Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: PS4 VS XBOX ONE CHOOSE SIDES

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS4

    9 17.65%
  • XBOX ONE

    42 82.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60
Like Tree26Likes
  1. BIGPADDY's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10,281 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Hi All

    Well we might as well have some fun, so who are you supporting pick your side and let the CONSOLE WARS BEGIN!!!
  2. enthuz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Why pick sides? Just get both.

    Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    TechFreak1 and tissotti like this.
  3. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by enthuz View Post
    Why pick sides? Just get both.

    Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
  4. sinime's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,210 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,646 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    The One FTW!
  5. WhippedKream's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    326 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    I've been a Sony boy since forever because of their amazing rpgs that they've had and the experience is really something I can't seem to detach myself from. I know, Xbox ONE will get it as well, but I just can't let go. Too many childhood memories attached with the brand Sony that does it justice. They are continuing to do so and I am by their side :P. I love WP8 though if that makes people less angry? Hahaha
    Dazzi likes this.
  6. xandros9's Avatar

    Posts
    14,702 Posts
    Global Posts
    15,800 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    I'm neutral because I really like both.

    Guess I'm saving money.
  7. JoeDizzle33's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    I've been with Sony since the time i traded my Sega genesis and a bunch of games in for the Playstation. With that said, this time around I'm going with Xbox one. If Sony had included the eye with the PS4 then I probably would've stayed with them. The Kinect has a lot of potential and with it being sold with every Xbox one, game developers will be more inclined to use it for their games. I think Sony made a mistake by not incorporating the eye this time. I may eventually get a PS4 down the line maybe a year or two after its release for some of the exclusives but for now I'm with Xbox this time.
    The Hustleman likes this.
  8. jonathan sink's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    I'm going to get both. Probably ps4 first just because I'm a little tired of Xbox been nonstop Xbox since halo. I need a change lol!

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
  9. enthuz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan sink View Post
    I'm going to get both. Probably ps4 first just because I'm a little tired of Xbox been nonstop Xbox since halo. I need a change lol!

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    I've owned both since inception. My first purchase will be the X1 because I prefer it more.

    Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
  10. jmshub's Avatar

    Posts
    2,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,419 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    I bought a PS3 thinking I'd play a lot of games on it. It is basically a streaming media player and BluRay player. I do like the things they talk about on the new XBox, but I still don't expect to pick one up for a few years.
  11. satycool's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    I probably go for the PS4 - was interested in XboxOne, but I just want the most powerful gaming machine that will give me the best next-gen looking Skyrim, Thief, Fallout, The WItcher 3, Fight Night Boxing..etc! Best looking games has to be PS4 this time (was Xbox 360 previously)
    The Hustleman and Dazzi like this.
  12. NaNoo123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by satycool View Post
    I probably go for the PS4 - was interested in XboxOne, but I just want the most powerful gaming machine that will give me the best next-gen looking Skyrim, Thief, Fallout, The WItcher 3, Fight Night Boxing..etc! Best looking games has to be PS4 this time (was Xbox 360 previously)
    on paper maybe, how that translates to real world we don't know yet.

    Can give you an example
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ction-hardware

    Now that's a positive, but negatives can also happen. So a system may not be able to full fill its full potential.
    Remember the gpus, and cpus that came out with bugs for example.
    These are complicated things, that people assume just works as expected.

    Not having a go, just saying everything to play for in which will be best looking games still....
  13. _Emi_'s Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by satycool View Post
    I probably go for the PS4 - was interested in XboxOne, but I just want the most powerful gaming machine that will give me the best next-gen looking Skyrim, Thief, Fallout, The WItcher 3, Fight Night Boxing..etc! Best looking games has to be PS4 this time (was Xbox 360 previously)
    then your reason doesnt even make sense. 1. hardware doesnt make games more powerful, they can... but xbox and ps4 hardware is really similar but they are 2 different operating systems and Microsoft will use directx and the other opengl.
    so how can you say "the most powerful gaming machine"? you havent touched either console, there is no real comparison, there is no way to know what game console will have "better" graphics, because you wont notice much or not difference between them, im sure.
    if you want that, get a pc, honestly in some years PC gaming will be really good as always, and consoles will be outdated once again. i mean, if you really want the powerful gaming machine PC would be your choice.

    also your point makes less sense in your last part of your comment because you say "Xbox 360 was better" well not in those words but you meant games are better looking in Xbox 360. but wasnt ps4 "more" powerful in paper?
    and honestly... if you keep believing paper specs and automatically linking that to "give you a more powerful gaming machine" then you are not being reasonable about it.
    specs really wont make it better, one reason again its ps4 and Xbox one, the difference between them (taking some non official numbers in their specs because Microsoft hasn't released that info), is really small. also there is going to be cloud computing with xbox one, some devs im sure will find the way to make games better with it.
    again you cant say something is better only because you saw a paper and thought it should be more powerful.
    Last edited by _Emi_; 06-28-2013 at 07:18 PM.
  14. satycool's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    I agree on paper PS4 seems to hold the edge, but it is been mentioned by gaming journalist that PS4 does have better Ram use and able to do more Teraflops for gaming the XboxOne, giving PS4 an advantage graphically. PS4 is also able to access Cloud computing - though I think only a very few exclusives will ever really do anything beyond what the console hardware can do, even then Cloud gamingwill probably appear properly late in the consoles life (right now to me its a testing ground for next gen - just like Kinect 1). I did mention Xb360 as my previous console preference - only because of its multiformat games that played better on 360 compared to PS4...Now I understand that PS4 does have more ooopmh! then One, but now PS4 is also very easy to develop for, unlike PS3. It also seems a little strange MS have not released its info on One regarding its graphical capabilities!
  15. bahamut443's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    If I had to choose, PS4. Though neither platform really makes me all the excited. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I find it hard getting into playing modern games. Never thought third person shooters would ever dominate the console market. Ugh.
  16. Shobiz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Xbox One. Halo changed everything for me.
    martinmc78 likes this.
  17. NaNoo123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by satycool View Post
    I agree on paper PS4 seems to hold the edge, but it is been mentioned by gaming journalist that PS4 does have better Ram use and able to do more Teraflops for gaming the XboxOne, giving PS4 an advantage graphically. PS4 is also able to access Cloud computing - though I think only a very few exclusives will ever really do anything beyond what the console hardware can do, even then Cloud gamingwill probably appear properly late in the consoles life (right now to me its a testing ground for next gen - just like Kinect 1). I did mention Xb360 as my previous console preference - only because of its multiformat games that played better on 360 compared to PS4...Now I understand that PS4 does have more ooopmh! then One, but now PS4 is also very easy to develop for, unlike PS3. It also seems a little strange MS have not released its info on One regarding its graphical capabilities!
    how much if any difference you may see in multi platform games though? Could well be no difference.
    How many of those sites have said you will see better or smoother graphics in multi platform games?

    So in that case you should go for which gives first/second party games you like.

    That's if you don't have any interest at all in kinnect and what it may bring this time around.
  18. sinime's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,210 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,646 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    I had to laugh at a lot of the 360 / PS3 comparisons... Playing the game, you wouldn't see a difference. But pausing both games and dissecting it, you could see slight variances... Some in favor of 360, some in favor of that other system.
    Last edited by sinime; 07-01-2013 at 10:25 AM.
  19. enthuz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I had to laugh at a lot of the 360 / PS4 comparisons... Playing the game, you wouldn't see a difference. But pausing both games and dissecting it, you could see slight variances... Some in favor of 360, some in favor of that other system.
    That's why I look at exclusives and added features because playing games on both are so much fun.

    Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
  20. gedzum's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,972 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,992 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    If I were to get one, I'd be leaning more towards the XBOX One since I like the look of Sunset Overdrive and want to try Halo again. I also prefer the controller (I have a wireless one on PC).

    If I could, I'd like to get both though. I owned a PS 1 and 2 but didn't bother with consoles after that.
  21. atawp's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    PS4 for now mostly cause i have a PS3 and so do all my buddies from college. Granted I'm not going to buy anything for another year or two cause I have a back catalog of games to still go through. So if the xbox1 is cheaper in two years during black friday i may or may not get that instead and i also may need new friends too....
  22. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Idk where you people with PS3's are living, cause I don't know a single person who has a PS3! lol every single one of my friends and their parents and sisters and cousins and dogs and aunts and uncles and grandparents and kids and grandkids all have Xbox 360's! lol
  23. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,777 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Idk where you people with PS3's are living, cause I don't know a single person who has a PS3! lol every single one of my friends and their parents and sisters and cousins and dogs and aunts and uncles and grandparents and kids and grandkids all have Xbox 360's! lol
    I know a few people with PS3's - there was a point when there were a lot more and I was one of the only ones with a 360. I got a few people to jump over before PS3 got hacked as I was keeping an eye on the Hotz case and was keeping an eye on anonymous twitter feeds so knew something was coming. As soon as the hacking started and PSN went down there must have been 30 to 40 people, friends of friends all jumping to xbox.
  24. enthuz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    For me it's 50/50 in my area. All of my online gaming is on the Xbox.

    Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
  25. NaNoo123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Idk where you people with PS3's are living, cause I don't know a single person who has a PS3! lol every single one of my friends and their parents and sisters and cousins and dogs and aunts and uncles and grandparents and kids and grandkids all have Xbox 360's! lol
    Japan 😃
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FaceLock: you are the only one authorized to see.
    By facelock4wp in forum App Spotlight
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 01:51 PM
  2. Xbox Music, your concerns and issues.
    By Narse77 in forum Groove Music
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM
  3. Will the XBOX One be quiet?
    By EchoRedux in forum Xbox Console Gaming
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 12:00 PM
  4. Webex apps or other online meetings
    By xyronaut in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 07:51 PM

Posting Permissions