Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hey All,

Anyone know of any SNES Emulators on its way to WP8? im dying toplay some Mario All Starts and Zelda on my L920.

Cheers

Don't know of SNES. But there is an NES one called vNES light. Also Purple Cherry is a gameboy color emulator. Both work well and can be downloaded for free
    Thanked by:

How do you upload NES games into vNES? Thanks for mentioning Purple Cherry, didn't know that existed.
    Krys Morgenweck
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - k.morgenweck@live.com
    Twitter - @krystea

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krystea View Post
    How do you upload NES games into vNES? Thanks for mentioning Purple Cherry, didn't know that existed.
    When you open vnes hit the + button at the bottom then hit the help button. Detailed instructions are there.

Global Posts
    8,085 Global Posts
    Purple Cherry, vNES, and Blue Tomato are all XNA-based, which is harder to do than just porting over something in native code.

For WP8, it should be easier to do stuff like that, if the developer interest is there. There IS already an SNES emulator on Windows RT, so it shouldn't be that difficult for the developer to port it to the phone, for example.

vNESlight is a great emulator, but the controls are terrible. They don't seem bad until you try to actually play through any game. Maybe others will have better luck, but I'd hold off until they improve the controls.

SNES8X has arrived for WP8 runs nice and using Skydrive for Rom source! very nice app, just wish they'd give the option for a thumstick control as opposed to D pad...