Question on the quality of the games...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't think people have been asking for Xbox quality games George, not in this thread anyway. The only comparisons have been to Android and iOS where you find actual stunning games like Dead Space, Real Racing, Infinity Blade, Bastion, Kingdom Rush, etc. I could go on and not all these games are about graphics.
Now I understand the SDK was released late to 3rd party developers but at the very least, Microsoft as a platform owner who also owns gaming studios should have released something to lead the way. If they didn't have time for that then they should have mandated one or two studios to give them quality games over the festive period. Just what Apple did with Epic 2 years ago.
By the way, the same applies to apps with Microsoft failing to provide a killer app at launch like Apple does every year with GarageBand or iPhoto. But I guess this is just the Microsoft way, do things well but very slowly.

For the third time in the same thread, you said it Bob. You said it man. Yes, of course not the QUALITY of XBOX, but at least the TITLES?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Misread things.
Still... there are quality games in the Windows Phone store and for a system that is what... just over two years old... the catalog is respectful.

Fair enough. My question was against MAJORITY of the games. Yes, it does have a few good games, Fable Coin Golf had even the Androids drooling..

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but windows has some serious work to do. Name me one game that can compete with IOS or android offerings??? I can't think of any. I have my i5, N7 and my 920 to compare with and WP is a sad case next to their competition.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
@George I would somewhat agree if the platform holder wasn't also making the Xbox. Microsoft has a longtime relationship with game developers and publishers and the Xbox 360 has been incredibly successful. It's fine to lag behind iOS and Android in features when you're a young OS but gaming should be the one area where WP should be at least on par with the competition.

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
@George I would somewhat agree if the platform holder wasn't also making the Xbox. Microsoft has a longtime relationship with game developers and publishers and the Xbox 360 has been incredibly successful. It's fine to lag behind iOS and Android in features when you're a young OS but gaming should be the one area where WP should be at least on par with the competition.
I agree with you 1000%. That is exactly how I feel and is my main topic of debate amongst my colleagues.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
When Unity's WP8 support becomes available, I expect that we'll see quite a few cool games.

I do wish MGS would make Age of Empires and maybe even Halo Wars for WP8.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There're great apps too but some developers are lazy and never update them (Ex: Line Birds, Call of Carlos etc), although they have thousands of downloads.

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
well, i just want to see some good quality and long good games on wp8. Not thousand or million of game that have no quality :)

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The App Store has a ton of junk, but at this point iOS is so inundated with good games that you have to specifically look for the bad stuff to find it. The crap on the WP marketplace doesn't bother me, what does is the lack of good games. It's bothering me that the good games delisted because of compatibility issues with WP8 still haven't been patched. It's also a concern that games announced early in 2012 have yet to show up.

It's not the end of the world, as I think the OS can stand on it's own. They need a much stronger showing in the app store is they want to ensure sustainability for the platform. Maybe we're going to be hit with a deluge of new games over the next few months, but I've yet to see any encouraging news. Although, I'm definitely looking forward to Skulls of the Shogun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss