Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thanks for letting me know there was an update. My phone seems very poor at knowing when an update is available for apps!

Thanks for the news. I really love the update. It has a lot of new features.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Milne View Post
    Thanks for letting me know there was an update. My phone seems very poor at knowing when an update is available for apps!
    Is there any solution to this? Myn is the same, drives me nuts!

Oddly mine did let me know this time about the update, it hasn't for previous updates.

Dint know why unfortunately.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Mine always lets me know about updates for SNES8x but for some reason it misses other apps. Luckily WPCentral helps keep my apps up to date :)

I love SNES8x, it's great. I would pay for it! I want to contact the dev and see if he/she has any plans to develope a GBA emulator, that would be awesome. Purple Cherry seems nice but it's only GBC and it has problems with sound.
    Yeah, I'd love to get a GBA emulator to play Fire Emblem on my phone. Maybe I'll check out the GBC emulator at some point. I installed this one, but not really a big SNES person anymore.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to get a GBA emulator to play Fire Emblem on my phone. Maybe I'll check out the GBC emulator at some point. I installed this one, but not really a big SNES person anymore.
    I'm exactly the same. Snes8x is fantastic at what it does, can't give enough praise to the developer. But I can't express how much I'd love a GBA emulator. Does anyone know of one being worked on? With a GBA and Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) emulator I would be an incredibly happy man.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Got another small update for SNES8x! Fixes a small bug and let's you get ROMs from your email (or something like that).
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ChazTyldsley View Post
    I'm exactly the same. Snes8x is fantastic at what it does, can't give enough praise to the developer. But I can't express how much I'd love a GBA emulator. Does anyone know of one being worked on? With a GBA and Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) emulator I would be an incredibly happy man.
    I get the feeling the GBC emulator purple cherry is working on adding GBA emulation functionality to its app. The app used to be called Wario's Jewels and you can see their facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/WarioJewels7.

Looks like they have been doing some testing with GBA games on there.
    Thanked by:

Another update for snes8x. Fixes the odd music skipping in games like donkey kong. Sounds great now.

Best app on wp with all the updates we get, its great.

Global Posts
    8,086 Global Posts
    There's a GBA app out for WinRT now, called VBA8. I suspect that it'll show up for WP8 soon as well.

Now if we could get an Xbox or PlayStation 1 or 2 emulator. Mmmm that would be super lihdzvoihbdafvohhbadfovbdaflvbhlkfdvjlinsrtuliutdntklmmvn lol. For surface Rt for those though.
    Not happening, I'd bet. Those are a whole different monster. I TRIED getting a PS2 emulator for Kingdom Hearts once, and I had troubles both finding decent ROMs and getting the thing to work. It requires mounting and such that I'm sure no one wants to put up with when you're talking about a commonplace consumer base here. I could have probably learned it, but since finding a well-rated ROM was nigh-impossible anyway, I just gave up.

I have an emulator on my desktop that runs really well. I don't see why they can't make one for arm win Rt. My desktop isn't even that advanced, I mean it runs a triple core with 4gb ram. Everything I wanted to do on it I've been able to. Only thing I've tried to on it that has been super slow is Sony vegas. But I'm assuming that's cause the amount of ram I have. So knowing that I know this has 2gb ram but I still think its possible for other emulators and I've no problem so far on my roms.

Does anyone know if the developer, Mk, has a website or contact? Be nice to know if there is a plan to port VBA8 to Windows phone 8.

Nice couple of updates recently. We got analog :D happy days...love this app.

Quote Originally Posted by Moolelo View Post
    Does anyone know if the developer, Mk, has a website or contact? Be nice to know if there is a plan to port VBA8 to Windows phone 8.
    There is VBA8 on WP8 already, i know because i have it ;)

Has anybody tried running Final Fantasy III and Crono Trigger on a Lumia 820?
    It doesn't work on my phone. Other games for example Final Fantasy II work fine.
    I downloaded all roms from coolroms.
    Those are just my favorite games

Is there support for the Moga controllers?
    James
    Nokia Lumia 928

Can a nice informed person tell me if it is a limitation of the Snes8x software that it only allows you to get roms off Skydrive or is it a limitation of Windows Phone 8 OS? I'd much rather store all my roms that I own on my SD card so I can install them when I am travelling and don't have internet. I don't have the space to install them on to my phone's memory (Huawei Ascend W1 owner with only 700mb left), so if I could store them on the SD card then install them as needed without going online then this app would be near perfect.

Also it would be great if this app supported controllers like the Windows 8 version does I think as I have mini bluetooth controllers perfect for this. Is it being removed from the store for a day a sign that m.k. has stopped supporting/updating it? I sure hope not.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Anyone tried this on the Thinkpad 8? The + sign from which I can add another Rom directory is outside my screen so I can't reach it. Also, I can't enter any of the settings. It just "cancels" the settings pane as soon as I tap for example Audio.

Edit: Sorry, was looking for the Win 8 version =)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12