(GDR3 INFO YOU NEED) So who is updating to GDR3 when available later today?

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Woke up and read the story and updated immediately. It's minor but the custom SMS tones are something I've wanted and that alone was worth it. Closing apps makes it even better.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
FYI...for ref for anyone having issues/questions with newly installed GDR3 Dev Preview....another source of answers/discussion might be found at the 'Windows Developer's Network'...now with a new forum dedicated to the GDR3 and monitored by MSFT staffers.
MSDN forums

Hadn't seen this mentioned and thought it might supplement the info in this forum/thread

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
since we cannot downgrade, does this mean when it is fully released that we will just update as normal?? that's the only thing that is putting me off right now,

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Had this updated without my knowledge, I may have never known. Bring on Bittersweet Shimmer!

Well, I would have noticed the ability to force close apps, but... Minor update is minor.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The WPCentral article states that this will void your device warranty.
The first post on the thread states that this will most likely void your warranty until the official update hits your phone.

Any confirmation, clarification, etc. on this? If it voids my warranty (which I don't even know what it is) completely, then I don't want to do this since the phone is pretty new. If it's only for the next month or so, then I'll jump on board.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I just wish they add some more features to driving mode. Like the ability to manually turn it on by a button or to turn on between a predefined time period. Then i can use this as a dedicated college mode ;) Would be awesome to be able to send automatic replies to calls and messages during class without getting disturbed.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The first post on the thread states that this will most likely void your warranty until the official update hits your phone.

Any confirmation, clarification, etc. on this? If it voids my warranty (which I don't even know what it is) completely, then I don't want to do this since the phone is pretty new. If it's only for the next month or so, then I'll jump on board.

I don't know how ATT would know if you bricked your phone completely. If you had to return it for warranty, a minor issue, its tough to say if ATT would look into the software version. There's a good chance they wouldn't,but if your are really worried, its best to hold off.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with the me tile? for some reason it keeps on reverting back to a old Facebook profile pic which i used a couple of months ago. I changed it by uploading a new pic via me tile but after couple of minutes it reverted back to the same pic. As if phone is in love with that pic. :p

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble with the me tile? for some reason it keeps on reverting back to a old Facebook profile pic which i used a couple of months ago. I changed it by uploading a new pic via me tile but after couple of minutes it reverted back to the same pic. As if phone is in love with that pic. :p
seconded now it changes to last but one pic( date wise) on my phone

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I updated but, disapointed that we cant get the 6 small times on my 928.... Otherwise it's a minor update with some new features that 1/2 of them I wont even use.....

The install took about 25 min, have noticed no bugs so far, it seem to run smooth as before...

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site

If you had to send your phone in, more than likely they would not know/check the software version you had on there.

Honestly, I've sent (windows) phones in for warranty with custom roms flashed and had no problems with getting the problem fixed.

Plus, I think if you were to use the Nokia Care Suite you could reflash your phone to the latest released OS. (haven't tried it yet). I'll try it on my 520 tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss