they could have pressed for the 320...

I think that the European S III has the 320 GPU in it. All of the information is on the Wikipedia articles for both devices. The phones had the exact game SoC model number (MSM8960, I think it was?). They're both the Krait S4 with the 225 GPU. The European/Korean version has something different (quad-core Exynos CPU and Mali 400 GPU), but I have never really studied anything about cellular chips, so I don't know how a Mali 400 compares to an Adreno chip (though I've heard that the S4 is better than the Exynos, despite have 2 fewer cores).

They could have pushed for the Adreno 320, and we see it out there. The Chinese Lumia 920T has the 320 GPU in it, and I think that it was said the CPU got a boost from a 1.5 GHz clock to 1.7 GHz. It's always better to get more, but I'm thinking there just weren't enough 920T chips available for the world, and they wanted to push their top stuff to China (where there is more of an open playing field without heavy Apple intervention), which maybe resulted in the later release date for the 920T in China over the 920 in the rest of the world.

But yeah, the internals are basically the same for the S III and 920. However, if Mango vs. Gingerbread showed me anything, Microsoft's platform seems to utilize hardware more efficiently. I know 4.0 allegedly improved that to a strong degree, but my Droid Incredible on Gingerbread was a sluggish joke, while I never heard my cousin complain about chugging with his Focus or Lumia 900.

Oh, and remember that Microsoft and Nokia are pushing a pretty substantial update to WP8 this month, just 2 months after release. It took about a year after I had my Incredible before it got an update, and that was the only legitimate one it got in the 2 years I had it. Microsoft's more likely to keep things going forward on current device, as well as legacy devices.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
That's great news if true, but I still want more of the free multi-player games to come to WP first. Such as SongPop, Scramble with Friends, bejeweled blitz, and temple run/subway surf, etc.
I'm glad jackpack joyride is on its way too. HURRY!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3