Magic Realms and Lies of Asteroth - Collectible card games for Windows Phone!

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Magic Realms (AKA Elemental Kingdoms) and Lies of Asteroth are two very similar free to play card games. In fact, they use identical game engines but have completely different artwork and cards. If you like card games at all, you owe it to yourself to grab one or both on your Windows Phone. Magic Realms is my personal pick out of the two since it looks a lot nicer IMO.

Magic Realms Clan

We have an official WPCentral clan in Magic Realms. And we're looking for active players to join! You must have unlocked the Clan feature (level 18) and play PvP matches in the Arena daily. PvP points are how a clan increases rank and unlocks new rewards for its members. If that sounds good, hurry up and request to join WPCentral!

Members (not a complete list)

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Magic Realms and Lies of Asteroth - The best collectible card games for Windows Phone!

I'm playing Magic Realms daily. Mostly Arena matches. Awesome game. And I've joined the clean already. ;)

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Magic Realms and Lies of Asteroth - The best collectible card games for Windows Phone!

I played Lies when there was an article on WPC, I uninstalled it soon after. I think the reason was because I didn't like the "auto attack" feature (iirc), I felt a bit out of control. Anyway, I going to give Magic Realms a try and I can clarify what I like / dislike.

Edit: After playing Magic Realms I remember what I don't like about it: All I was seeming to do was throw out cards as they were drawn before hitting the attack button. Once all cards were on the field I could throw my phone down next to me and wait for the combat sounds to finish before picking it up again and finding I had won.
I also don't like how cards attack the card opposite them, instead of me choosing.
Not my cup of tea I'm afraid, but I hope others enjoy it :)

Last edited:

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Since AUTO & ATTACH buttons are kept near to each other, i sometimes click AUTO by mistake. :/
Btw, it's a cool game though; the graphic effects are awesome.

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site

We need more players, people!
Getting the hang of it. Unlocked the CLAN feature today, and sent a request for wpcentral.
Name's VECTRON :D

The game's artwork and the attack graphics are simply amazing.

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I see this tip while playing the game - "Prayers increase the hero's HP".
How to perform prayer in the game? or is linked to certain level and above?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Probably feature that's not yet available in the WP version of the game. Some game tips are utter nonsense though anyways.

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Probably feature that's not yet available in the WP version of the game. Some game tips are utter nonsense though anyways.
Maybe. But i still can't understand the rune concepts sometimes.

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Loving magic realms. Will try lies of asteroth.
If you already playing magic realms, chances are that you won't play lies of asteroth. Magic realms is like WP8, and lies of asteroth is like WP7. But, i still love the asteroth for bring the card game better to WP.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

We've had one spot open up in the clan and another is going to free up as well. I've had to boot a few people who joined but don't participate in Ranked matches. Remember, Ranked matches are how the clan grows and unlocks new cards for its members.

I see this tip while playing the game - "Prayers increase the hero's HP".
How to perform prayer in the game? or is linked to certain level and above?

That's just an ability that some cards have. Nothing important.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

Since WPCentral is always full, maybe you guys would be interested in joining my clan? Just made it today but there's not a whole lot there as of yet. The name of the clan is 'Icarus' and we'd be happy to have you if you can't squeeze in WPCentral. I'm very active.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

We're about a day away from leveling up the clan and creating two new spots. Be sure to apply if you're interested! Players whose ranks indicate they actually play PvP get preference, of course.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

@Paul Try and get z33dev33l on board. Cool guy, I remember him from my XDA days. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3