NBA JAM - Xbox Live - Nokia

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd get it but its 2.99 and its .99 on other phones. So no thank you, I wouldn't play it that much(especially since its not the old school one I grew up with hah)

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It is an arcade game. I appreciate people wanting updated rosters but does it really affect the gameplay?

I think it is a fun game and bought it after playing the trial.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Here's our NBA Jam Achievement Guide! Please use it and let us know if it helps in the article's comments.

I wish they had chosen a cartoony look over this stupid realistic aesthetic but with awkward giant heads.

Jam looks pretty much the same as it has always looked...

I'd get it but its 2.99 and its .99 on other phones. So no thank you, I wouldn't play it that much(especially since its not the old school one I grew up with hah)

All Nokia exclusive Xbox WP games except for Real Racing 2 have a $2-3 markup over the iOS versions. This is presumably to make up for the smaller addressable audience that WP has compared to iOS and Android. If you actually want a game, $2 more is not a big deal.

This version may not be an emulation of the actual nineties arcade game, but it does look just about the same and play almost identically. There's no way someone would like the original and not like the 2010 version. And given that it's a phone game and not an arcade machine or console, I find it very impressive that just about everything that makes Jam great made it to Windows Phone.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded and have been playing it...and I love it! It's lots of fun, super smooth, and graphics are basically slightly upgraded graphics from the original SNES games (I wouldn't have it any other way -- don't want the realism of NBA Live here). UI and controls are also good and easy to get used to.

Oh, and I missed not catching fire for the last 10 or 15 years.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone ever gotten multiplayer to work? I know Paul wrote in his review that it took 15 times for him to get a game going. I tried several times with my brother (both using Nokia Lumias on Verizon, connected to the same WiFi network, sitting next to each other). We tried 30 times over two days and it could never work. One would create a game and the other would try to join it but it would never find the game. Very disappointing. Nevermind that it should not be limited to 'local' WiFi. EA games should be more polished than this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes