Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What are you more excited for? The MS Surface 2 vs Nokia Sirius RT?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft Surface 2

    19 39.58%
  • Nokia 'Sirius' RT

    17 35.42%
  • i cant decide, i want both!!!

    12 25.00%
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By crash1989
  • 1 Post By mase123987
  1. F60Outrunn's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    28 Posts
       #1  
    based on what little we know so far, which are you most excited for? the Microsoft Surface 2, rumoured to be a full Windows 8 tablet,
    or the Nokia 'Sirius' RT Tablet - with the Snapdraggon (spelling fail) 800 processor - and supposed to be lighter and thinner than a iPad?
  2. Ray Adams's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    #2  
    Please add ipad as an option. I have asus vivotab smart and have ipad. For internet browsing i prefer ipad because of excellent screen and 4:3 instead of 16:9.
  3. crash1989's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    1,495 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Adams View Post
    Please add ipad as an option. I have asus vivotab smart and have ipad. For internet browsing i prefer ipad because of excellent screen and 4:3 instead of 16:9.
    Actually the opposite, I find 16:9 better for browsing since I can see more information on articles . iPad's 4.3 restricts me wrt to HD videos too. Surface 2 should be good I hope more apps come through.
    That said after using them all, I am sticking with no tablet. I need a really a solid reason in my life to switch from Windows 8.1 pro to RT.
  4. WanderingTraveler's Avatar

    Posts
    4,678 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #4  
    I'm leaning on the Sirius RT. I'm banking in the chipset to make the decision, since I don't think the Tegra 4 (or 5, for that matter) won't match up to the power of the 800 , though it will be enough.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

    3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)


    I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
  5. #5  
    Sirius RT, simply because it may very well look much better than the Surface.

    But what I'm really looking forward to is something like the Padfone but with Windows in the future.
    Lumia 820 (white & red shells) + White Purity In-ear + 32GB Samsung Class 10 Micro SD HC
  6. mase123987's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,082 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    #6  
    I don't need another tablet I actually need less tablets...
    rdubmu likes this.
  7. WanderingTraveler's Avatar

    Posts
    4,678 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    I don't need another tablet I actually need less tablets...
    PROTIP: Give me an RT or Windows 8 tablet.

    Or, give me the Surface 2 Pro :)
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

    3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)


    I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
  8. mase123987's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,082 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    PROTIP: Give me an RT or Windows 8 tablet.

    Or, give me the Surface 2 Pro :)
    You can buy the Surface RT from me if you want...
  9. WanderingTraveler's Avatar

    Posts
    4,678 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    You can buy the Surface RT from me if you want...
    Well, you say you want to get rid of your tablets...and I see that RT offers a lot of promise. By the way, do you have the Touch or Type Cover?
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

    3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)


    I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
  10. mase123987's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,082 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTraveler View Post
    Well, you say you want to get rid of your tablets...and I see that RT offers a lot of promise. By the way, do you have the Touch or Type Cover?
    Type
  11. WanderingTraveler's Avatar

    Posts
    4,678 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,688 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    Type
    Well, either way, I can't really afford it :/

    Perhaps in a year? The value should've gone for it to be worth $250 for it and the type cover to be sold ;)

    But, either way...shipping companies in the Philippines aren't really reliable.
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

    3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Pom Poko (平成狸合戦ぽんぽこ)


    I have a creepy avatar, don't I?
  12. Ray Adams's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    #12  
    Dont agree that 16:9 is better for web. Because in 16:9 you need to zoom or everything will be to small. No needs to zoom in 4:3.
  13. gwinegarden's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #13  
    I'm waiting to see the 8.1 tablets, that are coming.
  14. #14  
    neither: Surface Pro 2
  15. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    #15  
    Where's the option for neither?

    No RT device is more capable than the $800 thin and light laptop I bought in 2010. It would be redundant to keep that around if I'm getting a 10+ inch, $500+ device, and buying a decent ultrabook would add another $1200 at minimum. While I believe the Metro interface is quite frankly superior to what iOS and Android are doing on this kind of form factor, the app situation is just awful. For the few times I've poked my head into the Windows Store, I leave disgusted. As is, there is absolutely no way I can recommend an RT device over Android or iOS, unless the only thing you ever, ever do is run Microsoft apps. (Even then, many of the built-in apps are far less mature than what competitors offer.)

    Microsoft may be boasting 100K+ apps on the Windows Store, but the quality is worse than Windows Phone in early 2011. Maybe Windows Phone is starting to gain traction because it actually has crossed some preliminary app gap. Windows 8's ecosystem feel years behind in comparison.
  16. Major Plonquer's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    Where's the option for neither?

    No RT device is more capable than the $800 thin and light laptop I bought in 2010. It would be redundant to keep that around if I'm getting a 10+ inch, $500+ device, and buying a decent ultrabook would add another $1200 at minimum. While I believe the Metro interface is quite frankly superior to what iOS and Android are doing on this kind of form factor, the app situation is just awful. For the few times I've poked my head into the Windows Store, I leave disgusted. As is, there is absolutely no way I can recommend an RT device over Android or iOS, unless the only thing you ever, ever do is run Microsoft apps. (Even then, many of the built-in apps are far less mature than what competitors offer.)

    Microsoft may be boasting 100K+ apps on the Windows Store, but the quality is worse than Windows Phone in early 2011. Maybe Windows Phone is starting to gain traction because it actually has crossed some preliminary app gap. Windows 8's ecosystem feel years behind in comparison.
    When Android or iOS were the same age as RT is now they had far, far, far fewer apps. Now they have more. Same will happen with RT. But given your logic, why would anyone use Android or iOS when you can get access to the hundreds of millions of Windows apps on Surface Pro/8.1? By comparison, Android/iOS are totally lame.
  17. Mantraxalos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #17  
    I thought MS said they want to eventually merge the apps on WP with th RT market. Maybe that will improve the situation.
  18. AngryNil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,383 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Plonquer View Post
    When Android or iOS were the same age as RT is now they had far, far, far fewer apps. Now they have more. Same will happen with RT.
    No one cares about what happened when Android and iOS were the same age as RT. When a consumer is looking for a new device, they (rightly) compare what is currently on the market. Why on Earth are you giving Microsoft a pass for being late to the party?

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Plonquer View Post
    But given your logic, why would anyone use Android or iOS when you can get access to the hundreds of millions of Windows apps on Surface Pro/8.1?
    I'm referring to a part-tablet device here, and those desktop apps are neither suited for that form factor, nor comparable to Android or iOS apps. Next to none of those apps matter to people (name what people use on their PCs and compare to what they use on their phones – you'll see the discrepancy soon enough), and next to none of them are any good.
  19. sumothong01's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    81 Posts
    #19  
    Im going to get either surface 2 or the Nokia whatever they end up naming it. I really want the Nokia but everything I've read says it will have LTE I'll only get it if it has a WiFi only option.

Similar Threads

  1. 620 touchscreen unresponsive after recent nokia update?
    By Ashley Davies1 in forum Nokia Lumia 620
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-05-2014, 03:44 PM
  2. Has anyone heard anything regarding who will be taking the CEO spot at Nokia?
    By gsquared in forum General Microsoft News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 08:34 AM
  3. Nokia 720 Glance Issue
    By Pulserider in forum Nokia Lumia 720
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 08:30 AM
  4. Nokia amber update coming soon for 520 . Waiting goes on ...
    By Shishir Girjapurkar in forum Nokia Lumia 520
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2013, 12:25 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2013, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions