Wp8 gaming is such a disappointment

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I seriously hate that I check the market place everyday hoping for some good games and all I see are games that barely deserve to be listed on xbox360's indie game section. Its like everyone gave up.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I seriously hate that I check the market place everyday hoping for some good games and all I see are games that barely deserve to be listed on xbox360's indie game section. Its like everyone gave up.

Keep in mind, that is your opinion. Other people may find we have some really great games.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah waiting for jet pack joy ride, nova, and asphalt 7....but at least that Pac-Man Championship Edition is on sale for $1 I always thought it was fun, but not $7 fun, about to pick that up & hope Gameloft gives us a nice Christmas gift

JussiRM

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
There are some pretty good games (Carcassonne, and I'm actually enjoying the text-based game "Wizard's Choice, and some others), but I would like to see something that would graphically push my new device... every 3D game out there does not look much better than what I had on my Galaxy S. I'm guessing because they were originally for WP 7.x ...? :eek:

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
There are some good games but there's not enough decent games. The majority of WP games play and look like the trash that clutters ios app store. WP 8 games lack polish .even the Xbox games are bad and over priced

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah waiting for jet pack joy ride, nova, and asphalt 7....but at least that Pac-Man Championship Edition is on sale for $1 I always thought it was fun, but not $7 fun, about to pick that up & hope Gameloft gives us a nice Christmas gift
I bought that today also. And alpha invasion is pretty good

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind, that is your opinion. Other people may find we have some really great games.
it is my opinion but its based off of fact. I never said every game is trash but the majority are. They look like a 10 yr old made them as a class project. There are a few good games but I haven't seen any great games . Or any game that looks graphically as good as anything on android or ios. Like a dead trigger or any mmo.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree that the current games are amateurish garbage on the whole. The few gems there are on the platform are very small in scope ot basic in execution, like word based puzzlers.

But there is the potential. Skulls of the shogun looks to be the best game on any mobile platform according to its reviews and its a big, graphically adventurous and hardware pushing game that has the added boost of being playable over xbox, surface, windows pcs and Windows phone.

And what's more its exclusive to Windows Phone. Skulls shows the potential the platform has and what could be laying ahead over the next 12 months.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
If you're looking for a pocket Xbox 360 experience, I could see things being disappointing. But there are some really nice, enjoyable, addictive games on the platform. You've got word puzzles like Wordament... action games like Rainbow Rapture.... any of the Occasional Gamer titles by Elbert Perez are fun...then you have Krashlander, Juice Factory, World of Rabbit, Shuriken Ninja, and Panel Panic. Just to name a few.

They may not be at the same level as Borderlands, Assassins Creed or Halo but they are fun games to play while you're on the go.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I actually prefer the games on WP over iOS. That's my personal opinion, however. I find that too many companies are trying to deliver console-quality games on iOS. That's what my computers and video game consoles are for. WP games, for the most part (especially the Xbox Live games) concentrate on mobile phone/get in get out games. I want a game I can enjoy for a few minutes and so far I've found a ton that I love.

There are a few games I still play on my iPhone but I don't really miss any of them enough to activate it again and use it as my primary phone.

The only way, in my opinion, WP can be successful is to differentiate itself from the pack. I believe they've done that and are continuing to do it. I got a WP because I was sick of my iPhone, I wanted a change and that's exactly what I've got now for quite a while.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Some of this maybe true but WP needs graphically intensive games and ms needs exclusives some how but this is Microsoft which means just like the Xbox there won't be any exclusives . Gaming is the money maker across all platforms and if u go by the reviews if the games on WP the general consensus Is that they are horrible except a fee decent games .theres a ton of great Xbox live games that ms should have had ported over. Like trials, n+ that epic side scrolling shooter I can't think of anything at the moment lol I haven't touched my Xbox in months. I game on a PC.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking for games that are, as the above poster said, graphically intensive. Coming from iOS with games like Infinity Blade (I and II), and some others with amazing graphics, the game selection in the Store is kinda disappointing.

Edit: You guys should try T.I.T.A.N. I'm addicted to it. It's a dual-joystick shooter game. Only game that kept my interest for 2 days & counting.

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Games I've paid for: plants vs zombies, contre jour, angry birds - star wars, cut the rope, de blob revolution and jet set go. Fun games imo. I would love to see "where's my water" though. :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
. . . this is Microsoft which means just like the Xbox there won't be any exclusives .

Halo is one of the most popular shooter franchises of all time.
Gears of War is a step below, but still a VERY popular franchise.
Forza is the best racing series out there (Gran Turismo REALLY fell by the wayside, in my opinion)
Fable has been well-received (though it's not in my gaming wheelhouse)

Honestly though, you talk about exclusives while saying you game on a PC. Outside of the RTS/MMO genre, what has released exclusively for the PC in the last 5 years that's really been good? I guess Team Fortress 2, but was that within the past 5 years?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Games I've paid for: plants vs zombies, contre jour, angry birds - star wars, cut the rope, de blob revolution and jet set go. Fun games imo. I would love to see "where's my water" though. :)

The main site has an article about the fact that Where's My Water? is now available (along with another title). I considered Plants vs. Zombies, but after buying it on Steam, I don't care to spend $5 on a game I already bought.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking for games that are, as the above poster said, graphically intensive. Coming from iOS with games like Infinity Blade (I and II), and some others with amazing graphics, the game selection in the Store is kinda disappointing.

Edit: You guys should try T.I.T.A.N. I'm addicted to it. It's a dual-joystick shooter game. Only game that kept my interest for 2 days & counting.

I'll maybe check that out. How does it compare to the functionality of Gun Bros.? I like that game, but the positioning of the joysticks makes it a bit tough to hold the phone and play without a case for grip. I keep thinking the matte black 920 I have will slip out of my hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3