Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Hello,

This probably sounds stupid, but here goes. Got a Lumia 920 last month, didn't have an Xbox. Set up Xbox live on the phone just to see what it was. Got an actual Xbox today, and it set me up with a different ID. Can I sign out of XBox live on the phone and sign back in with the XBox ID on the Xbox? Frustrating because I can't use smartglass.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Disregard, its working I just "downloaded profile" for the ID I had on the phone. It wasn't taking my live.com credentials earlier, which caused me to sign in with my outlook.com credentials, creating another ID.
    How did you switch it i am still stuck with the id the phone gave me player 563738 or whatever it is . But i cannot sign my real xlive account in , this is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Henrickson View Post
    How did you switch it i am still stuck with the id the phone gave me player 563738 or whatever it is . But i cannot sign my real xlive account in , this is crazy
    I'm not sure if you can. I don't believe the windows phone 7 allows you to so you might have to do a hard reset which would suck.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Henrickson View Post
    He did not switch it, hr just downloaded the phone Xbox profile to the console.

For switching your Xbox profile, you have to change the associated Microsoft account from the console.

Xbox support page has a nice long FAQ on the subject.