Pok?mon Go is it Worth it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes.

Attempting to rationalize missing out on a phenomenon like that is like asking whether having Snapchat is worth the chance of using it while driving and crashing, or saying that not having a bank app makes your money so much safer.

Situational awareness and common sense is cross-platform.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes.

Attempting to rationalize missing out on a phenomenon like that is like asking whether having Snapchat is worth the chance of using it while driving and crashing, or saying that not having a bank app makes your money so much safer.

Situational awareness and common sense is cross-platform.

Did you watch the video?

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
This game is really dumb. I hope the fad goes away soon, tired of my eyes being polluted with the 'Pokemon Go' junk absolutely everywhere.
People, play whatever game you want and STFU about it. The whole world doesn't need to be aware of it!

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Ya Really , remember when Angry Birds came out? The developer pulled it because it too popular. That's what needs to hapen here.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I saw the game for the first time, and not interested, however when new apps come out that many other people have, you are at a loss.
I want the choice to have these apps.
I would hope MS would want to support WP and help people get the apps the want.
I understand the owner of SnapChat hates MS and there is nothing that can be done.
But Pokemon? There could be a chance...

maddogmoffit

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You should look at like this. Pekomon Go will be a killer app for Win10 mobile. Not killer app as in lifting up the eco system but as in the final nail in the coffin. I f you say no to an app that has grown in two weeks to be the most used app of all then your future are done.

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ive had over 10 friends who I convinved to buy into windows mobile leave in the last week because of no pokemon go- they even held off of snapchat but now they are converting :-/

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ya Really , remember when Angry Birds came out? The developer pulled it because it too popular. That's what needs to hapen here.

You mean Flappy Bird, I think. Angry Birds has continued releasing all kinds of versions and made a movie. Maybe you are out of touch with pop culture (jk=just kidding). I do not play PokemonGo, but it is a lot of fun and nothing has caused people to interact with real life the same way. Of course the fad will fade in the next several months. Same way it did for Angry Birds, Words with Friends, Flappy Bird, etc. Unfortunately, Windows Phone will miss the timing of the fad as something new comes along. It seems these 3rd party games only start developing for Windows Phone once they have no other room for growth on other platforms.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
After switching browsers I have and my response has not changed. It's a planet of humans regardless and you just gotta make the best of it.

Couldn't agree more. If you lost your SA and the ability to protect yourself just because a game then I think it's actually a good thing that the human gene pool throw yours out

impromark

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
The fun part is that this time next year, most of us will he going "Poke-wha..?", while playing whatever has replaced it in the collective consciousness. It's a game, and IMO it's a pretty good one for what it does, but it's most likely a flash in the pan. Niantic is laughing though, all the way to the bank with their enormous garbage bags full of money...

Mark

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
After several weeks of my sister forcing me to drive her around town so she can "catch them all" all the while poking fun at me for having a phone that can't play pokemon go, she gradually started playing less and less and I haven't had to drive her for some time now.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After several weeks of my sister forcing me to drive her around town so she can "catch them all" all the while poking fun at me for having a phone that can't play pokemon go, she gradually started playing less and less and I haven't had to drive her for some time now.

It's definitely fallen off the radar significantly. A symptom of the relative lack of depth. For me, the final straw was them disabling the game for rooted and jailbroken devices. But its definitely not as big of a thing as it was this summer. I wonder what the next fad will be. Maybe they can rejuvenate the game if they add Generation 2 Pokemon and more features, but not much going on so far.

impromark

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I gotta agree. There's only so much patience you can have while catching the same five Pokemon. :p

That being said, I admit it'll be fun to see if the virtual landscape changes any when I go on vacation to Japan...

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro