Come Up with New Names for Windows RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Most people will agree, Windows RT is a terrible name and doesn't really help the general public understand what it is.

I think it would help if RT was changed to "Windows Slate". Microsoft tends to call tablets slates. So not only is this in line with Microsoft's own internal wording, but it creates an auditory pun which relates it to Windows 8 proper.

You could call Windows RT almost anything, have a go.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Windows Slate. Windows' late. I see what you did there. That is a zing moment. As for me, I'd call it Windows On The Go. As tablets are usually an on the go device.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Just "Surface". Then "Surface Pro". "Surface Phone". "Surface X" for the other products etc. My guess is the migration to this naming convention is already in motion.

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Windows ARM makes a lot of sense in my mind.

They might have taken it, but ARM isn't just an identifier of a special processor family, its also the name of the company that designs theses processor architectures. So thats everything but an option for a brand name.

I think Windows RT is ok. Its not the job of the branding to tell people what it is, the company has to do that and Microsoft did a horrible job with that. They didnt circumscribe Win RT enough from Windows 8 and both OS' look exactly the same so people got confused. Thats the real problem. Not the name. People never care about a name, they only have to know the name and to associate the name with something positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12