Windows 8.1RT

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't really understand how this update is going to be rolled out.

Is it the same update for both RT and Non-RT devices? Will they get the update at the same time? Will they be installed the same way?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Won't be the same update for RT and non-RT devices, but featureset should be similar.
They should get the update at the same time.
They will most likely be installed the same way.

Hope that helps.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
anyone having trouble adding work email accounts? i use a corp. exchange account, but can't get it to sync w/ 8.1 rt preview. worked fine on 8. is this just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

KhurramArshad

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I am also having the same issue with my emails.....i have three account configured in MAIL app on surface RT. After upgrading to 8.1 RT. None of them is getting synced and i deleted the accounts and created also..

what is the third install????

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having all kinds of issues with .corp exchange account not working in outlook... don't understand how mail app could work fine but outlook not work. Hoping it's user error.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I am also having the same issue with my emails.....i have three account configured in MAIL app on surface RT. After upgrading to 8.1 RT. None of them is getting synced and i deleted the accounts and created also..

what is the third install????

sorry for being so vague. in the heat of moment it seemed clear! i uninstalled the mail app and then re-installed it from the app store. did that three times, third time worked.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
anyone know if the sweep function will be a part of the mail app on rt? i can't find it, but i'm using the mail app in metro, not outlook programs in desktop mode.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having all kinds of issues with .corp exchange account not working in outlook... don't understand how mail app could work fine but outlook not work. Hoping it's user error.

This issue also exists for me and my basic Microsoft email account. The Mail app on the Start screen automatically had it set up, but when I configured the same email account on the desktop Outlook, it could not work. I don't know why.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro