Terraria for WP8.1 just got updated, now crashes on launch on my 1520

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I was so happy to finally (seriously it's been like a year) see an update for Terraria. But now it's just broken... Can you guys confirm if it's broken on all devices or if it's a 1520 thing?

What makes this even more sad is that a quick fix from the devs is very unlikely...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was so happy to finally (seriously it's been like a year) see an update for Terraria. But now it's just broken... Can you guys confirm if it's broken on all devices or if it's a 1520 thing?

What makes this even more sad is that a quick fix from the devs is very unlikely...

Don't know what this is but you could try reinstalling it

pit77

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
my son just purchased Terraria on wp 8.1 nokia lumia 625 and also is not working. Also crashes on launching. I am just looking for a solution as he is very upsad and me - because I have lost some money :) on my credit card ...:angry:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
my son just purchased Terraria on wp 8.1 nokia lumia 625 and also is not working. Also crashes on launching. I am just looking for a solution as he is very upsad and me - because I have lost some money :) on my credit card ...:angry:

Don't worry, the devs are working on a fix! We don't know when this fix will be released though, could be tomorrow or could be in 2 weeks.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
So Terraria just got updated. (1.2.4.2)

It still crashes on launch... It's already been a month since the update that broke the game...

My guess is it's gonna take well into January for them to release an actual fix (best case scenario!). Just think of all the people buying this game and it just crashes on launch. Unacceptable, really.

A community manager over on the Terraria forums asked us Windows Phone users to let them know if the update fixed the insta-crash. In other words, they don't even test new builds before releasing them.

Mauro Minella

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I've just bougth 2 WP terraria for 2 kids for Christmas, one for WP 635 and one for 735, both 8.1 updated.

Both of them crash on startup... what should I tell these children... to wait for January update????

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
If you learn how to sideload apps you can just sideload an early version that works. I went back to 1.0 since was the one that worked perfectly, and works on W10

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
It's been like 4 months now... So it's obvious the devs don't give two turds about us. If this happened on ios it would be fixed within a week. Sadly the best thing we can do now is try to forget about the game and if we're lucky we'll get a surprise fix in the second half of 2016.

Last edited:

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
This is not what you want to hear: but to get it working, I had to just buy it again.
I had the 2015 version, and yes for some reason it never got past the title screen.
The new version says 'Xbox Live', and works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99