Do you ever pay for games?

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I pay for games if I like them. I already bought Final Fantasy III, GTA: San Andreas, Where's my Perry? And in app purchases numerous of times on Minion Rush. If the game is good I don't mind the price.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I have bought and still play

Halo SA $7.50
Civilization Revolution $3.50
Chess $2.50

Waiting for and willing to pay for a decent 1942/Raiden game and C&Conquer style game that actually looks decent.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's my view on this:

If a game is really great, I'll pay money for it. In conclusion this means that If I can't actually try the game, I am not going to download/buy it.

A game that's worth my money has to have:

-nice visuals
-good gameplay

so making another endless runner or angry birds like game will most likely disqualify you from being purchased, be unique.

noteable games I purchased in the past:
Xbox Live
- Tentacles
- Asphalt 7 (superior to 8 because it does not require IAP to be enjoyable)
- FC Rocket
- Geo Defense & Geo Defense Swarm
- Project Sunburst (Sadly defunct)

Indie Games:
- Infinite Flight
- Pixel Shaper
- Steam Birds

Also, if it's a casual game I am willing to pay less, "proper" games are worth more to me (allthough not $13 for a remake like Final Fantasy III)

Having said that, I am also ok with ad supported games, especially if they're casual games. The only thing I ask is for the ads to be non intrusive. They shouldn't hinder gameplay in any way (by using screen estate or pausing gameplay), they can be in loading screens and menus.

Akarsh Jain

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
yup. I have buyied lots of game for my lumia 720.

Asphalt 7
Asphalt 8
Rayman jungle Run.
Manuganu.
Mirror's Edge.
Assassin's Creed.
Fruit Ninja.

The only disadvantage in NL720 is it has 512mb ram.. :(

Thigis23

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes,

usually not more than a couple of euros, unless it is a 'big' game e.g. mirrors edge, asphalt 8, chaos rings, mass effect, etc.
never if there is no free trial.

more likely if the game is discounted, almost regardless of the degree of discount or the actual price. just like the feeling of getting a good deal :)

so... if the game is good add a trial and put it on discount regularly to pull in suckers like myself ;)

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I pay for games if I like them, but, I will rarely buy one without a trial. Also, if the game has any sort of saved data it must be saved or at least have an option to back it up off the device for me to even consider it anymore.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I like to pay (a few dollars maximum) to those who have done good work, to encourage them to keep doing good work. They certainly have choices and will focus their efforts where they make the most sense (cents).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the game....Sure paid $5 for halo and about $3 per app normally with some acceptations here and there. So yea, if I see something I want, and I have the money or MS credit (always getting this for some reason) I buy...

Normally, I will buy if they support Xbox Live, if not, I might not buy it... #SaveXboxWP

I have around 40 games I have paid for, never mind a few Apps here an there....So, yes, I do buy...

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I gladly paid for the apps I needed also for the games I found well coded and developed. I count a few Weather Flow, MoliPlayer, Contre Jour, Strata and Angry Birds - the whole package for my niece.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
On phones I'm not a huge gamer as I like larger screens for my gameplay experiences. Gaming on phones to me is secondary and a nice bonus when I want to kill some time. I DO however have no problem paying for a quality, fun game. I'm not a fan of IAP/Freemium style gaming in general, and the same goes for mobile phones. Unfortunately that's the world we're in right now so I deal with it, but rarely spend much if anything on IAP. What I would like to see more of with higher end titles is cloud syncing between phone and tablet/PC devices so I can purchase once (Would be willing to pay a little more for cross device gameplay) and play wherever I want. I know MS has some work still to do here on that front with regards to the store to make it fully viable, but that's my feeling on it. So in short, I don't spend a LOT on mobile phone games, but I do here and there if I really like the game. I want developers to make decent (not ludicrous) money on their work so they will continue to support the platform.

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I buy games that i like (skulls of shogun, nfs hot pusuit, halo sa, angry birds SW, fruit ninja, geodefence swarm etc). but i dont like in app purchases.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
For good quality games I will.definitely pay.I already paid for many games in wp

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6