The Dark Knight Rises now availible

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The Dark Knight Rises | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

To avoid the storage issue just download it from the link above. Will post impressions when download is complete.

Anyone think the screenshots on the store website should be rotated? Even the URL has the option in the path you click on... seems someone is missing something here.

http://cdn.marketplaceimages.window...e0fc?imageType=ws_screenshot_large&rotation=0

http://cdn.marketplaceimages.window...0fc?imageType=ws_screenshot_large&rotation=90

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The screenshots look pretty good. I'm curious to read how this game runs considering Spiderman had framerate issues and didn't look quite as good as this.

gallio

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Man, it does run super laggy. I'm disappointed, and I can't recommend it at $7 when it runs at 15-20fps. Hopefully this will be improved.

I watched videos of the game on iOS and it ran smooth.

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i really do wish it ran at atleast 30 fps steady and locked. Maybe the occasional hiccup, but as of now it feels like im playing n64 and ill eventually get a headache. A bummer for sure because it would be so badass to have a full fledged game like this run right. I guess its just to soon.

Lorienn

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have just recently seen this on Note2. On my Lumia 920 its not even close.... low FPS, occasional lags and it seems WP version lacks some visual effects... So 'no no' imo :(

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have just recently seen this on Note2. On my Lumia 920 its not even close.... low FPS, occasional lags and it seems WP version lacks some visual effects... So 'no no' imo :(

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you mean that it looks and runs worse on the Lumia 920 or that it's just as bad on the Note 2?

The GPU in the Galaxy Note 2 is barely on par with the Lumia 920's. So if it runs better on that device it's mainly because Gameloft has done a crap job of optimization for Windows Phone. That isn't really surprising at all and the chances of seeing improvements with updates is slim, given their track record.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So are all Gameloft games with 3d graphics going to have horrible frame rates?

Asphalt 7 is pretty good. I've experienced better framerate on the HTC One S, although it isn't as consistent as the Lumia 920 and doesn't look as good. From videos I've seen of the game on the Blackberry Z10 it runs better there too. But on both of those devices load times are much longer than on the Lumia, slow to the point of annoyance. Note that those two phones both run the same CPU/GPU as the Lumia 920.

I tried The Dark Knight yesterday and it's crap. The framerate is so bad during fights that it's practically unplayable. Judging by videos framerates don't seem much better on other devices, but at least they're reasonably consistent throughout.

I attribute this to minimal investment in development and poor quality control, not limitations in the hardware. This is the result of being at the end of the porting chain where everything gets outsourced. There are extensive complaints about poor frame rate on Android. The iOS verison offers the best performance, but even there it's less than ideal. And there are a ton of other issues to, it hasn't garnered the best of reviews.

It would be nice to have options other than Gameloft for top tier 3D games.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree, we need more developers on the bandwagon still. However, the hiccups on Asphalt 7 are very minimal, maybe once every dozen races, at least when talking about noticeable FPS drops. They just need to optimize it to not DESTROY battery life, because it seems to drop it to 2-3 hours if you're playing it a lot (like I was last night).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786