Do you ever pay for games?

jargonz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased many Windows Phone games. But I buy only games that have Xbox Live integration. I want games that increase my Gamerscore. And I enjoy seeing my Xbox achievements long after I have uninstalled the game.

chendofs

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I do both pay and free games. I prefer to pay to avoid the ads, but if there is no pay version or if I am not sure about the game then I will try the free version.

littlegreenbob

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Its the dilemma every developer has. Months of hard work and the most they will ever get out of it is small change

I decided a long time ago that I won't charge for my games. The relationship is beneficial for me and my fans. They get a new game to play. I get a gamer base to enjoy my games. My goal at the moment is to share my game with as many people as possible and hopefully be noticed

If you're doing this to make enough money to retire you may be disappointed. But I really do hope you make it :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I simply have no interest in mobile games, so I don't use any mobile games, whether paid or free.

I spend my money on PC games, for which I use the Steam client.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I launched a free game today (PENKU)
in teh past i would of put it up at 69p / $1
but it seems that that is the sure way to get 10 downloads

even the big titles are all F2P (with the odd exception in the xbox live zone)

I hate in app currency/energy systems.

Though I'm thinking of adding in a different game mode that is a one time purchase to unlock.

do you every pay or do you only play for free.

its depressing that people think months of work is worth less than a candy bar.

its really hard to tell if a game will be worth it without some playtime.

an hour to play before buying it, would help. I habe minecraft and trials extreme, eveeything else are offline gps mapping apps. boring, but very useful

navaren

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I've bought a few games on Windows Phone. I would much rather pay a dollar or two and get the whole game than get it for free only to realize the game either a) pops up ads in my face every 30 seconds or b) is designed from the ground up to be so addictive that it makes people pull out their wallet to purchase $20 in game items.

Not every game is going to be worth it of course, and each person is going to have their own threshold for what qualifies. I'm a small time developer myself so perhaps I'm biased but if I see a game that really peeks my interests, I'll pull the trigger for a buck or two. Even if I can only get a few hours of entertainment out of the game, that's a very good value for the cost. The market is pretty saturated with clones of existing games, even on Windows Phone, and it's nice to support someone who makes something a little more original.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya I pay for games .nd play them nd give feedback I also have android but I play games only on wp.i pay for games that are worthwhile other games not even bothered to download.
From Windows phone

Laurence_Leong

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I try to purchase apps using my debit card... But there is an option to fill in "name on card" (something like that), but there is no name on my card

Can I just simply enter a name? Any risk of simply inserting a name?

Side note: If I select PayPal, the address is locked as U.S address

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea