Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 121
Like Tree52Likes
  1. ImAdrian23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    COOL! It launches tonight on iPhone/iPad. We didn't even get the old Temple Run and they release this?


    I'm seriously pissed right now. Everyone will play Temple Run 2 and I will not even have the old one. Next time I buy a phone it will be an iPhone, unless our market will gain ATTENTION. Screw you Microsft, liars.
  2. MacDaMachine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    287 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Aww everyone will be playing temple run 2 except you lol.

    Its ok.
  3. ImAdrian23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaMachine View Post
    Aww everyone will be playing temple run 2 except you lol.

    Its ok.
    Do you really think the problem is that I won't be playing Temple Run 2, or is that new-comers won't have the chance to get hot apps? I thought MS was getting 43 or 46 out of 50 the hottest apps.
    I'm just pissed because they lied about all new games coming.
    Jimmy Cooper likes this.
  4. MacDaMachine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    287 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    I think your problem is that you want to have and play what everyone else has. Because if we got some hot new games from no name devs you still be crying about Temple Run 2.
  5. ImAdrian23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaMachine View Post
    I think your problem is that you want to have and play what everyone else has. Because if we got some hot new games from no name devs you still be crying about Temple Run 2.
    Kind of true. But trust me... I've shown my apps (like the most played and great looking ones) and they said "Oh wow is that available on my phone too?" But they still tell me I should have Temple Run. I only want Temple Run 1/2. I never asked for Subway Surfers or Angry Birds or anything else. This is the best endless fun game.
    BTW I'm also trying to convert as many people to switch over WPs over Androids and so far I've got 3 (one sold his Lumia 900 because it was broken though) and soon another one will jump over. Believe me or not we're teens and they spread the word out.
    Thus said, I'm not really whining about it, but it should come since it would be a HUGE selling point...
    Ask any iPhone users if they have Temple Run installed and for sure 8/10 would say YES.
  6. uselessrobot's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    549 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    It comes down to simple economics. Developers will go where the money is, and currently that's iOS and to a lesser extent Android. That's why Temple Run 2 is appearing on iPhones first and will probably see an Android release 6 months from now.

    I agree that Microsoft could have done more, but at this point the only way things are going to change is for Windows Phone market share to rise significantly.
  7. danbbrantley's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Sadly the Verge is reporting that Android will get it next week.

    'Temple Run 2' coming to Android next week, iOS download available now | The Verge
  8. RyanR47's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    I gave up complaining about lack of Apps on windows phone and bought myself an iPod touch 5th Gen. Finally found peace. Facebook poke app and Facebook VOIP feature just made my day. (Very heavy Facebook user)
  9. ImAdrian23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by danbbrantley View Post
    Sadly the Verge is reporting that Android will get it next week.

    'Temple Run 2' coming to Android next week, iOS download available now | The Verge
    They can make Temple Run 2 run of all Androids versions/resolutions but they cannot make one for WP? I'm more than sure 50% of WP community would get the app in the first week.
  10. Metrosity's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Thing is, they've built Temple Run 2 using Unity which is why there's a fast turn around for Android so since WP8 supports Unity....
  11. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    I don't think Unity has rolled out their WP8 compatability yet.
    Last edited by Winning Guy; 01-17-2013 at 08:52 PM.
  12. ImAdrian23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrosity View Post
    Thing is, they've built Temple Run 2 using Unity which is why there's a fast turn around for Android so since WP8 supports Unity....
    Yeah, I knew that but at least they could've said they are working on a Temple Run 2 version for WP... Even if it'd be months away I'd give me more faith that I currently lack of...
  13. zilab's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Guys, if you want Temple Run2, or (any apps that are usually iOS only), so much why don't you just buy an iPod touch?
    Apple - iPod touch

    relatively cheap.

    Plus you get all your missing apps you miss in your windows phone. This way you will get the best of 2 worlds. I know people like to argue, they don't like multiple devices, but seriously? Its thinner and lighter than iPhone 5 (which is the thinnest iPhone yet). Plus it has the same screen as the iPhone 5, 4" Retina display. Same battery life, weight is just 88 grams!, that's so light.

    the benefits really outweighs of having this 2nd device for your consumption.
  14. X0LARIUM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,748 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaMachine View Post
    I think your problem is that you want to have and play what everyone else has.
    What's wrong with that?

    Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.
    Paul Acevedo likes this.
  15. ImAdrian23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by zilab View Post
    Guys, if you want Temple Run2, or (any apps that are usually iOS only), so much why don't you just buy an iPod touch?
    Apple - iPod touch

    relatively cheap.

    Plus you get all your missing apps you miss in your windows phone. This way you will get the best of 2 worlds. I know people like to argue, they don't like multiple devices, but seriously? Its thinner and lighter than iPhone 5 (which is the thinnest iPhone yet). Plus it has the same screen as the iPhone 5, 4" Retina display. Same battery life, weight is just 88 grams!, that's so light.

    the benefits really outweighs of having this 2nd device for your consumption.
    So... what will I be using my 8X for? Making calls?
    LeLee092 and Gambit11B like this.
  16. david90531's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    I commented on that YouTube video and got the developer team's attention kind of.. so if everyone here would LIKE my comment to put it at the top or comment on it too demanding it perhaps can show that they need to push out their games for WP faster
    WPCentral unite!
    pvandam likes this.
  17. ImAdrian23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    I commented on that YouTube video and got the developer team's attention kind of.. so if everyone here would LIKE my comment to put it at the top or comment on it too demanding it perhaps can show that they need to push out their games for WP faster
    WPCentral unite!
    Thumbed you up. I also tried many times to get their attention and they said "Windows Portable?", because they didn't know what WP meant... Oh my God!
  18. zilab's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    @ImAdrian23 you'll use it like how you use a smart phone, and that on things lacking in wp8 like bank app or temple run for example, it basically fills the hole that windows phone 8 has. Also even if you have 8x, you still don't have temple run, which is the whole point of this thread.
  19. sueha's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Society makes a phone purchase dependent on silly games like that? Come on, it looks incredibly stupid. I am shocked that we are even discussing this.
  20. ImAdrian23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by sueha View Post
    Society makes a phone purchase dependent on silly games like that? Come on, it looks incredibly stupid. I am shocked that we are even discussing this.
    I'm not going to buy an iPhone just because it has Temple Run2. However I'm frustrated that they've released Temple Run 2 on iOS and soon on Android as well, while we don't EVEN HAVE the old Temple Run.
  21. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,777 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Just waiting for someone to start crying about instagram again...
  22. sueha's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAdrian23 View Post
    I'm not going to buy an iPhone just because it has Temple Run2. However I'm frustrated that they've released Temple Run 2 on iOS and soon on Android as well, while we don't EVEN HAVE the old Temple Run.
    Why should they waste resources porting Temple Run 1 (a 1,5-year-old game) to a new OS when there is a newer version in the works? You should be a bit more patient with WP8...
    ryker002 likes this.
  23. zilab's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    like I said, if you really must have it, instead of switching completely to iOS why not buy an iPod touch, just to fill the hole wp8 is lacking.

    Works for me, I don't mind carrying an additonal iDevice. and use my HTC 8x as my daily driver.
  24. aggie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,016 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by zilab View Post
    like I said, if you really must have it, instead of switching completely to iOS why not buy an iPod touch, just to fill the hole wp8 is lacking.

    Works for me, I don't mind carrying an additonal iDevice. and use my HTC 8x as my daily driver.
    This is exactly what I do. Ive only had my L920 for a week now but I really love WP8. Obviously there are some things that need to be refined and the app ecosystem is still in need of a tremendous boost but as long as Microsoft stays behind the platform and gives it the attention that it needs then I'm certain that the holes in the platform will be filled over time. I don't think it will ever reach the level of market share that iOS and Android hold but if they can hover somewhere between 10-20% they should be able to stay in a comfortable 3rd position and attract some of the bigger developers. Until then I will carry around my iPod Touch 5 and keep my Note 2 handy for when I need it.
    zilab and LeLee092 like this.
  25. ImAdrian23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    269 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sueha View Post
    Why should they waste resources porting Temple Run 1 (a 1,5-year-old game) to a new OS when there is a newer version in the works? You should be a bit more patient with WP8...
    I'd be damned if they'd release their TR 2. Maybe that was the reason they didn't even release Temple Run 1? Who knows... I just want a date, a real one.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Okay, where is my temple run?
    By iPwnza in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 07:11 AM
  2. Temple Run type game?
    By 3DPiper in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 01:19 AM
  3. Temple Run / Angry Birds Space
    By TheVillagePrince in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 10:56 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. Temple Run
    By iAdrian23 in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions