Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

okay here are some of the features found in the latest update continue on updating to create a knowledge base
    1. speed dial via long press win key:was on gdr2 they say but i did not know
    2. music improvements include :not sluggish while changing tracks
    3. screen rotation:pretty basic ....bing could have rotated for a better view of the wallpaper ..oh well
    4. better storage managemnet : altough the delete does not seem to work
    5. email attachments:email attachments might not be quite there yet ...office hub lets you send documents now but no pdfs at the moment
    6. save location periodically :practically useless for many of us
    7. force close apps: the most important feature
    8.driving mode: use bluetooth devices to automatically send text and prevent yourself from getting distracted while driving
    9:bluetooth: compatibility improvements(better compatibility my vw polo sounds better now)
    10:custom tones: contact specific message tones and more custom tone support
    11. keyboard automatically changes once you select a emotion
    and many more other than the obvious stability, hardware support and updates mentioned on this site
    most of the features are new or more like newish
    EDIT:some features might vary, like restrict backgound data is present in cellular for some of us and fot the rest in data sense ...phone specific maybe?
    all in all not a major overhaul but just enough to leave you wanting more (edited to please the moderator )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20131014_0001.png   wp_ss_20131014_0002.png   wp_ss_20131014_0003.png   wp_ss_20131014_0004.png   wp_ss_20131014_0005.png  

wp_ss_20131014_0006.png   wp_ss_20131014_0007.png   wp_ss_20131014_0008.png  
    Last edited by abhishake620; 10-15-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Jazmac likes this.
    One thing id like to add is about IE. There was a problem where IE wouldn't render some pages correctly. relative to screen size and menu sizes. For ex. on HTC.com, if you tried to email them, ie wouldn't fully show the "complete" email column. Now IE knows better. This was also discussed on Paul thurrotts site.

strange..i didnt get the find my phone extra feature ..

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Thanks for the thread
    how do you get the Speed dial function to work?
    benrp likes this.

Nice compilation! How do you get to the speed dial feature?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Feel like we have one too many storage management settings now.

Quote Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
    how do you get the Speed dial function to work?
    settings->ease of access ->turn on speech for accessibility
    then hit windows followed by long press to bring up future cortana(maybe) say speed dial followed by position and then tell the number ....cant add contacts directly ,have to tell out the number
    1,2 and 6 aren't anything new to GDR3. I still don't see custom tones or multiple attachments in an email!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    1,2 and 6 aren't anything new to GDR3. I still don't see custom tones or multiple attachments in an email!
    Custom tones: Dl nokias ringtone maker, it's the same system like a ringtone you know.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    on my lumia 620 it was getting stuck even on gdr2(music thingy) ...speed dial was there before? not sure...if it was there earlier then my bad,but hey many did not know including me...
    Quote Originally Posted by vinxent10 View Post
    Custom tones: Dl nokias ringtone maker, it's the same system like a ringtone you know.
    So it isn't anything fancy as "feature" but the restriction is gone. That's helpful. Now trying to figure out multiple attachments. It shouldn't be this hard you know!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by abhishake620 View Post
    5. email attachments
    what about email attachments ? You still can't attach documents to an email without going to the Office hub.

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Bluetooth streaming to my car's Chevy MyLink working MUCH better. No more random skipping and changing tracks is faster. I haven't tried the voice stuff yet, I might after work.

Also, it hasn't forgotten my 'now playing' randomly yet when paused. Still have my fingers crossed for this though, I hope it doesn't happen.
    berty6294 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by androidtoWM View Post
    what about email attachments ? You still can't attach documents to an email without going to the Office hub.
    make good with that till microsoft enables inter app communication at least for its own apps....
    exactly. this is why people don't use WP for business. the lack of this feature is comical... especially from MS... after 3 years you still can't reply to an email and add an office or pdf attachment...
    steve_w_7, ktl88 and N_LaRUE like this.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    How to attach pdf, since I use adobe...

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Did u get how to attach pdf files ?
    Developer

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Dunno if it's new but you can now have a medium sized tile in the middle rather than left or right.
    Thanked by:
    teo155 

That Is sooo old-_-
    Lumia 925-dev unlocked, GDR3 + BLACK
    Lumia 820- dev unlocked GDR3 + BLACK

Please take a moment to like my Facebook page
    facebook.com/nokia4ever
    Developer

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    There are options under settings -> cellular to disable or enable background tasks datat access now.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoBaggins View Post
    There are options under settings -> cellular to disable or enable background tasks datat access now.
    screen shot ...as mine does not have it ..if you are refering to the text underneath on/off cellular data its just to let you know that apps will use background data on cellular network

Quote Originally Posted by abhishake620 View Post
    screen shot ...as mine does not have it ..if you are refering to the text underneath on/off cellular data its just to let you know that apps will use background data on cellular network
    Mine also has this new setting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20131014_0001.png  

Those options don't show up in cellular for me, but it shows up in data sense..

close other app option in multi tasking window with detailed info of each window...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast