Which Xbox titles do you want?

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting so long for order and chaos to be released on windows phone platform by gameloft. I've been playing it for a year on my android tablet. Do any of you have a clue on when it will be released? sure it will be an Xbox title.

Say in you comments which Xbox titles do you need on windows phone?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking about which known-to-come titles we want, which titles from Microsoft we HOPE get Windows Phone installments, or which indie games we want to become Xbox-branded?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I would mostly say I want a Forza game. I don't know that I would enjoy an FPS on my phone, so while getting Halo might be huge for publicity, I am unsure that it would be a title I would have interest in playing long-term. Getting a quality golf title (not Tiger Woods) might interest me as well. I'm more into the games that AREN'T console-quality titles. I liked Asphalt 7 a lot, but it was frustrating to deal with on a phone. If they're going to make this a true gaming platform, then they NEED to get an official, Xbox-branded controller. IMO, it should be a Bluetooth controller with an adjustable mount, so it functions like Project Shield.

As for other games, just work on getting GameLoft's stuff out soon (not sure how much help Microsoft can offer) and make the publishing/Xbox certification processes much better. They're going to be more-dependent on third-party developers for a while, because they're simply not capable of pumping out their own IP onto the platform.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
To be totally honest, I couldn't care less about the big name stuff. For all the production values they're the ones who care least about the gamer.

I've got a friend in the game industry who gave me some massively disappointing insight into dealing with Microsoft. The gist of it is that they're driving away top tier indie developers, from Xbox Live and by default Windows Phone. Some of it we've already heard; their approval process sucks. They're not communicative, they dictate terms on release dates, pricing, promotion and cross platform development. Outrageously, they release sales reports on a quarterly basis, so my friend won't even know how well his company's game is selling until the early summer.

It's a near universal theme that indie developers are planning on abandoning Xbox Live. So in my friend's case, while they're starting work on an iOS port there's no way in **** they'll even consider Windows Phone. And so a lot of devs are sticking with iOS. The interesting with Android is that people develop for the OS because it's easy, but don't actually expect to make any money.

If this trend continues it means that it's going to be primarily big players and total amateurs releasing for Windows Phone. And all the big players are going to bring are outsourced and half-assed ports. The few indie devs who take the plunge will be overshadows by the big names.

Hopefully, things change, but I have to say this news was quite disappointing.

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit, I would really like to get the exact XBLA version of Minecraft with the ability to load the same xbox 360 worlds from skydrive. I don't want an IOS port of Minecraft, but the current version of Minecraft on Xbox 360.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
A few I would like to see:

Dead Space
Another Assassins Creed
A Defiance tie in
Total War: Battles (On iOS & andriod)
Red Alert (On iOS & andriod)
Bitmap Brothers - Z (On iOS & andriod)

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
To be totally honest, I couldn't care less about the big name stuff. For all the production values they're the ones who care least about the gamer.

I've got a friend in the game industry who gave me some massively disappointing insight into dealing with Microsoft. The gist of it is that they're driving away top tier indie developers, from Xbox Live and by default Windows Phone. Some of it we've already heard; their approval process sucks. They're not communicative, they dictate terms on release dates, pricing, promotion and cross platform development. Outrageously, they release sales reports on a quarterly basis, so my friend won't even know how well his company's game is selling until the early summer.

It's a near universal theme that indie developers are planning on abandoning Xbox Live. So in my friend's case, while they're starting work on an iOS port there's no way in **** they'll even consider Windows Phone. And so a lot of devs are sticking with iOS. The interesting with Android is that people develop for the OS because it's easy, but don't actually expect to make any money.

If this trend continues it means that it's going to be primarily big players and total amateurs releasing for Windows Phone. And all the big players are going to bring are outsourced and half-assed ports. The few indie devs who take the plunge will be overshadows by the big names.

Hopefully, things change, but I have to say this news was quite disappointing.

I might have believed this if devs could only publish games on windows phone as Xbox live titles.

If they are really that bothered about how Microsoft treats live enabled games then don't bother making it live.

you also have to remember that both ios and Android only have indie games, they don't have a next tier up like we do with Xbox live.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes