Alliances in Age of Empires Castle Siege!!!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well the only thing i can see is the sharing of replays and being on the leaderboard. Who knows what Microsoft will develop alliances in the future.

Considering you can build trade routes I would say that alliances would probably lead to trade between members as well as being able to call in reinforcements when your being attacked.

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have to say that I'm unimpressed with this game, simply because AOE2: The conquerors is so much better to play in my opinion. The new one looks like clash of clans, and I got attacked when I wasnt playing, which makes no sense

Soulforge

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have to say that I'm unimpressed with this game, simply because AOE2: The conquerors is so much better to play in my opinion. The new one looks like clash of clans, and I got attacked when I wasnt playing, which makes no sense

The only time you get attacked is when you are offline... you have no active control in the defense of your empire. You have to fortify your castle, with towers, patrol points, guard houses. The most important part of defense is coverage, i've seen plenty of box shape layouts which spreads your collective defense too thin. Go for a compact castle and you have better defense coverage.

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

Actually, that makes a LOT of sense to me... Just because you are "sleeping" doesn't mean you cannot be attacked

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind being attacked, but if your base gets demolished, the grace period should be more than 3 hours. I woke up yesterday morning and my base had been attacked 5 times. Sorry to bring up CoC, but you get 16 hours, which really helps in the beginning when you're trying to accumulate resources for upgrades.

Soulforge

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Well heres my castle so far...
aoe.jpg

I did purchase a 2500 gold coin pack, mainly to support the devs/microsoft, secondly to nuke down the upgrade times on the keep (The keep/age is level 5) and other defensive buildings. On hindsight i probably shouldnt have leveled the keep so fast, as i am encountering castles with higher level defenses than what my attack can deal with atm. I've had to cherry pick my attack targets, and i've had a few failed attacks so thats one fo the reasons my crown score isn't that great compared to lower age players. Currently only been attacked 4 times, first was a wipeout, the other 3 i sucessfully defended with the pictured layout.

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well heres my castle so far...
View attachment 81531

I did purchase a 2500 gold coin pack, mainly to support the devs/microsoft, secondly to nuke down the upgrade times on the keep (The keep/age is level 5) and other defensive buildings. On hindsight i probably shouldnt have leveled the keep so fast, as i am encountering castles with higher level defenses than what my attack can deal with atm. I've had to cherry pick my attack targets, and i've had a few failed attacks so thats one fo the reasons my crown score isn't that great compared to lower age players. Currently only been attacked 4 times, first was a wipeout, the other 3 i sucessfully defended with the pictured layout.

I did the same thing in CoC. Now I have a level 10 town hall with a level 6 base ;) I'm trying to avoid that now. The best bet is to upgrade everything possible, then move to the next level Keep.

Soulforge

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing in CoC. Now I have a level 10 town hall with a level 6 base ;) I'm trying to avoid that now. The best bet is to upgrade everything possible, then move to the next level Keep.

Its all sorted now, pummeling everyone i attack :D I can't stress enough the importance of Ladder Invaders and Crossbowmen when attacking, they nuke down the Towers and Catapult Emplacements like they were nothing. Watching replays of other peoples fights, noticing that alot of people use the Spearmen which baffles me as they aren't very effective at the start when there is no calvary to attack. Whats you're gamertag and which alliance are you in?

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a alliance now, Wpcentral (I think it's generic). What do I do with that?

Also, whats yours strategy? I've upgraded to level 3 and now I'm upgrading all my stuff. Also, I'm basically doing this:

Build arms and raid other players for supplies, so I can develope my stuff. Since I was attacked two this tonight while I was sleeping, I've surrounded my silos, wood storage and castle inside walls. What do you guys think?

jogo.jpg

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Its all sorted now, pummeling everyone i attack :D I can't stress enough the importance of Ladder Invaders and Crossbowmen when attacking, they nuke down the Towers and Catapult Emplacements like they were nothing. Watching replays of other peoples fights, noticing that alot of people use the Spearmen which baffles me as they aren't very effective at the start when there is no calvary to attack. Whats you're gamertag and which alliance are you in?

My gamertag is jmerrey. I haven't joined an alliance yet. I'm not sure how involved I want to get in this game, as I've spent alot of time in CoC. Actually, I think I've only attacked once in AoE, just to see what it's like. I've been building up my base mainly.

Soulforge

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a alliance now, Wpcentral (I think it's generic). What do I do with that?

Also, whats yours strategy? I've upgraded to level 3 and now I'm upgrading all my stuff. Also, I'm basically doing this:

Build arms and raid other players for supplies, so I can develope my stuff. Since I was attacked two this tonight while I was sleeping, I've surrounded my silos, wood storage and castle inside walls. What do you guys think?

The shape of your base spreads your towers offense too thin. Try this, it should give you better coverage.
plan.jpg

Black = Base, Brown = Wall, Red = Towers, Yellow = Silo/Lumberyard, Blue = Cathedral/university, Orange = Farm/Mill, White = Barracks/Arxhery/Seige
Pink = Patrol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb