Surface RT price cuts

samlj0717

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been reading all the comments, and rants since the surface came out. MS put all the info we need to know when it came to full windows/RT and still to this day I hear people saying there still confused and or RT is a stripped down version of W8, so now since the price cuts people are now saying, surface is going the way of the touchpad and this is a fire sale. This is getting rid of the old making way for the new. And one more thing is I never understood the comparison of the surface to the iPad two different devices doing to totally different functions, one is for media use and the other is for getting work done.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think much of the criticism is due to the fact that Microsoft did not exactly do a good job in its marketing of the Surface RT.

There is too much confusion among consumers, and many people do not understand what the Surface RT does or why they would want one. That's Microsoft's job to clarify.

sumothong01

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I think much of the criticism is due to the fact that Microsoft did not exactly do a good job in its marketing of the Surface RT.

There is too much confusion among consumers, and many people do not understand what the Surface RT does or why they would want one. That's Microsoft's job to clarify.

Microsoft never has done a good job at marketing their products. Which I think they are trying to correct now but playing catch up is hard.

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading all the comments, and rants since the surface came out. MS put all the info we need to know when it came to full windows/RT and still to this day I hear people saying there still confused and or RT is a stripped down version of W8, so now since the price cuts people are now saying, surface is going the way of the touchpad and this is a fire sale. This is getting rid of the old making way for the new. And one more thing is I never understood the comparison of the surface to the iPad two different devices doing to totally different functions, one is for media use and the other is for getting work done.

I think its stupid to ONLY sell a tablet as a working device, especially RT. RT cant do nothing but Office, serious work beyond that (like SW Engineering, Adobe stuff, CAD...) is impossible. Its nice you can do a lot of work on it, but it can be a great entertaining and consumption device as well! The consumers see Surface: 500$, less apps than Google Play and good Android tablets are at about 150-200$. At this point (and I think its a very important point) Microsoft fails hard.

The target group of people who really need the working tools Surface offers and thereby decide to buy a Surface (or other RT devices as well) is very, very small I guess. They need to drag the consumers to their platform. Since this market is split under Google and Apple, MS can only compete by offering lower or at least similar prices. They missed that, so they didnt succeed on the market. Yet.

samlj0717

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
First thing who cares about Android tablets they could cost 50, there still worthless, the whole lot of them. And u asked why would you put out a product that you can't do anything but MS office, but apple did it they put out an giant iPhone, and the crazy part is there not expanding the functionality of the device but they keep changing the spec's.

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Apple has a way better reputation than MS, so has the iPad. Furthermore, they have around 300k special iPad-Apps. People know that and the dumber the people, the more it counts on apps I guess.

Thereby its not easy for MS to struggle against that. And cheapo Android tablet should not be underestimated, especially in Asian markets. MS can only counter via the price of their products.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The RT is a severely underestimated piece of kit with some of its biggest features being remote desktop and compatibility with 100's of devices.

In my job I spend a lot of time in meetings flying round 3d models of buildings using CAD software - previously this was done using a high end gaming spec laptop or a high end desktop due to the size of the 3d models. With my RT I can now remote to my pc at home or at my desk at work and wirelessly connect to the projector in the meeting room.

I can navigate around the models and have one note snapped to record meeting conversations for typing up by admin later.

The RT does everything I need it for work wise - I wouldn't want to try modelling or creating animations on a 10.1 inch screen its just not practical, but its now my go to device when i'm not at my desk as it can handle virtually anything on the fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans