Temple Run 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why people have an issue with indie titles vs Xbox. I mean, I'm pretty heavy into Xbox myself, been with them since Xbox live on the original console, with the same gamertag. But something people seem to miss is technically ALL of the IOS titles are indie, as they are not released by Apple. If we want to get games here on WP, we need to encourage developers, not throw down a gauntlet saying we expect you to go through this exceedingly difficult approval process that you may not even pass. Get them on board first, let them see there is a customer base here, and then try to get them to submit Xbox live games.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
If only Subway Surfer was available... I've sent some e-mails to both developers and got almost the same reply.
"Hi, Thank you for your inquiry.
We're currently reviewing the future of Subway Surfers.
We strive to release it to as many platforms as possible.

Best Regards,
Kiloo
"

I thought that WP8 would change things. It did not. It's just the old WP7 with a new start screen IMO. It is true that there're couple of games that are worthy for WP8 (where's my perry/water & dredds vs zombies and few others) but as they are not XBLA as Microsoft has a horrible process... oh well. I hope in the near future they will fulfill our desires.

Buddy i need you you to not lose hope in WP8, coz its evolving... I agree with you that you feel lost in the wild with you WP8 device but no one at MS has conveyed that they would not be enhancing the OS, so my personal take on this would be, give them some time, things will be much better. cheers

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Buddy i need you you to not lose hope in WP8, coz its evolving... I agree with you that you feel lost in the wild with you WP8 device but no one at MS has conveyed that they would not be enhancing the OS, so my personal take on this would be, give them some time, things will be much better. cheers
I did not lose hope yet. But I really thought WP would change things and it didn't.

eagle628

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Its a game people. Really? Judging an entire platform over one totally overrated game is like complaining about the stitching on the leather seats in a Porsche. WP8 has some catching up to do sure but crying about one silly game because 'everyone else has it' is rather weak.

Yeah, but its emblematic of a larger problem. If it was just Temple Run, I'd agree, it'd be annoying but not a serious impediment to the platform. But it's not just "one silly game," it's dozens. There's so many games/apps that WP is missing, it's a bigger surprise when a big-name title is available than when it's not.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, Temple Run can be fun, more when we compete with friends for high scores, but I still prefer Jetpack Joyride when it comes to infinite runners.
Which reminds me, it has been announced as a WP release, where is it? =P

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am using a HTC DNA (work issued) and got Temple Run... yawn.. I hate games that don't end or have levels of some sort. So that's a huge detractor but it's boring after just a few minutes. Windows Phone isn't missing anything.

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
like I said, if you really must have it, instead of switching completely to iOS why not buy an iPod touch, just to fill the hole wp8 is lacking.

Works for me, I don't mind carrying an additonal iDevice. and use my HTC 8x as my daily driver.

You DO realize that there is more than just a need for certain games, right? There are plenty of daily apps (like banking) that WP8 has yet to port. Carrying around an iPod touch works for games (non connection ones) but doesn't solve all the other app problems because the iPod touch does not have a cellular connection (and in the US, there is not a 24/7 Wi-Fi connection).

zilab

May 24, 2011
Visit site
You DO realize that there is more than just a need for certain games, right? There are plenty of daily apps (like banking) that WP8 has yet to port. Carrying around an iPod touch works for games (non connection ones) but doesn't solve all the other app problems because the iPod touch does not have a cellular connection (and in the US, there is not a 24/7 Wi-Fi connection).

While you are right iPod touch doesn't have cellular connection, it does have wifi. You can always tether / (share as wifi) your mobile connection from your wp8 device to your iDevice. So yes, you can use your bank apps or whatever app you need internet connection.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ehh... I have Temple Run 2 on my iPad and don't think it's nearly as good as the first. It's overly complicated for an endless running game. It's tougher, but not in a good way, because obstacles appear more suddenly. And the whole points accumulation mechanic is pretty strange. They seem to be pushing harder to spend actual money than they did with the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99